• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Her past sucks, seriously, I'm not kidding, that's a crappy childhood. But, having a crappy childhood doesn't negate one's responsibility to parent, protect and not murder their own children. She's still responsible for what happened to her son either by commission or omission, regardless of her bad childhood.

These were my exact thoughts as I was reading that! Great minds think alike!!

It sounds like the same issues ANY kid would have with being removed from their home...depression, situational anxiety and difficulty adjusting. More like having to adapt to rules after being raised with none...adjusting to having chores after not having any etc...Pretty normal response to me. Not anything that would negate what she did to her son

Her past sucks, seriously, I'm not kidding, that's a crappy childhood. But, having a crappy childhood doesn't negate one's responsibility to parent, protect and not murder their own children. She's still responsible for what happened to her son either by commission or omission, regardless of her bad childhood.
Her past really sucks balls. It actually puts a light on the "why" she behaves the way she did. She sounds like she disconnected when the abuse was happening to her child, add in the drugs, homelessness, pregnant, her mom passing away, and its a fucked up mess.

Also looks like she didnt get intense therapy to overcome her blighted childhood. Those children, in those situations, absolutely need it.
Im not saying at all, that this excuses her actions and non actions towards her child. I am saying that in light of this new information, I understand the why. I dont think she had the necessary skills needed to cope in resembling what a mother does or is.

She should have never had children.

Last edited:
What I want to know is this, why did she only live with family for 9 months? And then home to home in foster? Was she aged out with no support? Or ran away and no one looked for her, then turned 18?
Im curious.

Interview with Meagan (Noelle is a news reporter)

Noelle used what's called video visitation. She could see Meagan and Meagan could see her. Meagan was in the portion of the jail by her cell.

Noelle says Meagan was soft-spoken and appeared just as the public has seen her in her mugshots. No better no worse.

Meagan said that she was only supposed to speak with her attorney but she hung around, so Noelle told Meagan that FOX 7 has been covering the case and asked if there was anything she would want to tell the public.

Megan said no "everything I say gets turned around."

Noelle says she didn't want to ask her about details of her son's death right off for fear she would end the conversation.

Noelle says she asked her about Colton. Noelle says she asked her as a mother what it was like to know that she was going to miss her son's funeral while she was in jail.

Meagan immediately hung up the phone and walked as quickly as she could back to her cell. The cell was in Noelle's direct line of sight.

Meagan shut the door and Noelle says she could see Meagan peering out of the window. Meagan did this several times. Noelle waited and watched Meagan until the jailer told Noelle that Meagan wasn't coming back. That is when Noelle left.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/26560565/exclusive-interview-with-meagan-work

Interesting, I see mention of her getting pissy and walking away. I see mention of her looking out her cell window several times. But I don't see mention of any tears. Quite interesting and honestly, quite telling as well.

What I want to know is this, why did she only live with family for 9 months? And then home to home in foster? Was she aged out with no support? Or ran away and no one looked for her, then turned 18?
Im curious.

As to why she went to foster care:

Meagan and her sisters were removed from the home in 2007. One of them went to live with family friends while Meagan and her other sister went to their paternal grandmother's home.

All three girls alleged repeated sexual abuse by their father Sidney. One of them saying it started as early as when they were two or three-years-old. No charges were filed.

Sidney Work did complete a sex offender evaluation in late 2007. The report states because he showed four out of five risk factors he should not be allowed unsupervised visitation. In interviews with the girls' grandmother in the Summer of 2008 she admitted she allowed the girls to be alone with their parents.

Meagan and her sister were then put in foster care. Meagan had bonded with her foster family. But the report also outlined her "concerning behavior" as she continued to have unsupervised communication with her father and grandmother.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/26560484/details-revealed-about-meagan-works-home-life

@shezrai ...thanks. I couldnt figure out why they had been pulled from relatives. Im kinda pissed at her grandmother for ignoring the fact megans parents, especially her father, were dangerous. Unless it was his mom, and shes in denial about her molester son.

So. This leaves us with the fact that megan turned out as a sociopath. (Used to be called anti social.) All because of her upbringing. Its a hit or miss if kids turn out ok with that kind of life. I turned out ok. So did alot of kids I know. But I also know ones that didnt.
Depends on the kid, I guess. And the people who guide them into normalcy.

Megan is paying for many sins now. As well it should be. Sad thing is, this all could have been prevented. And she was the first in line to take that step. She didnt.

Why did no one act earlier? Shocking photos of injuries endured by toddler taken by his relatives and shared online TWO months before his body was found in woods
  • The body of Colton Brandt Turner, two, was found Texas last week
  • His remains were hidden in a wooded area of southeast Austin
  • His mother Megan Work, 20, and her boyfriend, Michael Brandt Turner, 29, have been charged with tampering with physical evidence
  • Family member took photos of injuries on his body in July
  • They were then sent to Work's friend this week who contacted police
  • CPS received four complaints into possible abuse against him
  • Work had been living out of her car or with friends for the past months

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mily-TWO-months-body-woods.html#ixzz3E11tEq5v

Pretty shitty @Whisper, that it was a FRIEND who called police right when she saw those pics(and he was long dead,unbeknownst to her)and not the family members, who took them when he was alive.

the pos just had another baby end of Feb;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-beating-death-gives-birth-baby-custody.html
2689D6E800000578-2989763-Meagan_Work_pictured_gave_birth_to_a_baby_boy_while_in_custody_l-a-31_1426082933704.jpg

The baby's father is believed to be Michael Brandt Turner, who is also charged in the death of Work's two-year-old son, Colton Brandt Turner. Michael Turner was not Colton's biological father............
Work, who had previously pleaded guilty to animal cruelty and assault charges, is now charged with injury to a child in the death while Turner is charged with injury to a child by omission.

Work remains in the Travis County Jail.

A Travis County Sheriff's spokesman said deputies typically take mothers to a hospital to deliver babies, but would not provide any details on Work's case citing federal medical privacy laws.

Work's aunt and a family friend issued a statement to Fox7 about her new child.

'In order to protect this child from undue duress surrounding this tragedy, we decline all requests for comment,' they wrote. 'Please understand that Colton's Law will save and protect thousands of children per year in Texas from suffering the same fate as Colton.'

Colton's Law seeks to make it easier for law enforcement to find people who are running from CPS during investigations, as Work was before Colton's death.

'Colton’s Law would mandate state law enforcement to step in to search in cases where the child cannot be located and is in danger,' the family explains on their Facebook page.

Both Work and Turner will next appear in court on April 13.

2689D6FA00000578-2989763-image-m-28_1426082100417.jpg

more completre details at the link
fkn freak was hiding from cps that just slays me

I know it is totally immaterial to this appalling story, but is that a recent jail photo? Does she get to wear makeup in jail? Or is that her original booking shot?

I know it is totally immaterial to this appalling story, but is that a recent jail photo? Does she get to wear makeup in jail? Or is that her original booking shot?

I have no idea, I think it's the original.

It does look like an original booking photo. When they're brought in, after they dress out, they do their booking photos, so whatever makeup they had on when they were arrested they'll still have on. A lot of people's makeup often looks smeared/smeary not only b/c they just flat look like shit, but also b/c some jails require arrestees to take delousing showers before they dress out and go into holding cells. Like ours. :)

He pleaded for twenty years.....please give me twenty years. :crack:

Fucking wow...how you beat a kid like that? That's not okay.

He pleaded for twenty years.....please give me twenty years. :crack:

Fucking wow...how you beat a kid like that? That's not okay.

He legally did not Beat the baby...he stood by and did nothing while the pos mom beat the baby ..than he helped bury him..

Morally though ..I think he is JUST as guilty as the pos mom..

October 26, 2017

The trial date for a woman charged in connection with the death of her 3-year-old has been pushed back to allow her defense more time to review evidence.

Originally, Meagan Work’s trial was scheduled for Oct. 30, but will now take place May 7, 2018. She has pleaded not guilty to tampering with evidence and injury to a child after her son, Colton Turner, was found in a shallow grave in 2014.

Police say Work changed her story numerous times when they questioned her. However, Work’s defense argued that her arrest was unconstitutional and her statements should be tossed from the record. A judge agreed with that argument in October 2015, but last December an appeals court ruled those statements could be allowed into evidence.

Work’s attorney told KXAN Wednesday that its recent appeal of that ruling was rejected and that pushing back her trial date would give the defense time to analyze that ruling and prepare in light of the evidence being allowed in court. She also said that Work is in good spirits and is looking forward to the trial date and having all the evidence brought to light.

Michael Turner, 32, pleaded guilty in February 2016 to tampering with evidence and reckless injury to a child by omission charges in connection with Colton’s death. Turner led police to Colton’s body, which he buried, removed, and then buried in a different location. Turner is serving a 20-year sentence.
http://kxan.com/2017/10/26/new-trial-date-set-in-meagan-work-case/
268A1C9B00000578-2989763-image-a-33_1426082956676.jpg

A mother charged in connection with her 2-year-old son's death has pleaded guilty to two charges, weeks before her trial was set to start.

Meagan Work, 24, had initially pleaded not guilty to the tampering with evidence and two injury to a child charges after her son, Colton Turner, was found in a shallow grave in 2014.

On Thursday Work pleaded guilty to two charges. Travis County prosecutors agreed to drop the second injury to a child charge. Her sentencing hearing is scheduled for Nov. 26, in which a judge will determine her punishment after hearing evidence from both sides. A judge could sentence Work anywhere from five years to life in prison for the injury to child charge.

Work's boyfriend at the time, Michael Turner, led police to Colton's body, which he buried, removed and then buried in a different location. Turner is currently serving a 20-year sentence. He could be released in December of 2022 for good behavior.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/08...in-connection-with-her-2-year-old-sons-death/

@Satanica @cubby @Muriel Schwenck @CbabyRKO
Meagan Work has been sentenced to 30 years in prison Friday for her role in the July 2014 death of her 2-year-old son, Colton turner.

The sentence followed four days of testimony about how the child died and whether Work inflicted fatal injuries before her and her ex-boyfriend, Michael Turner, buried Colton in a shallow grave in southeast Austin.

Work, 24, pleaded guilty this summer to one count of injury to a child and one count of tampering with evidence. Her lawyers maintained that Work did not kill the boy and is responsible only for failing to seek medical attention for him.

Turner, who is not the boy’s biological father, is serving 20 years in prison after pleading guilty two years ago to reckless injury to a child by omission and two counts of tampering with evidence. He is expected to be released from prison in December 2022.
https://www.statesman.com/news/20181130/meagan-work-sentenced-to-30-years-in-toddler-sons-death
1543604005798.png

Turner, who is not the boy’s biological father, is serving 20 years in prison after pleading guilty two years ago to reckless injury to a child by omission and two counts of tampering with evidence. He is expected to be released from prison in December 2022.

What the hell?! He was sentenced to 20 years in jail 2years ago, so 2016 and he's expected to be released in 2022? 6 fucking years for killing a little boy, that's just ridiculous.

A state appeals court has upheld the conviction and 30-year prison sentence for Meagan Work in the 2014 death of her 2-year-old son.

The Austin-based 3rd Court of Appeals rejected Work's claim that the trial judge improperly allowed testimony about statements she had made to investigators because the 20-year-old pregnant woman had been falsely arrested and was repeatedly lied to by Cedar Park police regarding her legal rights.

The 3rd Court of Appeals once again Thursday ruled that Work's statements to investigators were legally obtained.

The court said that even if Work was not brought before a magistrate in a timely manner, her statements could be used because she was read her Miranda rights before she was questioned by police.

Work, who initially claimed her 2-year-old son, Colton Turner, was missing before his body was discovered in a shallow grave in 2014, said in the appeal that she was nauseated and throwing up from pregnancy complications during the first 26 hours of questioning. She said that investigators failed to adequately address her personal and medical needs while she was being held.

Cedar Park police also repeatedly dismissed her questions regarding a lawyer, lied to her about the court system and delayed taking her to a magistrate for almost 75 hours, according to defense lawyers.

Work said the investigators caused her to become confused about her legal rights during questioning, in which she eventually admitted burying her dead son with the help of her now ex-boyfriend.

While Work's role in the death of her son will remain somewhat undefined because the autopsy of his decomposed body failed to provide concrete leads, authorities do have a guess about how he died.

Travis County state District Judge David Wahlberg, who sentenced Work in 2018, said he believed the young mother was unable to control her emotions and slammed the child against a truck door, as noted by a man who testified that he witnessed the act as he unloaded his work truck in an industrial area on Cameron Road in Northeast Austin.

Work also didn’t take the child to a hospital for fear her abusive behavior would draw the attention of law enforcement, the judge said.

The sentence came as Work’s ex-boyfriend, Michael Turner, was serving 20 years in prison in connection with the case.

Back