• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
21ezxxd.jpg
In a gruesome scene straight out of “Psycho,” a young Brooklyn woman was found to have been living for at least a year with her mom’s skeletal remains
[...]
The rotting corpse, believed to be that of Susie Rosenthal, 61, was discovered Monday under a pile of garbage bags in the Borough Park apartment she shared with her daughter, Chava Stirn, 28,
[...]
Police had been called to the apartment at 3 p.m. after neighbors reported a foul odor and an unexplained leak,
[...]
When cops approached Stirn, she was acting “erratically” and was taken to Maimonides Medical Center for a psych evaluation.

The corpse was found at 5 p.m.
[..]
Neighbors told cops Rosenthal had not been seen lately.

Both mother and daughter had histories of psychological issues
[...]
The Medical Examiner’s Office will perform an autopsy.
http://nypost.com/2014/07/08/moms-skeletal-remains-found-in-daughters-apartment/

The skeletal remains of a person were found inside a Brooklyn apartment after cops were called to the home to check on a foul odor,
[...]
The grisly discovery was made after officers encountered a 28-year-old woman who flipped out inside the cluttered 15th Ave. apartment in Borough Park and threatened to harm herself about 5 p.m. Monday
[...]
But soon after the unidentified woman was taken to Maimonides Medical Center for a psychiatric evaluation, officers spotted the remains inside the apartment — which was stuffed with garbage and debris
[..]
Investigators suspect the remains are those of the woman’s 61-year-old mother, who could have been dead for up to one year,
][...]
An autopsy was scheduled to determine the identity of the body and an official cause of death.
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ns-found-brooklyn-apartment-article-1.1858336

o_O The smell of human decomp is so specific and horrendous I always wonder how these people can stand it. "Smell blindness" w/hoarders, for example is one thing, but breathing human decomp day after day on top of knowing your beloved mother is breaking down into goo in the next room? She needs some serious help with Separation Anxiety and the Grief Cycle...

Oh well that's just disgusting. I mean I love my mom and all but she's going in the ground when her time comes.

I suspect this girl has some type of mental illness. Sane people wouldn't be able to deal with that stench.

I just don't get these stories. Sometimes I'll put dishes off until the morning. Or maybe some leftovers gathered some fuzz in the Tupperware....but SMELLS are SMELLS. And they must be stopped.
Maybe she watched too many Febreze commercials...

I just don't get these stories. Sometimes I'll put dishes off until the morning. Or maybe some leftovers gathered some fuzz in the Tupperware....but SMELLS are SMELLS. And they must be stopped.
Maybe she watched too many Febreze commercials...

Omg, I shouldn't be lol @ this, but your post just gave me a visual of a woman happily buzzing around her pristene house spritzing Febreze and giving her husband's corpse standing in the closet a few squirts. Gah! Sry, too many "Tales From the Crypt" reruns. :whistle:
Edit = tiny kb

Last edited:
Yep, I was picturing the Febreze people as well going to the apartment and saying "show me the smelliest area of ur apartment" to which the daughter says " sure, she's right over here....."

How on earth did it take neighbours 'up to one year' to report a foul smell. And why was mom found underneath a pile of garbage bags? So many questions :confused::vomit:

okay.....so then what happened ? and holy cow how do you get over that.
I walked over and knocked on the door and got no answer. But, I did see a bunch of those gold and blue flies (maggot flies) in his window. I knew something was up when I saw the flies.

I went right over the apartment managers office and told her I smell an awful smell from Matts apartment and someone needs to check on him.

I understood why he killed himself. He had a lot of medical problems lived alone and was completely confined to a wheel chair. He was at the mercy of all his friends and family to take him shopping, Dr appointments etc.

The apartment was later gutted and refurbished. I had a new neighbor the next month.

I am not questioning the validity of the daughters mental state but wouldn't she have been receiving some kind of services? Did mom have a job or was it taking care of her daughter? So many questions.

I am not questioning the validity of the daughters mental state but wouldn't she have been receiving some kind of services? Did mom have a job or was it taking care of her daughter? So many questions.
To hazard a guess while keeping in mind that the body was undiscovered for a year I would say that the mother's job was caring for her daughter, and being over 18 her services could have stopped, it happens unless loved ones fight to keep getting help. And also that the daughter would more than likely be receiving SSI so the bills could still be paid especially if everything was done automatically through the bank account.

Like I said, just taking a guess at it.

Is this the real life Pyscho? Brooklyn woman found living with her dead mother's remains for a full YEAR as she dressed in her clothes and propped up the corpse at the dinner table
  • Police responded to the scene to deal with a complaint of foul odor
  • Discovered Chava Stirn, 28, who was behaving erratically and said she wanted to hurt herself
  • After taking Stirn into custody, authorities discovered the body of mother Susie Rosenthal, 61
  • Stirn would dress in her mother's clothes and have dinner with the body
  • Neighbors described her as a shut-in with a history of mental health issues
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ropped-corpse-dinner-table.html#ixzz383tAOPBk

Holy shit!!! Like @CbabyRKO said, I love my mom with all my heart, but when she's dead, she's going in the ground..

That's just foul on so many levels. Especially if her fluids were leaking into the apartments below... :vomit:

Unexplained leak? I hope her remains weren't leaking into the lower apartment! :hungover:
Sad to say, but I'm pretty sure it was a mix of that, and something leaking from one (or more) of the garbage bags.

And here's a horrendous thought: What if the mother died from the bags falling on top of her and she suffocated??

Wow this is NASTY! I can't imagine the smells that were coming from that place. The minute those neighbors learned that the "leak" was actually fluids from a corpse upstairs... :vomit::vomit::vomit:

Wouldn't the smell have been over by the time it was a skeleton? (I'm asking, because, thank God, I've never had to deal with dead bodies.) And after a year, wouldn't all of the "drainage" have been completed?
I'm thinking all the smell and leaking is from the garbage and not the Mother. (One can hope!)

Back