• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
i5rinl.jpg
Police are hunting Andrew Darling after he escaped from Corella Place correctional facility in the early hours of this morning
A manhunt is underway after a child rapist took off his tracking device and escaped from a correctional facility yesterday
[...]
Andrew Darling was last seen at the Corella Place facility in Ararat, Victoria shortly after 2.30am before he left the facility
[...]
nicknamed the 'Village of the Damned' - is a village-style complex which houses child sex offenders and rapists who have finished serving their prison sentences but are considered unacceptable risks to the community.
[...]
searched the facility and found the man's tracking device, but not the man.

Darling served nine years in prison for raping a 13-year-old girl in 2000.

He assaulted the girl in her bed after breaking into her family’s home to commit a burglary.
[...]
was released from Port Phillip Prison in May 2009 but went missing from his Ararat home the day after he was released, breaking his parole and prompting a police search.

The 42-year-old is described as caucasian, about 176cm, with a medium build, blue eyes, fair, close-cropped hair
[...]
Both his ears are pierced with tattoos on his right lower leg, back and arms.

Police say it’s unclear what he was last wearing, but he is known to wear camouflage clothing.

He is known to frequent licensed venues.
[...]
urged not to approach him and to phone 000 immediately.

Corella Place is a village-style complex situated next to Ararat prison that houses offenders who have served their sentences but cannot be released into the community because they are deemed to be an unacceptable risk of reoffending.

The facility is not surrounded by walls but the offenders are monitored with GPS ankle bracelets and cannot leave without permission. They also must undertake counselling and other treatment, failure to comply with these conditions can lead to a five-year jail sentence.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pist-escaped-Ararat-prison.html#ixzz36jTc2VPQ

I so hope they find him before he hurts another child. Better yet, I hope the dad of the first 13-year-old finds him....

Wtf? They get an entire village to roam around? They don't deserve shit!!!
Wouldn't bother me if they put it in the middle of the Great Basin here in the US, reached by air only. You will not walk out. An island would be fine as well. Anyone who comes here knows they can never be trusted again. Sure we vent our basest impulses here, but seriously, the death penalty isn't going to happen, and would just make juries less likely to convict. So what do we do, why not let them stew with their own kind, it's not as heinous as solitary, and after their sentence expires, then what? I'm open to hearing anyone's idea about this Clockwork Orange dilemma: What do we do with Alex?

So I looked at the place in the article. Appears to be some barracks style buildings, each made into 4 one room cabins. Not a village in any sense. They could make their little allotments nicer if they chose to. There's relative freedom, a sense of property that must certainly beat a cell. Certainly not a village in the sense of a small town, with streets and shops and entertainments. Stark, like an internment camp, but without all the razor wire.

Maybe someone cut off his ankle monitor, and killed him elsewhere. Can't locate the body if the tracker isn't on, and no evidence to suggest that he was murdered. Everyone thinks he took off.
Perfect crime.

Just googled the satellite image. Totally wrong location, good grief, a town right there, and the intersection of N/S, E/W highways. This should be out in the bush somewhere. I's not like Australia has any shortage of hostile climate.

Maybe someone cut off his ankle monitor, and killed him elsewhere. Can't locate the body if the tracker isn't on, and no evidence to suggest that he was murdered. Everyone thinks he took off.
Perfect crime.

My money says Robynne killed him, with a candlestick, in the library, because she hates pedos

I like the "idea" behind this, not necessarily how they implement it though. His sentence is done, they don't just give him his street clothes back and say goodbye, instead they deem an offender unfit to return to society. So he is still monitored and still kept out of the free world. Obviously not monitored well enuf.

Back