• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
images
Not so fast Leslie, Governor Jerry Brown overrules Parole Board Recommendation.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – California Gov. Jerry Brown denied parole Friday for Leslie Van Houten, the youngest follower of murderous cult leader Charles Manson who is serving a life sentence for killing a wealthy grocer and his wife more than 40 years ago.

Brown overturned the recommendation of a parole board that found Van Houten was no-longer the violent young woman who committed a gruesome murder and was now fit for release. She has completed college degrees and been a model inmate.

The Democratic governor acknowledged her success in prison and her youth at the time of the murders, but he wrote in his decision that she failed to explain how she transformed from an upstanding teen to a killer.

"Both her role in these extraordinarily brutal crimes and her inability to explain her willing participation in such horrific violence cannot be overlooked and lead me to believe she remains an unacceptable risk to society if released," Brown wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/22/california-governor-denies-parole-for-manson-follower0.html

Van Houten was a model murderer before she was a model prisoner. Like an evil lump of cold clay she is capable of easily shifting, shaping and molding herself to whatever her environment.

8880834-3x2-700x467.jpg

Leslie Van Houten was jailed more than 40 years ago.

Leslie Van Houten, the youngest of Charles Mason's murderous followers, has been granted parole by a California board.

Van Houten was 19 when she killed for Manson during a series of murders that terrorised Los Angeles in the summer of 1969.

Now 68, she appeared before a parole panel for the 21st time on Wednesday (local time).

The decision now goes through a process of review in which Governor Jerry Brown may uphold, reverse or modify the decision. He could also send the matter to the full Board of Parole Hearings, or take no action, in which case the parole decision would stand.

A similar panel at the California Institution for Women in Chino, where Van Houten is incarcerated, granted her parole last year but was overruled by the Mr Brown.

He said she had failed to adequately explain how a model teenager from a privileged family could have turned into a ruthless killer.

Manson's ragtag band of followers killed seven people, including pregnant actress Sharon Tate.

Van Houten did not take part in the first night's killings of Tate and four others, but on the second night she helped kill grocer Leno LaBianca and his wife Rosemary.

At her parole hearing last year, Van Houten said she helped hold down Ms Bianca while another Manson follower stabbed her repeatedly.

She then took up a knife herself and added more than a dozen stab wounds.

"I don't let myself off the hook. I don't find parts in any of this that makes me feel the slightest bit good about myself," she said.

However, members of the Tate and La Bianca families have argued repeatedly against granting parole to her or any other Manson follower who took part in the killings.

None has been freed, and one, Susan Atkins, died in prison in 2009.

Manson, now 82, remains behind bars.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-07/charles-manson-follower-granted-parole/8880788

Last edited:
I bet he'll be talking his crazy talk and manipulating people until his final breath.

Manipulators manipulate, it's what they do, it's the air that they breathe, the meat in their sammich.

It's about time he kicked that old bucket. Good riddance to bad rubbish, is what I say.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom has reversed parole for Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten, marking the fourth time a governor has blocked her release.

A California panel recommended parole in July for Van Houten, who has spent nearly five decades in prison. Newsom reversed her release once previously and his predecessor, Jerry Brown, blocked it twice.

Van Houten’s attorney, Rich Pfeiffer, said they will appeal Newsom’s decision.

“This reversal will demonstrate to the courts that there is no way Newsom will let her out,” Pfeiffer said. “So they have to enforce the law or it will never be enforced.”

Van Houten is serving a life sentence for helping Manson and others kill Los Angeles grocer Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary, in August 1969. Van Houten was 19 when she and other cult members fatally stabbed the LaBiancas and smeared the couple’s blood on the walls.

I have a tough time going with releasing her. She knew the consequences of the crimes she committed and she was charged and sentenced fairly by the rules in play at the time the crimes were committed. She should have to serve the full sentence of the crimes she was convicted of. Personally I don't think she needs to see the light of day ever again. What has she contributed to society? Her victims contributed to this world and she was a part of taking that away. She held Mrs. LaBianca down for Patricia Krenwinkle to try to stab but the knife blade bent and Tex Watson had to finish her off. She then stabbed Mrs. LaBianca's dead body, for participation cred. For once, and only this once I believe, I stand with Gov. Newsome.

Last edited:
A life sentence should mean just that.
The promise the perp will die in prison.
The only two variables should be live it out till you die, or opt for execution.

Parole should never be on the table.

Agreed - with the only one other variable: that IF it can be proven beyond doubt, due to increased science of forensics with DNA and/or fiber trace, that the person convicted did not commit the crime they were convicted and sentenced for.

When "Sadie Mae Glutz" aka Susan Atkins was in the later stages of brain cancer, they repeatedly tried to get her "compassionate release", and rightfully failed.
Every prison has a hospice ward, where they're cared for by other compassionate prisoners, and medicated by the Dr's and nurses from the infirmary as well as visiting hospice nurses.
All of the Manson "family" murders and participants are fortunate enough to have been spared the DP when CA outlawed it in the early 70's, and should be thankful their DP sentences weren't reinstated when the DP law was brought back many years later.
Atkins died in the prison infirmary's hospice area, and was allowed to have some loved ones at her side, which is far more kindness and dignity than any of her victims were ever shown during their brutal and horrific murders.

Charlie only actually killed Shorty Shea himself, but proved that he could easily incite numerous other's to the highest degree of violence, and that alone was more than enough to keep him in LWOP, where he belonged until his death.

~ @Siobhan ~ Well said.

1606860233867.png

O'l Charlie lived to be 83 in the care of the California State Penal System having entered it for the last time at 37 on a Helter Skelter roll.

How he was able to direct his little flock of empty, maladjusted, muddled, misfits so mentally unbalanced that they rushed without question to do whatever he bade them to do is a mystery to me.

Trust me, back in the day I was around and partook of some outstanding chemicals. No amount of them would have allowed me to participate in the shockingly beastial Tate, LaBianca murders.

Manson was what's called a "natural psychologist", he can read an individual or room of people and combined with giving them hallucinogens can "tell" each individual/room exactly what they want to hear, and then the manipulation really begins, starting with a few minutes here and there, to hours of mental rants, then it's an everyday occurrence.
A form of brainwashing and/or hypnosis, but most people can't be washed/hypnotized into doing something that's deeply against their personal beliefs/mindset - like most of us here (if not all) could never be coerced in any way to commit murder on innocent people; in self defense for themselves or family, in the military during combat - certainly, but never kill for just the "lulz" of murder.

'These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.'

' From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils with the power of scorpions to torment.'

Quoteth Charlie

Of all Charlie's Angels, if anyone gained release from prison my money would be on Leslie Van Houten.

1607224995300.png
1607225315949.png
1607225495585.png
1607225100867.png

Van Houten has been characterized as a model inmate, earning a bachelor’s in English literature and master's degree in humanities while running self-help groups for incarcerated women.

Hard now to imagine her wielding a knife and allegedly stabbing Rosemary LaBianca’s lower back and glute area over a dozen times.

Last edited:
If it was Sadie I would say she should have remained in prison until her death (which she did)

But Leslie and Patricia deserve a chance at freedom - I believe they are truly remorseful.

A California parole board again recommended Tuesday that Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten be released from prison.

It’s the fifth time officials advocated for the release of Van Houten, 72, who is serving a life sentence for helping cult members murder Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary, with forks and knives in 1969. Their prior recommendations were rejected by two governors.

Van Houten was 19 when the LaBiancas were randomly slain by the Manson family, who smeared “Death to pigs” in their blood on the walls of their Los Angeles homes.

The murders came a day after the cult — without Van Houten — killed pregnant actress Sharon Tate and four others.

I still think Leslie should have the opportunity to be set free but have changed my stance on Patricia she deserves to die in prison.

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — The California Supreme Court has denied a potential bid for freedom by Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten following Gov. Gavin Newsom’s rejection of her parole.

The court on Wednesday refused to hear Van Houten’s appeal of a lower court ruling last December that denied her petition for a review.

That petition challenged what it termed a denial of due process by Newsom in reversing a parole board recommendation. It also said Newsom had refused to provide documents indicating when the board referred the case to him and argued that there was a “strong possibility” that he exceeded a 30-day time limit for review.
[....]
Since 2016, parole boards have recommended five times that Van Houten be freed from prison. Then-Gov. Jerry Brown and Newsom have blocked her parole four times. The fifth recommendation came last November and remains under procedural review.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Tuesday blocked parole for Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten, reversing a panel’s recommendation that she be freed after spending a half-century in prison.

Van Houten, 72, “currently poses an unreasonable danger to society if released from prison at this time,” Newsom said in his parole review. It was the fifth time that a California governor has rejected her release.
Her attorney, Rich Pfeiffer, disputed that view and said the decision will be appealed in court. He accused Newsom of rejecting parole because he is worried about “his political future” and noted that Van Houten has a spotless prison disciplinary record.

“We’re not fighting (over) Leslie being a good person. She’s proven that through her actions for half a century,” he said.
In his rejection letter, Newsom noted that Van Housen had undergone therapy, earned educational degrees and taken self-help classes in prison and had shown “increased maturity and rehabilitation.”

But Van Houten also has “gaps in insight” that continue to make her a danger to society, Newsom said.

Van Houten has had 21 parole hearings since 1982. Most parole boards denied her bid for freedom. But five panels have recommended her release since 2016, saying she had expressed remorse and was no longer a threat to public safety.

Newsom rejected a recommendation made last November.

He previously reversed parole recommendations in 2019 and 2020. In February, the California Supreme Court refused to hear Van Houten’s appeal of the 2020 rejection.

Previous Gov. Jerry Brown rejected Van Houten’s parole in 2016 and 2018.

A California parole panel has recommended the release of Charles Manson follower Patricia Krenwinkel.

The panel acted Thursday, more than five decades after she and other followers of the cult leader terrorized the state.

She wrote “Helter Skelter” on a wall using the blood of one of their victims. Krenwinkel helped kill pregnant actress Sharon Tate and four other people in 1969. She helped kill grocer Leno LaBianca and his wife Rosemary the next night.

The parole recommendation for the 74-year-old will likely go to Gov. Gavin Newsom before year’s end.

He has previously rejected parole recommendations for other followers of Manson.
1653662002453.png

He needs to reject this recommendation and allow her to die in prison like she deserves.

On May 26, 2022, Patricia Krenwinkel (CDC# W-08314), the Charles Manson cult serial killer who broke into my sister Sharon Tate's home August 9, 1969 & participated in the murders that night, was recommended for parole!!! Now, only CA Governor Gavin Newsom can reverse this unfortunate decision. Please sign, comment, & SHARE this petition to let Governor Newsom know that you oppose her release!
In addition to breaking into my sister's home, she also broke into the home of Leno & Rosemary LaBianca the following night and participated in both of their murders as well.
She personally stabbed to death Abigail Folger, as well as Leno & Rosemary LaBianca. She mutilated Leno LaBianca's body with a carving fork- carving the word "WAR" into his stomach before writing words in blood all over the home. She has admitted that was not a direct order from Charles Manson or anyone else- it was her own idea.
For years this woman laughed about the murders in court and showed absolutely no remorse at all. She admits she was not on drugs the nights of the murders & committed them to ignite a race war.
Society cannot allow this serial killer who committed such horrible, gruesome, random killings back out & I am asking for your help by letting the parole board know that you do not want to see her get released by signing this petition.
The eight victims of the Tate/LaBianca murders (which includes Sharon's unborn son) deserve justice. This woman was originally sentenced to die in the gas chamber, but her sentence was commuted to life in prison- which is where she should spend the rest of her life.
If you would like to also e-mail or write a letter to the Governor- please include Patricia Krenwinkel's name, CDC# W-08314, & state why you feel she should stay in prison by contacting:
To email, please visit: https://govapps.gov.ca.gov/gov40mail/
(Under "Chose Your Subject"- please select: "Parole-Governors Review" on the dropdown menu)
or mail letters:
Governor Gavin Newsom
1021 O Street, Suite 9000
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 445-2841
Fax: (916) 558-3160
Re: Patricia Krenwinkel (CDC#W-08314)- May 26, 2022 Parole Reversal
Thank you for your help if you could take a brief moment to sign this petition.
Ms. Debra Tate
(Sister of Sharon Tate)
www.noparoleformansonfamily.com
www.sharontate.net

Twitter- @debra_tate9
Facebook- @TFLegacy - for continuous updates
Any donations made to Change.org in the name of this cause for this petition are kept by Change.org to promote the petition.

Last edited:
Back