• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
xnd7xf.jpg
[....]
convicted killer is on the run. Andreious Stokes was supposed to be sentenced Thursday morning, but he never showed up in court.
Authorities said he skipped out from house arrest
[...]
Stokes pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter in October in the 2013 death of Anthony Hambric.

Judge Olu Stevens agreed to release him on house arrest
[..]
Stokes and two other men were arrested in the robbing and beating death of Hambric
[...]
Jordan Horton and William Cowherd were also arrested.
[....]
three men agreed to plea deals to have their charges of murder reduced.

Horton pleaded guilty to attempted reckless homicide and was sentenced to 180 days.

Cowherd agreed to plead guilty to tampering with evidence in exchange for a two-year sentence. He is scheduled to be sentenced
[...]
Stokes was facing a total of 20 years on the manslaughter charge. He has a prior conviction of robbery and assault.

Hambric's family members were in court for the sentencing.
[...]
said they were not happy that he was placed on house arrest.

"Stokes is out on the loose. They let him go home on HIP, a murderer, they let him go home. Now he's out, just running around, on the loose," said the victim's niece
[...]
Stokes was reported missing Tuesday morning.
[...]
Police were responding to his home for an unknown reason sometime around 3:55 a.m
[...]
That's when home incarceration program officials received a signal from his GPS anklet saying that it had been tampered with.

Stokes ran from his home when police arrived and officers chased him, but were unable to catch him
[...]
His GPS anklet was found behind a bush.

"My knowledge of the circumstances is somewhat limited, and I can't delve into too much, given attorney-client (privilege)," Stokes' attorney, John Mack, said. "But I can represent to the court that this is not the typical trying-to-evade-sentencing. I think this stems from a relatively complicated family matter."
[...]
Stokes now has a warrant for his arrest.

He could face an additional two years in prison for running away.
http://www.wlky.com/news/convicted-...ration-fails-to-appear-at-sentencing/30296682

Did his lawyer truly say that? "But I can represent to the court that this is not the typical trying-to-evade sentencing. This stems from a complicated family matter":stop:
The man's been on house arrest since Oct 2013, he was due in court to be sentenced today, but took off Tuesday?! Yeah, it's a domestic issue :sarcasm:
Effing defense attorneys. Do they realize how stupid they sound?

this article cannot be right....those are their sentences? and he was put on house arrest? where is this at? Crazyville?

Is it just me or do y'all think that just maybe it might be a good idea to keep those that have either lead or been found guilty of murder or manslaughter IN jail until their sentencing?

Because it kinda seems to me that maybe they have proven that they are colossal douchebags and could possibly run, since taking a life wasn't an issue for them it stands to reason that maybe being a fugitive wouldn't be either?

Or is that just a thought process that I have?

Back