• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
mother was arrested late Thursday night and charged with aggravated manslaughter after police say she failed to get help for her 1-year-old baby boy who was severely burned in a bath and later died from his injuries.

Christina Hurt, 35, has been investigated by the Department of Children and Families in the past for child neglect, according to police.

A 911 call came in just after 11 a.m. Thursday, reporting that a 1-year-old boy was in cardiac respiratory arrest at a home in the 12000 block of Southwest 217th Street in Goulds, according to Miami-Dade Fire Rescue.

Miami-Dade police said at the time that they were handling the incident as a “death investigation.”

The defendant subsequently learned that while her 10-year-old daughter was attempting to bathe the victim, the defendant’s 4-year-old son made the bathwater extremely hot, causing the victim to sustain severe burns from his mid torso to the toes,” the officer wrote.

The reason she didn’t get medical help, she told police: She didn’t want to lose custody of her children.

Instead, she gave the baby — who threw up several times during the night — Tylenol and juice, according to the report.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article195507794.html

The reason she didn’t get medical help, she told police: She didn’t want to lose custody of her children.

Oh ... but if its an accident, whats to hide? Taking him would have made her a GOOD mother,

I don't understand some people!

reporting that a 1-year-old boy was in cardiac respiratory arrest

We say this, probably all of us at some point ... OMG, if (whatever happened) happened, I'd have a fucking heart attack. and then it happened to a 1 year old. If I was a judge I'd give her twenty years just for making me think about that. And the way I felt when I did ... like there was a stone sitting in my chest, Not quite heartburn ... WORSE!

Riiight. Blame the kids. A ten yr old would have pulled the baby out or stopped the hot water before the baby got that bad.
I bet that story crumbles.

I'm not buying it.
I'm 9 years older than my bro, too.
I have bathed him.
At 10 I made DAMN SURE the water wasn't too hot. I'd be willing to bet money this 10-year-old would, too.
Bitch is lying

Why is the 4 and 10 year olds giving the baby a bath?

Playing at being grown ups or mom is so neglectful that they thought they should because she wasn't.

Poor kiddos know their little baby died because of what they did. Not saying it's their fault. But they no doubt feel horrible.

How to know you are an unfit parent.

If your child or charge is in need of medical attention and you try to hide that,
liklihood is high you are unfit.

If an accident injures the child and you try to hide it,
see above.

If you try treating an injured child with OJ and tylenol,
you deserve to be sterilized.

_Side note: OJ never helped a kid.
Instead he killed his ex and her fwb..
Don't rely on juice!

Awwww he's so pretty, big bright eyes and a face full of icing, kill her with fire, it's what she deserves.

We say this, probably all of us at some point ... OMG, if (whatever happened) happened, I'd have a fucking heart attack. and then it happened to a 1 year old. If I was a judge I'd give her twenty years just for making me think about that. And the way I felt when I did ... like there was a stone sitting in my chest, Not quite heartburn ... WORSE!
Thank you! Never came up with the right words to describe that. I have given myself panic attacks placing my kids in those scenarios.

Fever for more than 18 hours? ...urgent care. Wet cough for more than 24 hours...urgent care. Sent home from urgent care with BS about the cough being from Acid reflux...new urgent care. Nearly sent home a second time until I begged them to take his oxygen saturation...2 week old baby spent a week in baby ICU getting oxygen while recovering from minor respatory infection.

Could not imagine sitting around debating if the severity of a child burned that bad was worth a trip to the er.

Last edited:
January 22nd 2018

A mother from South Florida is facing charges in the death of her one-year-old son. The baby boy died after getting a bath prepared by his older brothers with extremely hot water, according to Miami-Dade Police.

Authorities arrested 35-year-old Christina Marie Hurt on charges of aggravated manslaughter of a child under 16.

Police said the boy's 10-year-old brother was giving him a bath when the baby's four-year-old brother made the bath water too hot. According to investigators, the boy suffered severe burns from his mid-torso to his toes.

Miami-Dade Police said Hurt did not take her son to the hospital at the time of the incident. Instead, police say she took her injured baby to a friend's house after dropping her other children off at school.

Investigators said the friend noticed the baby being lethargic. Hurt, according to police, tried to give first aid to the baby when the child became unconscious.

Police said the baby was taken outside and put on a mattress in the front yard. Someone called 911 about the baby boy not breathing.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crews arrived and pronounced the baby dead at the scene.

After arresting Hurt, Miami-Dade Police said investigators learned she had temporarily lost custody of her children following an investigation by the Department of Children & Families for child neglect.
http://cbs12.com/news/local/mom-charged-after-baby-burned-in-hot-bath

I took my own baths at 10(and like most that age, I needed one quite often) I never made the water too hot. This bitch is lying.

April 11, 2018

Ten days after Ethan Coley’s birth, on Dec. 27, 2016, child welfare caseworkers made an unannounced visit to his mother’s Florida City home. In oddly unclinical language, one wrote that she “almost passed out” when she observed what was going on.

Christina Hurt’s newborn was being hauled around “as if it were a doll” by his 7-year-old sibling.

Another child was jumping on a toilet seat. Still another deliberately sprayed a chemical in a sibling’s eye.

Hurt, whose five older children had been removed for neglect two years earlier only to be returned by a judge around the time of Ethan’s birth, “shrugged it off as if nothing happened,” the caseworker wrote. “Mom does not have control over the kids’ behavior and [the 7-year-old] is clearly caring for the baby.”

Fast forward 60 days. The Department of Children & Families, amid a separate child abuse investigation, issued a report on the family that included this notation: “At this time, there are no concerns as to the children’s safety in the care of the mother.”

Eleven months later, Ethan was dead. He was grievously scalded in a bathtub accident. Ethan suffered as his mom, fearful of losing her children again, opted not to seek medical care for her toddler. Eventually, she dropped Ethan off with a friend, in whose arms the baby died.

Christina Hurt was charged with manslaughter, later upgraded to second-degree murder.

The short life and agonizing death of Ethan Coley is described in records released last week by Our Kids, DCF’s private foster care and adoption provider in Miami. Those records and others released previously by the state chronicle the family’s long and tangled child welfare history and raise questions about the judgment and oversight of the court system and DCF.

On July 13, 2014, Florida City police charged Hurt with failing to seek medical attention after her 3-year-old daughter suffered a cracked skull. Rather than consult a physician, Hurt covered a blood-oozing gash with a bow and dropped the youngster off at day care, where staff called police. Hurt would tell detectives she “did not take her child to the hospital, and admitted she should have.” The youngster said she injured her head when Hurt “pushed her off the bed.”

Child welfare authorities removed Hurt’s five children from her care as a result of that incident. Ethan was born on Dec. 17, 2016. Around that time, a Miami judge ordered that Hurt’s older children be returned in stages — over the objections of a child welfare worker who insisted that Hurt was not a fit mother, sources told the Miami Herald.

DCF has declined to discuss Ethan’s Jan. 18, 2018, death — other than to express its sorrow and indicate that a review is ongoing. The agency has cited the confidentiality of child abuse records.

“We are absolutely appalled by the alleged actions that led to the tragic loss of this child,” DCF Secretary Mike Carroll said. “My heart breaks for him as his last moments were spent in agony because of a failure to seek immediate medical attention. No child deserves to go through this. DCF is providing the child’s siblings a safe home and care as they grieve the loss of their brother.”

George Sheldon, a former DCF secretary who now oversees Our Kids, said records make clear that “this mom was unequipped to deal with some of the issues in her family.”

“As a result,” he added, “what happened in this case happened.”

A lawsuit filed by the Miami Herald seeking access to recordings of court hearings involving Hurt’s children — tapes that the court system has routinely released until now — also remains unresolved as a lawyer for the surviving children has appealed a Miami-Dade Circuit Court judge’s order to release them.

The four-page timeline of Ethan Coley’s short life released last week by Our Kids, together with heavily redacted DCF records released earlier, offer some insight.

On the day Ethan was born, weighing five pounds and eight ounces, he was one of two of Hurt’s children in a hospital. Some time that day, one of Ethan’s siblings reportedly smacked another sibling — after the child urinated on the floor — and the kids’ foster parent took the child to North Shore Hospital for evaluation.

Ten days later came the visit that so disturbed the caseworker. Notes from the visit depict the children running wild in a “chaotic” house, and a mother uninterested in supervising them, and unconcerned when they got hurt as a consequence.

“The oldest of the children … came rushing out of the bedroom carrying the baby,” the timeline quotes a report as saying. “[Redacted] and myself almost passed out, because the little [redacted] was carrying the baby unsafely, as if it was a doll.”

Hurt stood by in a hallway, the report said, and declared in a calm voice that it was the youngster who cared for the newborn. “You all see whose baby it is!” she said.

The caseworker was able to check two children for signs of abuse or neglect. Two others, she wrote, “literally ran from me, wet me with a water gun and [climbed] on the roof of a Saab car that was parked in the yard.”

Even as Our Kids caseworkers were visiting Hurt and her children, DCF was completing an investigation into a report that Ethan had a “deep scratch” on his nose. That report was ruled unfounded. But records from the investigation don’t appear to include any mention of what Our Kids caseworkers were seeing during the same time period.

Sheldon, the Our Kids chief, said he cannot explain why DCF and its private foster care agency failed to communicate with each other about the family. “I find it difficult to understand why that would be the case,” he said.

It’s unclear how often caseworkers were visiting Hurt as her children were being returned to her custody. The Our Kids timeline includes a notation from a home visit on Jan. 23, 2017, but the timeline is blank for nearly three months until April 13 of that year. The note says that the plan to reunify all of Hurt’s kids was “stopped” because, during an unannounced visit by a behavior analyst, Hurt “almost hit” one of her children.

The timeline noted a “major concern” that Hurt “has not gained insight” into her parenting obligations despite being under DCF supervision for about three years. The notation conceded that DCF and Our Kids were having difficulty helping the family, as caseworker turnover had led to long delays and services for the family had “taken forever to get started.”

The following June, DCF received another report. The Our Kids timeline says the hotline was told one of the children took medication that belonged to a sibling. The timeline also says one of the youngsters was bitten or scratched by a family dog named “Tank,” noting that one of the kids was “aggravating the dog.” DCF’s report on the incident is almost totally redacted. The timeline says DCF had insufficient evidence to sustain an allegation of improper supervision.

“There are no concerns as to the safety of the children,” the timeline quotes notations as saying.

The final notation was dated Jan. 17 of this year. The note said a hearing was held on the question of whether Hurt was ready to be released from further oversight. “The mother was under the impression her case would be closed,” the timeline said, “but the mother had not completed all of the recommended case plan tasks.”

Her journey though the child welfare system was extended six months.

Ethan died the next day.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article208558109.html
baby1

At what point do you realize that the kids are out of control and being neglected, and mom really just doesn’t give a shit?

Could she have screamed it any louder?

It sounds like at least one DCF worker advised against reunification, but the judge returned them anyway because “parents’ rights” mean kids are possessions.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for a Florida woman accused of killing her toddler son in a burning-hot bath.

Christina Hurt, of Homestead, appeared in court on Friday to plead not guilty to charges of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse in the January death of her son, Ethan Cooley, one.

Hurt is accused of refusing to take Ethan to hospital after he was burned from a scalding-hot bath.

According to an arrest report, Hurt did not seek medical attention and instead chose to call friend asking 'about remedies on treating burn injuries,' reported the Miami Herald.

Hurt claimed that her 10-year-old daughter was responsible for putting Ethan in the bath which caused his skin to peel.

Friends allegedly urged Hurt to call 911, but she refused out of fear Ethan would be taken by child welfare services.

Police say Ethan spent the night throwing up and was 'lethargic' as Hurt drove her other kids to school, bypassing Homestead Hospital on the way.

She then took Hurt to a friend's home the next day for help, according to police, but he became 'became unresponsive;' after he was placed on a mattress in the front yard, reported WPLG.

Hurt had a long history of child abuse and was well acquainted with Florida's Department of Children and Families.

In July 2014, she dropped her then three-year-old daughter off at daycare with a bleeding gash on her head that she covered with a bow.

The little girl claimed her mother pushed her off the bed after she wet the sheets and daycare workers called police.

It was later revealed that the girl had suffered a cracked skull. Police charged Hurt with child neglect for failing to seek medical attention for the child.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Florida-mom-son-1-died-scalding-hot-bath.html

This whore needs to be put down. Fuck her. The kid was put on a mattress in the front yard?!?! What the fuck kind of shit is that. Kill your self bitch ——->NOW<——

"She then took Hurt to a friend's home the next day for help, according to police, but he became 'became unresponsive;' after he was placed on a mattress in the front yard, reported WPLG."

The friend had too much dope and paraphernalia lying about in the house.

This whore needs to be put down. Fuck her. The kid was put on a mattress in the front yard?!?! What the fuck kind of shit is that. Kill your self bitch ——->NOW<——
Actually, the mattress isn't the problem. Everything else up to that point is the problem. She took the severely injured baby to a friend, who put the baby on a mattress in the yard and called 911. I think that person didn't want to disturb the poor baby any more because he'd been hauled around so much already.
I wonder if her pack of hopeless spawn can be trained and become useful people? By useful I mean not a drain on society, just someone with a job.

Actually, the mattress isn't the problem. Everything else up to that point is the problem. She took the severely injured baby to a friend, who put the baby on a mattress in the yard and called 911. I think that person didn't want to disturb the poor baby any more because he'd been hauled around so much already.
I wonder if her pack of hopeless spawn can be trained and become useful people? By useful I mean not a drain on society, just someone with a job.
I know the mattress wasn’t the problem, just stuck in my head that the child was done that way all in all.

Friends allegedly urged Hurt to call 911, but she refused out of fear Ethan would be taken by child welfare services.
Why didn't any of those "friends" call 911? I don't care who you are. If you call me asking how to treat a severely injured child and you refuse to call 911, I'll do it for you. Fuck them all.

Back