• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
Story courtesy of @Keepalowprofile :

:wtf:

A woman who recognized a delivery car from service to her home and office saw people exit the car, pick up a dead deer, and put it in the car. She called police when they drove around to the delivery door of the China Fun restaurant. . .http://www.gastongazette.com/article/20160120/NEWS/160129971
[doublepost=1454591510,1454591166][/doublepost]Wrong Forum. I think this most definitely constitutes a crime. Reported. :)

Well...at least it wasn't someones pet.

On DD my mind really leaps to the worst conclusions, so a deer doesn't sound too bad.

This makes my head spin.

If it was fresh, meaning they actually saw it get hit, then I see nothing wrong with someone using the meat for their own family. It should never have been brought to the resturaunt.
Also, most states will allow you to pick up a deer off the road as long as you call LE and get the okay.

All that being said, I picked up the doe I hit and she was so tender and tasty.

This makes my head spin.

If it was fresh, meaning they actually saw it get hit, then I see nothing wrong with someone using the meat for their own family. It should never have been brought to the resturaunt.
Also, most states will allow you to pick up a deer off the road as long as you call LE and get the okay.

We do out here. We hunt. If it accidentally happenes. Hell people hit hogs all the damn time!

The ancient Chinese secret is no longer a mystery :D
.... it's not like we didn't know Fluffy and Spot weren't the main ingredient in Pork flied lice for centuries :hungry:

I prefer Japanese Cuisine any day <3

I'll be happy with chicken chow meow anytime over creamofsumyoungguy!!!! So quit bein so picky everyone and dig in!
[doublepost=1454599678,1454599409][/doublepost]My brother runs a Chinese food restaurant. He jokes with me about the ingredients used. Then I read articles like this that have me second guessing if it's really a joke! Eggroll man, the cook that likes me, makes me fresh Mongolian beef every time I go in. I don't think it's anything other than cow. Lol let's hope not. Either way though. It is quite delicious!

There's a restaurant here called Lucky's... check out their menu. Personally, I'd think it'd be funny to have a Chinese restaurant & call it Chow Chow's & have a Doggie Bag Special as an entree. (I love Chow Chows, btw. Precious doggies!!)

My dad once had a seafood restaurant but people didn't appreciate his humor when he had the sign say, "Had crabs lately?" This was back in the 80's so it was especially frowned upon. He didn't have his restaurant for long.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of Chinese restaurants with the word CHOW in it? AND! Many of them have those "Lucky Cats" statues or pictures somewhere in the place?! :nailbiting: Have they been trying to tell us something??

11v7e40.jpg

k12joz.jpg

This makes my head spin.

Yes, yes, yes. The crime here was selling that venison in a restaurant. Using the meat for home consumption, well that's just frugal AND fresher than supermarket beef.

Hunny and his buddy used to pick up road kill venison fairly regularly commuting through the Pine Barrens. Road kill is a winter weather food, but not because the temperature helps preserve the meat. The winter weather helps one determine the freshness of the kill: if it's cold it's old.

We have a Kitty's Chop Suey here. My boyfriend refuses to go, he's a pussy

It's illegal for a restaurant to do that, but I've had my share of road kill venison. YUM. And I've brought roadkill cottontails home for the cats. I worked at a facility out in the country on 200 acres. It was a long drive to the building and employees ran over bunnies in spring and summer when they were breeding like - well - rabbits! We had lots of hawks, owls, bobcats coyotes and foxes too. Once there was a mummified baby seal on the road! A coyote had drug an old carcass up the cliff. I brought that home too. Freaked some people out. Good times!
That is why a person should always have a few garbage bags in car or truck.
Speaking of road finds... I've found some nice beach towels along the road too.

Best roadside find for me was a really nice fat little bong and a whiskey glass on a crazy single lane sidewalk-less road through super dense forest. Mysterious..

There's a restaurant here called Lucky's... check out their menu. Personally, I'd think it'd be funny to have a Chinese restaurant & call it Chow Chow's & have a Doggie Bag Special as an entree. (I love Chow Chows, btw. Precious doggies!!)

My dad once had a seafood restaurant but people didn't appreciate his humor when he had the sign say, "Had crabs lately?" This was back in the 80's so it was especially frowned upon. He didn't have his restaurant for long.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of Chinese restaurants with the word CHOW in it? AND! Many of them have those "Lucky Cats" statues or pictures somewhere in the place?! :nailbiting: Have they been trying to tell us something??

11v7e40.jpg

k12joz.jpg
We have one called HO Wok.

I'm probably the only one I know whose made 16-24qt. stock pots of venison chili for the ex to take to the dept. when they have winter pot lucks down in the breakroom in central booking for years. He hunts it, I cook it, it's always 'gone in 60 seconds' and I've never tasted it (can't do gamey anything, even Greek has to be beef, not lamb :yuck: ). I used to have him be my taste tester, but after learning how to prepare venison (marinate and smoke roasts, fry tenderloins and add fat to burger, etc.), I'm told I'm pretty darn good at fixing big, ol' Bambis and Bambettes I've never tasted, lol.

No prob. with fresh roadkill if you hit it/saw it get hit (as long as the males didn't release that nasty fear/stress hormone and taint the meat), but I'm still not convinced China Fun's was fresh. :hungry:? :dead:

If it tasted fine and no one got sick, i don't see the big deal at all. I'd still eat at the restuaarant, provided the food was tasty and econoically priced and backed by solid service.

A roadkill deer is less offensive then the trash fast food makes their meat out of.

I know an old Asian lady with a puppy mill...Its in the basement of a laundromat. She is always really busy around the Chinese New Year. People show up and take the puppies away in a box...no leashes or anything...you know they're not pets.

*** Ever since I seen rats being processed into chicken wings on the internet....nope! I tried, but I just can't.

Last edited:
If it tasted fine and no one got sick, i don't see the big deal at all. I'd still eat at the restuaarant, provided the food was tasty and econoically priced and backed by solid service.

A roadkill deer is less offensive then the trash fast food makes their meat out of.
I had a deal with a friend that lived in Juareź Mexico I would try it and if he thought I would find it offensive - he would just tell me to enjoy it. That is some of the best true Mexican food I have ever eaten! I got to eat with his family & at his mom's resturaunt. I know it included some dogs, cows, pigs, goats, chickens- damn good eating! I loved his mom's whole in the wall resturaunt ♡♡♡

I had a deal with a friend that lived in Juareź Mexico I would try it and if he thought I would find it offensive - he would just tell me to enjoy it. That is some of the best true Mexican food I have ever eaten! I got to eat with his family & at his mom's resturaunt. I know it included some dogs, cows, pigs, goats, chickens- damn good eating! I loved his mom's whole in the wall resturaunt ♡♡♡

Have you been to Street Taco Shack in Canton? Their barbacoa is outstandingly superb.

I hear you, but I want to see what I'm eating clearly listed on the menu and/or be told the truth when I ask. I don't do "Chef's Surprise" on the Thursday specials menu.
[doublepost=1454714133,1454713587][/doublepost]
Gamey? That's flavor. Beef doesn't taste like anything to me--very bland. Venison is delicious.

I've heard that from a LOT of people. The ex is a pretty dead on kill shot bow and rifle hunter and I'm ready to take any shit anyone wants to give me over this, but he'll fill his tags then fill friend's tags if they aren't good shots or they tend to just injure the deer or turkey and not kill them. He used to brood for a week if he didn't drop an animal where it stood and had to go track them knowing they were dying in pain. That's the only reason I was O.K. with marrying a devout hunter. He'll keep at 10 pt. or better rack, but otherwise, he's not a trophy hunter. He takes food and supplementing other people's meat stocks seriously.

I'm always on the look out for his second wife. If you're ever single and in K.C... lol. ;)

Back