• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
Mom tried to help Christopher Lavis with his meth problem

October must be "kill your mom" month.

iduddy.jpg

A man being sought in the stabbing death of his mother in Santa Rosa was arrested after he was found refusing to pay for a meal at a San Francisco restaurant, police said today.

Christopher Anthony Lavis, 41, was detained at a restaurant on the 100 block of Jefferson Street on Friday afternoon after he refused to pay, said Santa Rosa police Sgt. Lisa Banayat.

San Francisco police arrived, confirmed Lavis' identity and arrested him on a warrant in the slaying of his mother, Constance Elizabeth LaSalle. Santa Rosa police took custody of Lavis and booked him at Sonoma County Jail.

LaSalle, 63, was found dead in her apartment on the 300 block of Stony Point Road at about 9 p.m. Sept. 27. She had been stabbed numerous times.

Neighbors told police that LaSalle lived alone. There were no signs of forced entry into the apartment, police said.

LaSalle retired in 2005 from her job at Exchange Bank in Santa Rosa. She allowed her son - her only child - to stay with her at her home as he battled a methamphetamine addiction, her half-sister, Carol Mark of Oakland, said today.

But things soured when LaSalle found syringes in her home, Mark said.

"I believe him to be very, very sick," Mark said. "She was a very dedicted woman and she really tried to take care of her son."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/11/BAD113FHL3.DTL&tsp=1

~

So the shithead drug addict thought he would repay his mind for her kindness by killing her. I can't even imagine her only child and dying by his hands.....may she be at peace! Damn, haven't there been quite a few killing there mom's this month. May he rot in prison, makes no sense drug addict or not!

*F* bastard. What a way to thank you hard working mother. To be killed by her only child...no daughter inlaw, no grandbabies no thank you mom on mother's day...just *F* dead.
YOU SUCK you sick prick!

Oh my god, just sickening. Drugs like that are pure evil and that man sure is. He doesn't even look that upset. :argh:

bilde

The man who arrived at Santa Rosa's PetCare veterinary clinic the night of Sept. 21 was in an obvious hurry.

He thrust a carrier with a cat inside it across the counter to a receptionist and told her the animal was sick. After signing his name to authorize treatment and providing an address on Stony Point Road, he started for the door, saying he'd be back in five minutes.

"The doctor will be right out. Can't you wait?" the receptionist asked.

He said he could not and drove off as she watched from the parking lot.

Pet abandonment is not unheard of. What makes this instance unusual is that the man, 41-year-old Chris Lavis, is being sought by Santa Rosa police in the stabbing death of his mother, whose cat he brought to the clinic.

The animal was dropped off six days before the body of 63-year-old Connie LaSalle, a retired Exchange Bank employee, was discovered Sept. 27 in her Stony Point Road condo -- the address Lavis listed on the veterinary clinic form.

Police have not said when she was killed, but friends have said they began unsuccessfully trying to reach LaSalle on Sept. 14.

Police say they don't know why someone allegedly would kill his mother but be concerned about a cat.

"We won't know the answer . . . until we get an explanation from the person involved," police Sgt. Lisa Banayat said. "I have no idea why he would drop the cat off in that fashion."

Roger Bradley, a veterinarian and co-owner of PetCare, said he's had cases in the past where people accused of serious crimes seek care for their pets.

"They can be very disturbed and angry with a loved one but still like their pets," he said. "Their pets can be their only sort of compassion for them because they're not judgmental."

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...1/NEWS08?Title=Murder_suspect_dropped_cat_off

It's great that he was concerned for the well being of the cat. It's a real shame that he wasn't as concerned with the well being of his mother. Crazy prick!

Update

Arrested while skipping out on a check at Fisherman's wharf

SAN FRANCISCO—Police say a man suspected of fatally stabbing his mother last month is under arrest after trying to leave a Fisherman's Wharf restaurant without paying.
Santa Rosa police had been looking for 41-year-old Christopher Lavis since his mother's stabbing death last month.
http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_10705367

Charged
Christopher Anthony Lavis, 41, made his first appearance in Sonoma County court since his arrest in San Francisco last week.

He was formally charged with murder and murder with the infliction of torture, a special circumstance charge that could trigger a death sentence. Prosecutors didn't say whether they will pursue the death penalty.

Lavis is accused of killing his mother, Connie LaSalle, 63, last month in her Stony Point Road condominium. Her body was found wrapped in blankets on Sept. 27, two weeks after friends and neighbors began to worry because they couldn't reach her by phone and hadn't seen her around the complex.

Police said she'd been stabbed multiple times.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...arged_with_torture_in_mother_s_fatal_stabbing

Delays plea
A man charged with torturing and fatally stabbing his mother in September delayed entering a plea Wednesday to the potential death-penalty charges.
Lavis is accused of killing his mother, Connie LaSalle, 63, last month in her Stony Point Road condominium. Prosecutors say he fatally stabbed her with kitchen shears and what was described as a "Roman knife."

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...age?Title=Man_delays_plea_in_mother_s_killing

Mother was kicking him out of the house
Connie LaSalle finally had it with her only child.
The retired Exchange Bank employee, who'd been supporting Chris Lavis in his up-and-down battles with drug addiction for years, recently informed him he no longer was welcome at her Stony Point Road condominium.

"He was draining her of all her money. She couldn't keep paying his rent," said Carol Mark of Oakland, LaSalle's half-sister.

bilde
Connie LaSalle
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20081008/NEWS/810080318/0/SPORTS10

I knew him. He was my friend. There is so much more to this than a guy on drugs killing his innocent mom. What he did was a crime and awful, but there is a deeper reason to what happened. Not an excuse, but a reason. Don't judge. You never know the depths of ones pain.

From 2009:
Man gets life in prison for killing of his mother

SANTA ROSA, CALIF. — A Santa Rosa man is facing the rest life behind bars after being sentenced in the fatal stabbing of his mother.

Christopher Lavis was sentenced to life in prison Monday after pleading guilty in October to first-degree murder and two weapon enhancements in the Sept. 27, 2008, slaying of his mother, Constance LaSalle.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2009/dec/01/man-gets-life-prison-killing-his-mother/

I knew him. He was my friend. There is so much more to this than a guy on drugs killing his innocent mom. What he did was a crime and awful, but there is a deeper reason to what happened. Not an excuse, but a reason. Don't judge. You never know the depths of ones pain.

Uh huh, pain aside, he always had another option: not stabbing his mother to death with kitchen shears and butcher knife.
:popcorn:mad:CBern , are you wandering the web, googling your friend, reviving old forgotten threads and bringing them to back to life? Congratulations! I found more details on his mother's horrible death. Lawyers discussed, was it a sign of sadistic torture, or incompetent stabbing. Oh, and he stabbed her in the back a lot.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/2256941-181/murder-suspect-to-also-face?ref=related

"Prosecutor Traci Carrillo argued that Lavis' controlled use of force to inflict a large number of wounds less than an inch deep showed he intended to cause his mother to suffer.

Lavis' attorney, Amy Chapman, argued that a torture charge requires the intentional infliction of extreme pain for the calculated purpose of revenge, persuasion or other sadistic reason.

Not being very good at killing isn't the same as purposely inflicting pain, she said."

"After his mother?s death, Lavis left her body on the living room floor, under a blanket, for the next 10 days. He told police he had pizza delivered three times while he stayed there."

:popcorn:

Unless she was trying to kill him and he killed her in self defense, then there's nothing you can say that will make me feel better about him stabbing his mother to death.

My thinking is she told him to get out and sonny boy didn't want to, so he killed her. Must have made him feel better even tho it didn't solve any of his problems at all.

Care to explain more to us?

My thinking is she told him to get out and sonny boy didn't want to, so he killed her.

I think he lied to her and she didn't believe him and he got mad about it because people

are fucked and desperate people on drugs are even worse than that.

She had 45 stabbing and slicing wounds, the county's forensic pathologist testified Friday afternoon, 15 to 20 of which were potentially fatal. Seven of 13 wounds to her upper back penetrated into her heart and lungs and could have killed her, Dr. Kelly Arthur testified.

Naturally, I feel awful for the woman... She did everything for her son, as she wanted to help him get better. Then obviously she realized that he needed to hit the rock bottom that she was actually preventing him from hitting so that he'd actually be able to recover from addiction (if he wanted to).

I don't think he initially intended to kill his mother. I think he flipped out on her in the middle of an argument. In a link within the above provided link, that's what he says in a nutshell, but still accepts responsibility (& sounds/seems remorseful-- imo, as much as one can seem in an article- he could still be a complete sociopath, how do i I know?) for what he did. Evidently there's SOME iota of empathy within him, as he hurriedly took the one cat, which was diabetic, to the vet to be eventually rehomed (I HOPE), & left the back door open for the indoor/outdoor cat to come and go.

Sadly, I think this man was a recovering addict who was trying but hadn't fully kicked the habit, and he had a good mother who just couldn't handle the years of the bullshit anymore, and tempers rose, and the person with the inability to keep his shit together like a big boy screwed up BIG TIME. I get the feeling he wasn't an awful human being, but he did an awful thing, so he needs to pay his debt to society for it. Just the way it goes.

We love the truth. It sets us free.

Back