• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
9kwe34.jpg

A Colorado woman has been arrested for giving a marijuana-laced brownie to her teenage son who ate the confection and suffered serious injuries when he later jumped out of a third-story apartment window, police said on Thursday.

Julieane Jablonski, 38, was booked on suspicion of providing marijuana to a minor and felony tampering with a witness, the Fort Collins Police Department said in a statement.

Jablonski gave the pot brownie on April 14 to her 19-year-old son, Austin Essig, who then started acting strangely with witnesses saying he ran toward the window and jumped out "without hesitation," police said.

Police did not describe the exact injuries Essig suffered in the three-story fall, but said he was seriously hurt.

Colorado voters in 2012 sanctioned recreational use of marijuana, but only for those aged 21 and older......

She appeared in court briefly on Thursday and the Larimer County District Attorney's Office has formal charges pending against her, the Fort Collins Coloradoan reported on its website, citing court records.

Since Essig is over 18, Jablonski normally would have simply been given a misdemeanor citation, but the witness tampering charge is a felony that prompted her arrest.....

"She allegedly attempted to get other witnesses to change their stories," Christensen said.

It was the latest of several incidents of pot users harming themselves that authorities in Colorado have confronted since retail sales of the drug began there last year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...50.html?cps=gravity_2246_-8325654100929997131

Pot must be a lot stronger than back in my day. Never met a pot head that believed they could fly. LSD yes, Mary Jane no. Wonder if it were laced with pcp?

So, what exactly were those free-spirits smoking in the 1970s? Since cannabis was named a Schedule 1 drug in 1970, the Natural Center for Natural Projects Research (NCNPR) at the University of Mississippi has been testing marijuana samples confiscated in U.S. marijuana raids. In agreement with popular belief, today’s marijuana is 57-67% more potent when compared to samples from the '70s.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/that-strong-stuff-why-is-cannabis-now-so-diff

I just don't understand these people who can't handle weed. Like that cop who called 911 cause he thought he was dead/dying. I've smoked/eaten some really high THC content sativas, indicas, and blends and never had an issue so the concept is just alien to me.

Jablonski gave the pot brownie on April 14 to her 19-year-old son, Austin Essig, who then started acting strangely with witnesses saying he ran toward the window and jumped out "without hesitation," police said.

If I wrote the article I would have said he jumped out the window "with the quickness".

Because that's probably what the stoner witnesses said.

Seriously, I think we've had several of these psycho episodes after eating pot stories, and I know from experience it's not the same as smoking. Also, different cannibinols are released at different temperatures, so you can target what temperature you want when vaping. Cooking, you probably get the whole tamale.

Last edited:
When I hadn't smoked much I made the mistake of getting drunk and then taking a hit off of my friend's gravity bong. I literally couldn't stop puking and I was seeing shit. I totally called an ambulance. :D I love to tell new friends that story because we all have a good laugh at me. I do well with my herb now, but I still steer clear of gravity bongs. And I've had some edibles fuck me up pretty good. I've never wanted to jump out a window though. Ouch.

It also affects you differently when you eat it, I was like rubber after having a wee marijuana bun in Amsterdam lol.
I agree. It's not only a head buzz but a complete body buzz. I still don't believe someone would dive out a window from only pot. Sit on the couch and chill.

I will admit that edibles are a totally different story, but I think I would be too paranoid about the distance from the couch to the floor to jump out of a third-story window if my tolerance to thc was that low, if I even had the will to move at that point.
Then again, everyone is different and it doesn't really state whether there were any other substances involved that could have intensified the effects of the pot.
In regards to the mother, she really should have just owned up to the mistake though, I mean, saying she didn't think it'd have such an adverse effect on him would be better than asking witnesses to lie and would have lessened her charges.

Well, this is weird to me. I smoke for medicinal purposes and hopefully soon i can get some edibles. I just don't see this happening however with me. Sad that it happened though.
yeah, if you take ingestibles start with a very small amount and see how it effects you I have never been a pot user in any form but did try to come up with edibles for seriously terminally ill people so experimented with making edibles. I also ended up in a couple of stupid situations with someone giving me edibles without telling me [chocolate] I was not happy and was stoned forever and not in a pot smoking way.

People such as myself who are light weights cannot do any of it regardless what form it is. I totally understand how he could have had such a horrible reaction. I mean all I have to do is be around it, especially in a closed up space and get a contact buzz. I smoked some when I was 16 and slept for 2 days and the ones who gave it to me claimed it was what they normally always smoked and didn't know why I was out of it for so long. I guess it is like law enforcement states just because one person can drink 12 beers and still drive perfectly fine doesn't mean everyone can. I am one of those that can drink one wine cooler and down for the night! I wouldn't blow a BAC level over the legal limit but I would definitely drunk as a skunk!

Pitifully, I kinda get it. I tried smoking pot once in my teens. Didn't go well. First I giggled til I pee'd, then was sure I heard sirens and they were coming for us, then passed out. Gave it up. I'm a waste of perfectly good pot. Scotch and I are a better match.

I actually had to steal my parents weed ... they never shared.

They Laughed their way backward out my room once after rushing in because I was screaming

for them.

Stoned Me: I want to roll over but my I can't lift my arms!

My Parents: Laughs! Close door leave high and distressed child on her own.

Never touched their weed again. My Dad used to make Cherry Oil with Cherry Whisky

Putting all that chemistry and that degree in Agriculture from the U of Guelph to good use.

Go Dad!

Back