• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Beloit man is facing an animal mistreatment charge after bathing a dog in boiling water, according to a criminal complaint.

A Beloit officer was dispatched to assist with a complaint about animal mistreatment Tuesday afternoon, in the City of Beloit.

The officer reported seeing a female golden retriever with some of her skin pulled back from her eyebrows to the back of her neck. Also a large patch of skin was missing from the rib area of the dog.

The suspect, Cody Sholes, 26, allegedly caused the injuries to the dog with boiling water.

Sholes said that on Dec. 4 he was in the basement of his apartment and turned the water heater up to the highest temperature because the water in the apartment was cold. Sholes told the officer that on Dec. 5 he put the dog in the tub with the water running while he attended to his 3-month-old child, police said.

Sholes told the officer that he heard the dog whimpering and when he went to the bathroom he found that the dog had torn down the curtains. Sholes told the officer that he saw injuries on the dog and turned the water off, which caused his hand to get burned. The officer reports that while speaking with Sholes, he did not observe any injuries on him consistent with being burned by boiling water.

Two officers drove the dog to Veterinary Emergency Services in Janesville. A doctor that assessed the dog said she would recover but that it would be a long process.

A veterinarian said for these types of injuries to occur, the water would have to be above boiling, which would be approximately 212 degrees, according to the criminal complaint.
https://www.channel3000.com/news/complaint-beloit-man-bathes-dog-in-boiling-water/673550032
Cody%20sholes%20mug_1513381467413.jpg_9697323_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Someone should pour boiling water on him and see how much he likes it. Asshat.:asshat:

Poor doggie. :(

Steve Bannon Jr hereneeds his head microwaved
and an active curling iron stuffed in his corn chute.

I feel sick.

Boil him. There's this invention called the bull. A giant, hollow metal statue rigged so that as you cook the guy you imprison inside their screams sound like a live farm animal.

The best punishment I can think of for people like this is to cage them up with some hungry pit bulls.

Oct 12, 2018
A Beloit man’s dog scalded under a boiling-hot shower in December didn’t get treatment for four days.

Cody A. Sholes, 26, was convicted of leaving Sunny, his 11-month old golden retriever, under boiling-hot shower water in December. He was convicted of felony mistreatment of an animal and was sentenced by Rock County Judge Karl Hanson.
Sholes asked to serve his entire one-year jail term with work-release, but Hanson ordered Sholes to be taken immediately to jail and have no work release for four days.

Sholes reached an agreement Friday to plead guilty and serve three years of probation with 12 months of jail with work-release. He told Hanson he has a full-time job at a grocery store, and the work allows him to provide for his young child.
“I can only imagine the pain, crying and … the sheer terror that that animal must have felt for that period of time for those injuries to be sustained and in such a manner,” Hanson said.

“This gives me a great deal of concern.”

Beyond answering the judge’s questions, Sholes declined to make a statement to the court.

Sholes, according to the complaint, didn’t think the injuries were bad because Sunny was playful and eating.

“This is truly troubling, sir,” Hanson said.
1584898731317.png

Sunny has a new family

Back