• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
a26e81.jpg
Quentin Maulsby is in serious condition, with blood on his brain and two broken ribs at an East Coast hospital. It’s all due to abuse at the hand of his 24-year-old babysitter, Cherie Marie Landowski, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office reported.
[...]

Christina Maulsby said that she only works part time, and for three weeks has been dropping Quentin, her first child, off with Landowski on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Landowski was referred to her through her church, Maulsby said.

Maulsby said she interviewed Landowski, who claimed to be a “strong Christian woman” who couldn’t have children of her own.

“I interviewed her. I spent three hours with her on a separate day to watch her interact with another boy,” Maulsby said.

Landowski was always very calm, Maulsby said. But earlier this week, she said she started getting a feeling that “something wasn’t great.

Mother’s intuition, she suspects.

Around noon on Thursday, Maulsby said she got a call from Landowski saying that Quentin was throwing up. Maulsby immediately rushed to her son’s aid.

“She was holding him. I immediately took him and he had this huge mark on his head,” Maulsby said. “She said, ‘Oh, it was a toy.’ Really calm, like nothing happened, nothing was wrong.
[...]

She told them that another child she watched threw a plastic block at Quentin, which hit him in the head. Investigators told her that she was lying, reports said.
[...]

“She told the police department that she hit him because he wouldn’t eat his bottle and she was mad,” Maulsby said.

As of Friday afternoon, Maulsby said she and her husband, Grant, were still awaiting test results. Quentin’s prognosis is not clear.

“I’m just absolutely sick to my stomach. What kind of monster hurts your child?” Christina Maulsby said. “He’s five months old. He’s a defenseless little baby. Who does this?”
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/mar/26/deputies-north-naples-woman-charged-hitting-5-mont/

Landowski's blog regarding her infertility: http://bclandowski.blogspot.com/

Her New year's prayer included "I still pray that in this next year God will in some way bless us with a child, whether biological or adopted."
I guess God knew she had a temper.

[I guess God knew she had a temper./QUOTE]

Blessing in disguise for any child she may have had, but an unfortunate circumstance for this little boy. I wonder if she lashed out at him because she was jealous about not being able to have her own kids?

The poor mother in this case did everything she could possibly do to find someone suitable to look after her baby, and still the baby ends up with a bleeding brain and broken ribs.

Looks like my philosophy has been right all along. ''TRUST NO-ONE''.

A North Naples babysitter accused of striking a 5-month-old baby last week and sending him to intensive care expressed concerns in the weeks prior to her arrest about her ability to care for two small children, according to comments she made on several social networking sites.

The baby, Quentin Maulsby, remains in intensive care at Joe Dimaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood, with blood on his brain and two broken ribs, his mother, Christina Maulsby, 30, said Monday.

“He’s in a lot of pain,” Christina Maulsby said. “He cries a lot.”

In almost daily posts on the social networking sites Facebook and Plaxo, Cherie Marie Landowski, 24, wrote openly about her struggles with infertility, her Christian faith, and her babysitting work with two small children, including Quentin. In the posts, she seemed to express her difficulties with Quentin, describing him as a “definitely spoiled” only child who “cries for EVERYTHING.”

“I don’t know if I can do this,” Landowski wrote on March 16. “This one is WAY too high maintenance! How do you teach a baby they’re not the only one in the house??”

“I barely touch his head and he cries, he screams for apparently no reason,” she wrote in reply to a friend.
[...]

Landowski told investigators that she struck Quentin around 10 a.m. on Thursday, and around noon he started vomiting.

Christina Maulsby picked Quentin up about 20 minutes later, and took him to the hospital. By the time they arrived at the hospital, Quentin was shaking and, at times, going limp.

He was eventually airlifted to Joe Dimaggio Children’s Hospital for specialized care. Christina Maulsby said on Monday that she is optimistic about her son’s recovery.

“Yes, we have a long haul ahead of us, but we’ll pull through this,” she said.
[...]

Landowski told investigators that she made up the story about Quentin being hit by a toy to avoid getting in trouble, reports said.

“What a morning!” Landowski wrote on her Facebook page the day investigators say she hit Quentin. “Think little guy is sick — went home early with mom. Pray he feels better!”

On Jan. 12, Landowski wrote on her Facebook page that the other child she watched broke his leg at her house.

“Why do these things always happen on my watch??”
she wrote.

Amanda Erdman, who used to attend church with Landowski, wrote in a Facebook message to the Daily News that before she left Florida, there were “signs of some serious issues” with Landowski. Erdman said she was “overwhelmed with grief” at the news.

“Of course we must always be ready to forgive,” Erdman wrote on Landowski’s Facebook page. “As Christians we must or we do not understand his death on that wonderful cross. But the forgiveness cannot officially be given until it is asked for.”
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/mar/29/babysitter-infant-hospital-frustrated-facebook/

Her Plaxo page: http://www.plaxo.com/profile/show/55834680303?pk=f567ba6ed19e7a32a226729c3dcc0c21105241d6

Oh baby...

QuentinMaulsby-injuredbyCherieLando.jpg

Quentin Maulsby

What do you do when the person you trust with the care of your child ends up being the person police say is the source of his pain?
“You go through everything anger, sadness, confusion,” said Grant.
Florida news agencies are reporting the babysitter, 24 year old Cherie Landowski, is being charged with aggravated child abuse.
The child is now in stable condition at Joe Dimaggio Hospital in Hollywood, Florida.
http://www.kimt.com/content/localne...ed-Baby-Speak-Out/xw4ManRoPUeiyaDsptuLZg.cspx
Quentin Maulsby has a care page that will update his progress here: http://www.carepages.com/carepages/Quentin-Mauslby

Praying for you Sweetie Q, God will restore you to perfection and bring His vengeance on the temper tantrum throwing Cherie Marie.
I'll keep watch on Quentins progress.......
Edit: The last anme is misspelled on the care page, no matter, but I wanted to make sure it was corrected here!

Last edited:
What's with all these people being referred through church who are abusers?! I can't imagine how hard she had to have hit Quentin for him to have those injuries. My hope is that he heals soon and that bitch rots in jail.

In almost daily posts on the social networking sites Facebook and Plaxo, Cherie Marie Landowski, 24, wrote openly about her struggles with infertility, her Christian faith, and her babysitting work with two small children, including Quentin. In the posts, she seemed to express her difficulties with Quentin, describing him as a “definitely spoiledâ€￾ only child who “cries for EVERYTHING.â€￾

“I don’t know if I can do this,â€￾ Landowski wrote on March 16. “This one is WAY too high maintenance! How do you teach a baby they’re not the only one in the house??â€￾

“I barely touch his head and he cries, he screams for apparently no reason,â€￾ she wrote in reply to a friend.

this is disturbing, why didnt anyone call her out on this?

this is disturbing, why didnt anyone call her out on this?
Have you seen what happens when you offer advice that someone doesn't want to hear, much less "call them out"? How many times have you seen (on D'D alone) things that people have posted that you have a differing opinion on and not commented? Most people put their own comfort first. It's also easy to just say it's "venting" and "not that bad".

Perspective is much better in hindsight. I read her feed before she either deleted or hid it. The posts were mixed in with updates about all kinds of other daily things such as work schedule at Starbucks, other mentions of the kids, insight into "god stuff", and just normal things.

When I hear someone be exasperated with a child, I do not even think they are going to beat on them. If that was the case, I would be on the phone constantly reporting D'D members and FB friends.

“I don’t know if I can do this,” Landowski wrote on March 16. “This one is WAY too high maintenance! How do you teach a baby they’re not the only one in the house??

I barely touch his head and he cries, he screams for apparently no reason,” she wrote in reply to a friend.
I don't think I'd hire a sitter who doesn't have real mothering experience. Otherwise, she'd have to have a tremendous amount of professional child care experience, that's just me tho. Some things you just have to learn by caring for a child day-in-day out. To say that a baby of 5 mo. cries because he is spoiled is ridiculous, more likely he is tired, hungry or sick. And if baby cries out simply from being lightly touched, something is wrong. Did she ever bring these concerns to mother? It's likely baby was simply getting sick, not feeling well.

This woman wants children but yet expects far too much from a infant, and responded violently. I seriously do hope she doesn't have children unless she gets counseling for her "frustration" issues. Babies are often way hard to care for especially while caring for another child at the same time. If she wasn't cut out to care for 2 children at the same time, she should have never taken two children under her care.

Makes me sick that she would post casually about her rough day and say baby must be getting sick. 2 hrs. before baby started throwing up, 2 hrs! then she calls mom. She knew exactly why baby was ill, christ, she could have caused baby to die. What a heartless idiot. Mothers get upset, frustrated and yes, even angry but to take it out on a helpless baby is just fuckn cruel and vicious. My heart goes out to these parents who will likely not trust a soul again.

Heal completely baby Quentin....such a sweet face!
QuentinMaulsby-injuredbyCherieLando.jpg

I bet he screamed when she touched him because he did not want her to touch him as he did not LIKE her. Perhaps her infertility is nature's way of trying to keep children safe. Of course as result she hurts the baby of another person. She should give up babysitting AND her desire to have her own children. If you are unable to care for two children for a few hours a day without BOTH of them winding up broken and hurt it's time for a new game plan. Perhaps she could raise alligators. She can knock an alligator around to her hearts content. Won't hurt the gator much and he could just EAT her if she got too out of hand.

An attorney representing the 24-year-old North Naples babysitter accused of hitting a 5-month-old baby in the head and sending him to intensive care said Tuesday that his client is not responsible for the child’s injuries.

“She did not use the force necessary to cause the injuries that the child has,” said Landon Miller, the attorney representing Cherie Marie Landowski. “The evidence is going to show that the child was not his normal self and that when the child was delivered to my client, that he was agitated, that he was not himself.”
[...]

When told of Miller’s statement, Grant Maulsby denied that there was anything wrong with Quentin when he was dropped off at Landowski’s home on Thursday.

“Sounds like a typical lawyer,” Maulsby said. “They’re going to twist the truth. The truth will come out.”
[...]

“Her statements to law enforcement were misconstrued,” Miller said.
[...]

“We don’t know how he got the contusion on the brain,” Miller said of Quentin. “That’s not something my client did. This child was only left in my client’s custody for a matter of hours.”
[...]

“I have told myself if Thursday doesn’t go better I might have to ask the mom if she can find other arrangements,” Landowski wrote in a post on March 17.
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/mar/30/attorney-babysitter-accused-hitting-5-month-old-sa/

Five-month-old Quentin Maulsby, who was hospitalized for more than a week with bleeding on the brain and two broken ribs after authorities say his baby sitter hit him with a bottle, was released from the hospital on Friday afternoon.
[...]

Christina Maulsby said Quentin has been in severe pain, with what doctors said was the equivalent of a bad migraine headache, and has been unable to hold down food for a week. He took a turn for the better early Friday, and was released from Joe Dimaggio Children’s Hospital on the East Coast around noon. Quentin’s long term outlook is unknown, his mother said.

"We don’t know, but today is good, and we’re home," Christina Maulsby said.
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/apr/02/infant-victim-suspected-abuse-released-hospital/

I hope that this cunt NEVER is blessed with a child. If she is, it needs to be saved from her at birth. Period. The parents are better than me... I'd have gone to kill the bitch... then again I say that and I want to do terrible things to the driver that hit my kids and I am told I am not allowed...

This child was only left in my client’s custody for a matter of hours.â€￾

That's all it takes, dumbass.

So glad to hear little Quentin is home. I hope his recovery is total and fast.

Thanks Ronda!! Heal completely little Quentin!
BONITA SPRINGS: A mother described to NBC2 what her baby boy went through after being badly beaten and the fact that his babysitter is accused of the violent acts.

When we saw Quentin Maulsby on Tuesday, he acted and sounded like a typical five-month-old baby. But, even at such a young age, he has already had to fight for his life.

"Children don't deserve to be hit, there's no reason for that," said Quentin's mother, Christina Maulsby.

In March, deputies arrested Quentin's babysitter Cherie Landowski. Investigators say she beat Quentin so badly, he had blood on his brain and two broken ribs.

[...]
Quentin is said to have a clean bill of health. But he's still too young for officials to know if the abuse will have any long term effects.

53dc43db.jpg

More pictures and video here.

Last edited:
Home's never felt so good!
Posted Apr 2, 2010 5:07pm
We are home and it has never felt so good to be here!

Quentin is doing great! Smiling lots, playing with his favorite toys and we even heard a little laugh!!!

God is faithful, God is good and we are so grateful. The power of prayer is amazing.

WE thank you for all your love, support, prayers and so much more. It is so humbling to us. We can not thank you enough.

We will continue to write and keep you all updated on Quentin's progress as we put our lives back together.

But for now...I'm going to go enjoy my son!

Go kiss a child today! Let them know that they are loved.

Lots of love
The Maulsby's
Tears
Posted Apr 5, 2010 8:37am
Since being home I feel like crying all the time and I don't know why. I don't because I feel I need to be strong for my family. I am overwhelmed with emotions and the reality of what we are dealing with. My mom left yesterday, which was hard for all of us. My sister-in-law Geri will arrive soon to help us, which we are grateful for.

I am so grateful we are home and that WE ARE ALL HOME! I thank God for leading us on this new journey and for the times He carries me when I am too weak to walk.

Quentin's slowly adjusting but things are different for him too. We have doctor appointments this afternoon. I will post after.

As always thanks for listening and being there for our family. Praying for peace today!

Many Blessings,
C
Today is a NEW DAY! Wear BLUE
Posted 2 days ago
I woke up this morning to my sweet baby boy in my arms. I layed there for awhile just staring at him, soaking up all the sweetness of him.
I watched him breathe so peacefully, safe in my arms and realized today is a new day.

I can not understand how something like this could possibly happen and probably never will. BUT, today is a new day and he is HERE and safe in our arms! And yes, our lives are going to be different. This is something that our family will never forget. This will change us, it can't help but not. BUT, I will not let this ruin myself or the rest of my family. NO, we will use Quentin's story to help change the lives of others.
This month, April, is Child Abuse Awareness Month. We are going to help rasing that awareness with our story, with Quentin's story! He will change the world, one baby/child at a time!

I read that BLUE is the color for Child Abuse Awareness. So I ask that all of you wear something blue this week and share with others why. Help make a difference...we can all do something.

We will be doing two TV interviews this morning to share our story, hoping to help others and WE WILL BE WEARING BLUE!

Quentin's doctors appointment went well yesterday. He's doing great. While the future s unknown...today he is good!
https://www.carepages.com/carepages/Quentin-Mauslby/updates/2607115
Christina is a very strong and spiritual woman, she keeps everyone updated about Baby Q, all of which is inspiring. I agree with all the prayers being said for this family and that there will be no long term effects for Sweetie Q! I'm also praying that Cherie-bitty gets her portion in huge heaps from those seeds she so cruelly planted. Amen!
QuentinMaulsby--Christina-GrantEast.jpg

Quentin, Christina and Grant on Easter 2010

A Collier County judge sentenced a North Naples baby sitter to 10 years in prison Tuesday morning, after the woman’s 5-month-old charge suffered irreparable brain damage at her hands.

Cherie Landowski, 27, pleaded no contest to aggravated child abuse after admitting to investigators in 2010 that she struck the baby on the head with a bottle when he was fussy.

“Your selfish and evil actions took so much away from Quentin and our family,â€￾ the child’s mother, Christina Maulsby, told Landowski during a victim’s impact statement at Tuesday’s sentencing.

“Since March 25, 2010, Quentin’s life, our life, our family’s life, has never been the same. You took so much from him... You will spend 10 years of your life away from what you know, away from your family, and your daughter. Quentin will spend a lifetime.

“You gave Quentin a life sentence.â€￾
[...]

In court, the mother described how on the morning of the abuse, Landowski — who came highly recommended through other parents at the Maulsby’s church — had taken Christina into the nursery at her home and showed her a sign she had put up: “Children are a gift from God.â€￾

Quentin Maulsby is now 3 1/2 years old, a bright-eyed boy with a crooked smile who beems when his mother calls out “All aboard! Choo choo!â€￾

He scampers around a public playground in Bonita Springs with his 2-year-old brother, alternately chomping on Twizzlers and popping in his pacifier.

His motor skills are fine, his mother observes. Nothing else is, though.

Quentin can’t speak.
Just last month, he was rushed to the hospital after trying to gouge his eyes out. He’s had seizures, and tried to bang his head against walls and floors. The boy has permanent damage to two lobes in his brain, as well as his brainstem.

The family moved back to their home state of Iowa months after the abuse. Landowski was released from jail a day after her arrest in March 2010 on a $25,000 bond, and Christina Maulsby didn’t want to run into her.

The Maulsby family isn’t sure how Quentin will develop. Doctors have told them although he started speaking, a seizure or stroke wiped out the possibility he will do so again.

He communicates best through visuals since the part of his brain that would normally allow for imitation — crucial to sign language — is damaged.

Instead, Christina, Grant and a team of therapists and in-home workers taught him to use pictures to tell them what he needs. He’ll pull an image of milk or juice off the fridge and hand it to one of them, for example.

It’s the best solution they’ve found in a series of trial-and-error attempts to work with his special need. As he gets older, the challenges change, and often are getting worse. He has three therapy sessions a day in an ongoing struggle to make any progress.

But last summer, he began having anxiety attacks that were later diagnosed as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Christina insists her son remembers what happened to him, that he is still grappling with the psychological damage of abuse by his caretaker.

Landowski chose not to speak in court Tuesday. She faced 30 years in prison for the crime, but pleaded no contest to the single charge. She will be required to serve a minimum of 6 1/2 years of her sentence, followed by 20 years of probation.

“I don’t think this sentence is strong enough, personally,â€￾ the boy’s father, Grant Maulsby, told Collier Circuit Judge James Shenko on Tuesday, as Landowski sat a desk’s length away beside her attorney.

“We’ll have to see what Quentin deals with the rest of his life,â€￾ he told the court. “At least he’s getting some sort of justice.â€￾
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013/jun/04/north-naples-baby-sitter-gets-10-years-prison-hitt/

TNCnEkq.jpg
AVdX4bj.jpg
EQQQlKo.jpg

A former babysitter who seriously hurt a 5-month-old boy by beating him over the head with a bottle should not be allowed to withdraw her plea or have her sentence reduced, a Collier County judge has ruled.

Collier Circuit Judge Lauren Brodie on Thursday denied Cherie Landowski’s request to withdraw her no-contest plea, which resulted in a negotiated 10-year prison sentence. Landowski, 29, of North Naples, had argued that she was under the misguided impression at the time of her plea that she caused infant Quentin Maulsby to become autistic.
[...]
Quentin’s parents have said the now-5-year-old can’t speak, suffers from seizure disorders and needs constant medical care.

Landowski’s scheduled release date is in November 2022.

http://www.naplesnews.com/mobile-sh...ot-withdraw-her-plea-or-get-sentence_95504668

should not be allowed to withdraw her plea or have her sentence reduced, a Collier County judge has ruled
Bitch only got 10 years, what's she whining about? Quentin and his parents got a life sentence from her behavior, she should be thanking the Gods that she only got 10 years.

Someone needs to beat her in the head until she is blind, deaf and dumb. :devil: stupid cunt! :punch:

had argued that she was under the misguided impression at the time of her plea that she caused infant Quentin Maulsby to become autistic.
If this ain't the dumbest thing I have ever heard in the history of ever.
That baby is so beautiful and I dislike her so much for what she did to him and his family. They trusted her. That mom did her best to make sure she would be leaving her son in the best possible situation but we all know about wolves in sheep clothing.
Bitch. A stupid selfish one at that.

Back