• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Updated 19 mins ago
LOWER MORELAND, Pa. (WPVI) --
Action News has confirmed through family friends, neighbors, and records the identities of the couple found dead inside their Lower Moreland, Montgomery County home.

They are identified as Chris and Nicole Peppelman, husband and wife.

It was around 12:50 p.m. Tuesday when Lower Moreland Police were called out to a home on the 1100 block of Country Lane.

The Montgomery County District Attorney's Office says the couple's young son found the bodies inside the home; both had been mutilated with a chainsaw.

There are only a few houses on the road where it happened.

Action News spoke with Eric Shallcross, a family friend of the couple who own the 3700 square foot home.

Action News has confirmed 48-year-old Chris is the owner of a Huntingdon Valley-based excavating company.

Shallcross says he went to high school with Nicole, 43.
http://6abc.com/news/friends-neighbors-id-montco-couple-mutilated-by-chainsaw/595211/

Investigators say the 48-year-old husband and his 43-year-old wife had suffered severe cuts, which appear to have been inflicted by a chainsaw.

"The death of the female seems to be an apparent homicide. However, the investigation is continuing,"

[..]

But Action News is told police had responded to the home in the past for domestic issues.

Longtime neighbor Glenn Nathan and family friends say the couple's marriage was in trouble, and that the wife had moved out, along with the couple's three sons.
http://6abc.com/news/friends-neighbors-id-montco-couple-mutilated-by-chainsaw/595211/

If it's a murder-suicide, that's one heck of a way to kill yourself :eek:

If it's a murder-suicide, that's one heck of a way to kill yourself
My local news alluded to a murder-suicide this morning. They said that one was a homicide and the other death was being "investigated" still. I heard that and had the same reaction as you... WTF.

Who the hell commits suicide with a fuckin' chainsaw? I mean HOW? Those things are sorta unwieldy. Maybe he cut his legs off and bled out?

Not as uncommon as I thought. A search revealed quite a few cases as well as forensic papers on the subject of distinguishing between an accidental and an intentional chainsaw death.

Not as uncommon as I thought. A search revealed quite a few cases as well as forensic papers on the subject of distinguishing between an accidental and an intentional chainsaw death.

I'll have to read up on those before the next time the Mr. goes to cut wood, 'cuz ya know it was an accident officah...

Where I live quite a few people heat their homes with wood and I personally know a few that have injured themselves. It's gross shit what a chainsaw can do to flesh. It's hard to wrap my mind around someone intentionally killing someone else or themselves that way.

Sounds like a few people might end up taking some heat from this. She's been trying to divorce him for the last four years, it's been through 4 judges already. They just kept circle jerking her around even though he was physically abusive to her and the children.

A comment from the original news article.
robindrugstores UA201514 hours ago

They were divorced. The judge ruled for shared custody of the children despite the mother's plea and testimony that he was violent. But money talks in Montgomery County and domestic violence victims have less protection than Bald Eagles.

She called the Lower Moreland Police numerous times after he attacked her. He beat the sh#t out of his kids too (broken arms, head injuries) and had mental health issues. Police told her she needed to work out her "differences" with her ex-husband and did NOTHING.

How many more mothers need to die in Montgomery County from domestic violence? This man was a ticking time bomb but was *well-connected* and paid his way through the court system.
Her blood is on the hands of the police and Montgomery County Domestic Relations, may God have mercy on your souls.
RIP Nicole. You deserved to feel safe and be protected from this monster.

There's a few comments at that article from people who seem to know her/them. All the judges names are posted along with the divorce docket number.

Terance Healy2 hours ago

Montgomery County Family Court STRIKES AGAIN.

In four years, their divorce had been before
Judge Daniele,
Judge Barrett,
Judge Bertin,
Judge Weilheimer

Docket #2010-15365

PA Courtwatch16 hours ago

This was a five year long divorce.. in the notorious Montgomery County corrupt courts - and they had the same judge - Bertin - as Bradley Stone who killed six people in his wifes family. These corrupt family courts are the cause of this. They prolong divorces so that lawyers can charge hourly fees - and the judges owe the lawyers for their campaign contributions.. that's how it goes.. collusion between judges and lawyers to pad their pockets. They also had Judge Weilheimer and Danielle - two notoriously biased and corrupt judges.

Welcome to the sneak peek at Pennsylvania's dirty little secret.

We still have an overwhelming culture of the "good ole boys club". It's not just in the Philadelphia area but throughout the state.

Please don't think that I'm saying that all the judges and other officials are like this but do know that there are more of them than there should be.

We waffle between judges that hand out PFA's at a females every whim to ones that blatantly ask (in court) what she did wrong to make him that mad. For myself personally the judge told me that domestic violence did not exist, the problem was that women didn't know their place and our men had to continue to "put us in our place". He's still a judge today.

It's vile and disgusting and screams at how ass backwards my stupid state can be.

If that shit is in the transcripts HOW is he still on the bench???
He said it after the hearing, after he found my ex husband "not guilty". The trooper who pressed the charges looked like he had been kicked in the crotch when he heard it.

It happened about 12 or 13 years ago now and sadly it's how many of the judges in my area think and talk. We do have our President Judge and SHE takes DV cases seriously but the boys club hates her with a passion. She is making a difference but sadly she can't hear all the DV cases so too many victims get to hear what I did and what the woman in this case did.

If that shit is in the transcripts HOW is he still on the bench???

You wouldn't believe how powerfully these judges are networked in and protected. We still have a sitting criminal court judge here who myself, along with one of the ADA's who had the case we were involved in turned in anonymously for being so drunk after his "three (pitcher) martini lunch" during an inmate's trial he kept falling asleep on the bench. He's been turned in along with several of his judiciary peers multiple times and they're still doing business as usual ruling on people's very lives/freedom every single work day of the week. :(

Last edited:
You wouldn't believe how powerfully these judges are networked in and protected
We have one who should have gotten a DUI for a crash in a grocery store parking lot in broad daylight. Instead he's up for re-election.

It's disgusting but it's how it is around here and probably numerous other places too.

It's gross shit what a chainsaw can do to flesh.

This is yet another tool I'm forbidden from using. I failed at using a weedeater by whacking my own legs, so yeah, I'm sure a chainsaw would be a very bad idea for me.

LOWER MORELAND, Pa. (WPVI) -- There are still no answers in the gruesome deaths of a Montgomery County couple, who were killed by a chainsaw.

The bodies of 43-year-old Nicole and 48-year-old Chris Peppleman were found by their 14-year-old son Tuesday afternoon inside their Lower Moreland Township home.

He called police who later indicated that they both died from injuries inflicted by a chainsaw.

At this point, investigators say at least one of them was murdered.

Montgomery County Assistant District Attorney Kevin Steele says, "The death of the female seems to be an apparent homicide. However, the investigation is continuing. This is preliminary at this point. We have work to do yet."

That leaves open the possibility of murder-suicide, but investigators won't make a final ruling until they see the autopsy results later today.

The Pepplemans were well known in the community and had three sons. They had been separated and Nicole and the boys had been living with her parents.

Their oldest made the gruesome discovery yesterday.

The other two boys are 3rd and 6th graders at the Bryn Athyn Church School. The family was active in the church congregation.

Ok, I am not sure the 14yr old did it. Seems a little young for murdering your parents with a chainsaw.

Can you just imagine the mess that 14 year old saw when he found them? I hope he recovers from seeing that, but I fear he never will. There's only so much a young mind can handle, what with all the violence his father had already done to them and now this. I am so sorry for this young man. I really hope the boys have fantastic grandparents, they're all going to need some heavy duty therapy.

The wtf is me imagining a chainsaw falling on my head...of all the ways I do not want to die, this is second only to being captured by ISIL...or being eaten by a gator.
Pictures? EEEEEWWWWWW. NononononoNOOOOOO.

I have an irrational fear of running chainsaws. I can hear one a block away and it sends chills up my spine. I can not imagine the sheer terror she must have felt in the seconds it took for him to go after her.

RIP Nicole.

Chris - Smolder in hell for all eternity, you cowardice prick.

Nicole Peppelman, 43, had also been choked and stabbed, Coroner Walter Hofman said Wednesday. Christopher Peppelman, 48, killed himself, according to autopsy results
Hofman cited "gaping sharp force injuries" to the stomach as a cause of death for both victims, though he wouldn't say if the injuries came from the chainsaw. Christopher Peppelman had a similar wound to his right thigh.

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/news&id=298303491

ETA: Crime scene info on link

Last edited:
though he wouldn't say if the injuries came from the chainsaw. Christopher Peppelman had a similar wound to his right thigh.

Why do they even bother to print and repeat that bullshit, everybody knows what he did and how he did it and what he did it with, the chickenshit peice of crap couldn't take the reality that his wife and kids didn't like being beat by him so he made them pay, such a big man he is.

Truth be told, probably everybody that knew this POS more than likely knew he was capable of this but kept turning their heads and ignoring him thinking he could control himself, or that he was just beating on them and would never escalate to actually hurtingthem or hoping that he wouldn't pop his cork while they around.

When will the powers that be ever learn to take violent assholes like this seriously.

@cubby, that's what I was thinking, a strangely sanitized version of what we already know. Midwestern ethos on the part of the editor?

Latest posts

Back