• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
dddt1x.jpg

Chris Waide​
He claimed he was a distraught friend who wanted to help search for the vanished teenager.
[...]
in the Denver suburb of Westminster, Christopher Waide, 23, was not her friend, but he is her killer.

Waide was charged with first-degree murder
[...]
in the case of 19-year-old Lea Chali Porter, whose body has not yet been found.

Based on his alleged confession, Waide was also charged with sexual assault.

Police said Waide was helping in the search for Porter’s body,
[...]
He is being held without bail at the Adams County Jail.

“I don’t know how I’m doing,” said Porter’s mother, Rene Jackson. “I’m in a nightmare
[..]
Porter’s brother and boyfriend went to Waide’s apartment and used a hidden cell phone to simultaneously record their conversation and transmit it to a 911 operator.
[...]
Waide allegedly confessed to killing Porter and took the men to a nearby park where he said the slaying had occurred.

Waide had been interviewed several times by police since Porter vanished last week while staying at Waide’s apartment.

He initially told police Porter had left in the middle of the night after the two of them argued.

But her car was still in the parking lot of Waide’s apartment complex
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eenage-friend-article-1.1829343#ixzz34ZDpMySP
Lea Chali Porter, seen here, was raped and killed last week in Colorado. Christopher Waide has been charged with both crimes and is in jail.
s58j2v.jpg

Christopher Waide leaves his apartment on Wednesday​
The investigation into a missing Denver-area woman has grimly turned into a search for her body.
Lea Chali Porter, 19, disappeared more than a week ago, and an acquaintance was arrested
[...]
first-degree murder charges after allegedly confessing to her slaying when confronted by Porter’s brother and boyfriend.
[...]
Christopher Waide, 23, is cooperating and assisting in the search for her body. He is also charged with sexual assault and is being held at the Adams County jail.
[...]
Porter was visiting Waide at his Westminster apartment when he said she left in the middle of the night.

Porter’s brother and her boyfriend went to Waide’s apartment
[..]
to speak with him. He had them follow him to a nearby park where he then confessed to murdering her and dumping her body. He also described how he did it
[...]
That alleged confession was recorded with 911 on the line.
[...]
police had interviewed Waide multiple times and searched his apartment, but apparently never had enough evidence to arrest him. On Wednesday, Waide told
[...]
that Porter left his apartment on her own and that he wanted to help find her.
Well, overall I just want her to be safe,” he said during the interview. “I don’t have very many friends but the friends I do have I’m very loyal to. So even losing one is a heavy blow for me. I tried texting her. I’ve tried calling her. I’ve left her some messages on Facebook and haven’t heard anything back from her.”

Police removed several trash bins at Waide’s apartment complex and have cordoned off an area near a landfill. But it was unclear whether they targeted the landfill for a search.

“It’s like she disappeared off the face of the earth, and it’s not like her,” Jackson
[...]
before Waide’s arrest.
Porter hadn’t used her cellphone since June 3 and her social media accounts and credit cards hadn’t been active since then either. Her car was still in the parking lot of Waide’s apartment after she went missing but her personal belongings inside were gone.

Porter’s mother said her daughter was in the process of moving to Denver and Waide, an acquaintance from high school, offered to help her.

During his interview
[...]
Waide said Porter got upset while she was visiting him because he confronted her about having heroin. He said she left after that. Porter’s mother
[....]
daughter had no known issues with drugs.

Waide told
[..]
earlier this week the attention was overwhelming: “It’s definitely intimidating because I’m more of a person to listen and not speak. So with everyone trying to get in touch with me and asking me what happened, it’s been a shock to my system.”

Waide’s first appearance in court will be on Monday.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/06/13/friend-allegedly-confessed-to-murder-of-missing-woman/
wv786x.jpg

This one is creeping me out. I lived 1 block away from those apartments 5 years ago. I moved us because the neighborhood was starting to get sketchy.

I wonder how the 911 recording will go in court. He wasn't read his Miranda rights, so will it hold up?
I don't know what else they have.

Fucking sad and creepy. He looks like he is a murderer. Poor thing probably never expected it and was terrified to death in her last minutes on earth knowing her friend was killing her.

Damn, she was soooo freakin' cute. What an asshole for taking her life. I'm shocked that the brother and boyfriend didn't just completely smash this guy if he really did casually confess to raping and murdering her!

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/16/lea-porter/10567235/

In a statement after Waide's first court appearance, Lea Porter's step-father Michael Jackson, said Waide's claims to have stabbed her, strangled her, and put her body in a trash bag, and then threw it in a dumpster.

Waide really is a monster. I can't imagine being a family member and listening to testimony like that in court :(

ETA: this case is near me & I was just watching an interview with her stepdad. He made it clear that he wants Waide to suffer and threatened that if Waide doesn't end up being setenced to life in prison, he'll kill him himself.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...rter-threatens-suspect-christopher-adam-waide

Last edited:
I wonder how the 911 recording will go in court. He wasn't read his Miranda rights, so will it hold up?

No doubt his attorney will fight tooth and nail to get the confession thrown out, but the brother and boyfriend aren't law enforcement officers (I assume), so they weren't obligated to tell him his rights.

It looks like Colorado is a "one-party consent' state, so the 911 recording is probably also going to be allowed as evidence.

She was moving up to the Denver area from down south in Pueblo. I'm not sure why she had to stay with him for a few days, but that's what happened. Maybe she was job or apartment hunting.

It was after this aired that everyone started calling me and saying he was guilty...i think that's when I became mostly convinced that he had something to do with this...so I kept calm, kept calling and texting him until I flew back to Co. From d.c.
and went to his apartment with maxx (leas brother) before I went inside chris's apartment, a plain clothes defective approached me, asked to search me for weapons and told me if I attacked Chris it would work in his benifit. Then I went inside.
chris's story had been changing daily by this point. He had told me at one point that he had given lea a tarot card reading,...so I asked for the same...

Damn, she was soooo freakin' cute. What an asshole for taking her life. I'm shocked that the brother and boyfriend didn't just completely smash this guy if he really did casually confess to raping and murdering her!

it was the most difficult moment of my life, but I thought if I hurt him now ( while he was confessing) I may never find her.....but honestly I regret not killing him right there.

I didn't know Lea personally, but I'm from Denver and have followed her story closely. I'm sorry this tragedy is what brought you here, but welcome :) She was a beautiful girl and from the one person I know who knew her, she had a heart of gold as well.

it was the most difficult moment of my life, but I thought if I hurt him now ( while he was confessing) I may never find her.....but honestly I regret not killing him right there.
Holy shit that must have been excruciating... I can't imagine the strength it took.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are a very strong person, and I am confident the court will see what kind of monster he is and put him away for life.

heart of gold is right...she only saw the goods things in life...she taught me so much...i think she taught me how I am to cope with losing the love of my life....sge is amazing

More info on the case, but we're not going to get much more because its been sealed.

Preliminary hearing set for Christopher Waide in Lea Porter murder case
Bond also to be addressed at Christopher Waide's next court date
By Christy Steadman

POSTED: 07/08/2014 04:36:17 PM MDT

Christopher Adam Waide

Brighton — A former Cotopaxi resident had a preliminary and bond hearing date set Tuesday concerning the murder of Lea Chali Porter, 19, also a former Fremont County resident.

Christopher Adam Waide, 23, will next appear for his combined preliminary and bond hearing at 9 a.m. Sept. 5 in the Adams County Courthouse. He is being held in the Adams County Jail on a no-bond hold.

Waide is being charged with four felony offenses: murder in the first degree, felony murder, sexual assault and tampering with physical evidence, which were filed June 20.

[...]

At the June 11 press conference, Jackson said Porter was most recently living in Pueblo and was reportedly in the process of moving to the Denver-metro area. She is a former Cotopaxi School student but graduated from Florence High School in 2013.

Porter reportedly spent the night of June 2 with her boyfriend at the Castle Inn in Castle Rock, and the establishment confirmed that Porter and her boyfriend checked out of the hotel June 3, Rene Jackson said.

[...]

Lea Porter

Jackson said the friend in Westminster told authorities that at about 11 p.m. June 3, Porter received a message on her cell phone and she left the apartment. He told police he saw Porter get into a white or light-colored truck.

[...]

The Denver Post reported that Porter's stepfather, Michael Jackson, who Porter's mother said lives in the Denver-metro area, "said Waide has admitted to stabbing and strangling Porter and then putting her body in a trash bag and then a garbage dumpster."

Updated information on the whereabouts of Porter's body was unavailable by press time Tuesday.

Cheri Spottke, public information officer for the Westminster Police Department, prior to Waide's advisement hearing June 16, confirmed to the Daily Record that Porter's brother and her boyfriend allegedly recorded Waide confessing to killing Porter, and that there are no other suspects or persons of interest in the case.

Investigation into the case is ongoing. Court documents, including the affidavit, remain sealed.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com...aring-set-christopher-waide-lea-porter-murder

Robynne, they called the cops right after they recorded it and he confessed everything again to the cops when they arrived. She is still missing. :(

Robynne, they called the cops right after they recorded it and he confessed everything again to the cops when they arrived. She is still missing. :(
Hi @ddee I c u r new. R u close to this case? If so, I'm very sorry for your loss.
ETA: And welcome!

Robynne, they called the cops right after they recorded it and he confessed everything again to the cops when they arrived. She is still missing. :([/QUO

Chris waide confessed to maxx and i
I was recording the whole thing with 911 in my pocket, and maxx with his phone...he told us in sick twisted detail what he did to my lover! I want to kill him! The I failed 911 again and handed the phone to Chris and he gave the same confession to her.

[QU I can't takeE="Forensicwx, post: 789387, member: 19188"]Hi @ddee I c u r new. R u close to this case? If so, I'm very sorry for your loss.
ETA: And welcome![/QUOTE]

she is still missing,

Does anyone else want to grab him by that billy goat-hair patch and drag him thru cactus country? And leave the cactus spines in him.
When I was about 8, the incubator moved us to Witchita to be with her dick du jour. We stopped at a motel in West Hell (Texas), my sister opened the screen door to our room, knocked me off into a cactus. It was extremely unpleasant; picking them out took days.

Mother of missing woman, Lea Porter, posts emotional message on Facebook
(...)
"Lea is still missing," Rene Jackson wrote. "They have been at the landfill now for 30 days, with very little success."
(...)
Her mother wrote about the search on Facebook, "I have first hand knowledge of the painstaking search, and the dedicated and wonderful people at the landfill who have been so carefully, and with their hearts on their sleeves, looking for our Lea."
(...)
"I just want my Lea back," (...) "I'm afraid when I think that maybe we'll never find her. I don't know how to live with that (...)"

Jackson also mentioned the man arrested in the case and his family. "I wonder how Christopher Waide's family feels about what their son did, as they were aware of the fantasies and thoughts he had. I wonder why, as they claim to be Christian folks, won't they go shake the truth out of their son" (...) "I don't understand any of this! A minute of pleasure or fantasy fulfillment for Christopher Waide took my daughter, and my sons sister away from us forever! SICK, SICK, SICK!"
(...)
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ea-porter-posts-emotional-message-on-facebook

Back