• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Lucky is a poor word to use, malq. The rest of a life in prison instead of a swift death...is much, much worse. I would rather face lethal injection than life imprisonment.

She's done her time, and then some. Keeping people in the prison system longer than necessary is another reason why said system is faulty.

Lucky is a poor word to use, malq. The rest of a life in prison instead of a swift death...is much, much worse. I would rather face lethal injection than life imprisonment.

She's done her time, and then some. Keeping people in the prison system longer than necessary is another reason why said system is faulty.

yeah but she wasn't sentenced to lethal injection. when she was sentenced, if i remember correctly, it was the gas chamber...

i think i'd choose life imprisonment over the gas chamber.

Last edited:
Sorry
IMO she was sentenced to death and got out of that. California put a moratorium on the gas chamber. Fucking lucky if you ask me. She should be dead.
She will never serve her time in 100,000 years. She waived that right when she did what she did and got the death sentence. If she gets parole, then you might as well let them ALL go free.

Plus Susan Atkins had brain cancer, they didn't cut her any slack.
Lastly if a sentence of death ends up in a person going free, what good is a sentence? Its manipulatable(sp) as it is.

I totally agree with you. She needs to stay where she is, in prison. What Manson and his followers did to the victims was beyond gruesome. I hope they never get to see the outside of a prison.

There'd be a political price to pay for anyone who dares parole any of Manson's followers (although I believe squeaky may have been)

They could just say "what she did was so heinous she deserves no mercy whatsoever" but....

...finding the 60-year-old remains dangerous...

is not very credible

yeah but she wasn't sentenced to lethal injection. when she was sentenced, if i remember correctly, it was the gas chamber...

i think i'd choose life imprisonment over the gas chamber.

Why? You're unconscious before the gases even kill you if you rapidly inhale before the gases hit your nervous system through gas exchange.

Actually, I'd rather take the gas chamber over lethal injection. At least then I have control over how fast I die.

Why? You're unconscious before the gases even kill you if you rapidly inhale before the gases hit your nervous system through gas exchange.

Actually, I'd rather take the gas chamber over lethal injection. At least then I have control over how fast I die.

i guess we have different "killme" styles, lol. the thought of breathing a poison is utterly terrifying to me but having them put in by iv is not panic-inducing

Whether or not she would be parolled.. She would still be on the public dime especially in this economy and may be driven to crime to survive and have 3 hots and a cot. Who would hire her to do what with her record and her age???? Nobody.. she is a misfit of society. If she can do something positive in jail than that's is where the best place for her is because with so many people out of work and her 60 year old age and 40 years of incarceration what makes you think she is capable of being a productive, self-supporting member of society. Also there is the Son of Sam law she couldn't go around lecturing or writing a book etc about her crime and making money on it..... so in jail she stays.

[/B]Can you imagine getting a text from Charlie???
Charles Manson, who is serving a life sentence for his conspiracy role in the killing of seven people in the Tate-LaBianca murders in Los Angeles, 1969, has been handed down an extra 30 days on his life term after being found in possession of a contraband cellphone within jail premises.

Manson, the man behind the ritualistic murders of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six others in 1969, had 30 days added to his life sentence after he was caught with an LG flip phone under his prison mattress, according to Los Angeles Times.

According to Terry Thornton, a spokeswoman for the California Department of Corrections, Manson had made calls and sent text messages to people in California, New Jersey, Florida and British Columbia.

Thornton said it was "troubling that he (Manson) had a cellphone since he's a person who got other people to murder on his behalf."

However, prison officials did not release the identities of the people Manson had contacted.
[...]

Though prison officials are against usage of cellphones in prisons as inmates are known to use cellphones for all manner of criminal activity, including running drug rings from behind bars, intimidating witnesses and planning escapes, the plea of prison administrators to jam cellphone signals on prison grounds have been ignored so far by the Federal Communications Commission, which regulates the nation's airwaves.

The politically powerful telecommunications industry lobby has also argued that jamming is not a precise solution because legitimate customers trying to use their phones near prisons could also be denied service.

The lobby has suggested a better, albeit more expensive solution, called "managed access" that would allow only calls from approved phones to transmit through towers near prisons.

The system has been successfully tested in Mississippi and prison officials in California are expected to do a pilot run next year.
[...]

As for Manson, 76, the 30-days sentencing means little. Manson, who is incarcerated in a maximum security prison in California, is technically eligible for parole but was denied parole for the eleventh time in 2007. His next parole hearing is scheduled for 2012 but has almost no hope of ever being released.
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/928...o-life-sentence-for-possessing-cellphone-.htm

When someone like CM talks, let's hope everyone but his followers are listening!!! I read a lot of true crime now but Helter Skelter was the very first. Read it back in high school. Then the movie/docudrama came out. I've seen it a few times. I think the curiousity and/or fascination from many people is trying to figure out why anyone would follow these people.

Like whisper, I was only 3 at that time, and that was one of the major discussions I can recall from that time. Another I recall is talk about living next door to a very famous bikers aunt.

When someone like CM talks, let's hope everyone but his followers are listening!!! I read a lot of true crime now but Helter Skelter was the very first. Read it back in high school. Then the movie/docudrama came out. I've seen it a few times. I think the curiousity and/or fascination from many people is trying to figure out why anyone would follow these people.

Like whisper, I was only 3 at that time, and that was one of the major discussions I can recall from that time. Another I recall is talk about living next door to a very famous bikers aunt.

I was not born when Manson killed people. I know of Manson because I read about him as a kid. That guy is really nuts! It is horrifying that he got people to kill for him.

Make no mistake! Charlie is no nut. He is a MONSTER of the most sadistic and evil nature! You did not have to be around in his time to see that.

Make no mistake! Charlie is no nut. He is a MONSTER of the most sadistic and evil nature! You did not have to be around in his time to see that.

Indeed, Manson is evil. He is ranks right up there with the likes of Adolf Hitler, Osama bin Laden, and Ted bundy. I saw him interviewed and he gave me the creeps. I sense a lot of evil in him.

Exactly. When I saw Manson, I wanted to smack him hard. He is such an arrogant prick. What is with these evil people. They think they are above everything.
Unless I miss my guess, the things you point out are a curiousity to others. The reasons may differ, but I'd like to think that people want to understand how these people gain control in this manner. I know that's why I read about them. But then the other group reading this stuff like to think they are cold-blooded, morbid or whatever.

Unless I miss my guess, the things you point out are a curiousity to others. The reasons may differ, but I'd like to think that people want to understand how these people gain control in this manner. I know that's why I read about them. But then the other group reading this stuff like to think they are cold-blooded, morbid or whatever.

Despite all the reading, I am still baffled and in some ways more horrified. Charles Manson reminds me of Jim Jones, Adolf Hitler, Fred Phelps, Osama bin Laden, and Lori Drew in terms of mentality. All of them are paranoid and feel the world did something wrong to them. They feel the world owes them something. Jones was not a hatemonger unlike Manson, Hitler, Phelps, and Bin Laden. Drew is constantly fearing rejection and needs to be in every organization and party.

Perhaps I should clarify my comments a little bit because it almost sounds like nobody is getting the fact that I was just trying to be a smart ass...

The ironic thing is that if you talk to anyone who is say mid to late 50's to about age 60 or above, they will tell you all about being at woodstock, being a part of the whole hippie movement and/or they hung out in San Fransisco....

And I am always amazed that:

A. They lived to tell about it. and

B. Remember it at all!

Ok, so I was negative 7 yrs old in 1969...I think my mother was 12. BUT....in modern american history in high school we had an entire year designated to the 60's. From Kennedy through the end of Vietnam basically. It was my MOST FAVORITE history lesson(s) ever! Our teacher even gave us extra credit for 1960's mix tapes (haha, for his own enjoyment of course!).
I think whether people were stoned or sober that was something to learn about the era. Hell, Timothy Leary was a test subject!!
That class was 18 yrs ago & I remember him explaining the fork in LaBianca sticking out........the 60's STUCK in my head even if I wasn't there.

Last edited:
-dd-371.jpg
-dd-2258.jpg
-dd-11016.jpg
California parole board officials denied parole Thursday to Patricia Krenwinkel, one of two surviving female followers of Charles Manson, saying the seven deaths in the infamous 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders still "remain relevant."

"This is a crime children grow up hearing about," said parole commissioner Susan Melanson. She said they received 80 letters from around the world pressing for Krenwinkel to remain imprisoned. "These crimes remain relevant," said Melanson.

Krenwinkel admitted during her trial that she chased down and stabbed heiress Abigail Folger at the Tate home on Aug. 9, 1969 and participated in the stabbing deaths of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca the following night.
[...]

A grey-haired Krenwinkel, now 63, wept and apologized after Melanson and Deputy Commissioner Steven Hernandez issued their decision.

"I'm just haunted each and every day by the unending suffering of the victims, the enormity and degree of suffering I've caused," she said.

In her 40 years at the California Institution for Women, Krenwinkel has earned a bachelor's degree and participated in numerous self help programs as well as teaching illiterate prisoners how to read. In recent years, she has been involved in a program to train service dogs for the disabled.

Krenwinkel, who has had a discipline-free record in prison, said that she is rehabilitated, but that claim was met with ire and opposition from prosecutors and families of the victims.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20029164-504083.html
The parole hearing was held at the women's state prison in Corona, where Krenwinkel is serving a life sentence. It was Krenwinkel's 13th appearance before the Board of Parole Hearings.

She will be up for her next parole review in seven years, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/01/manson-follower-patricia-krenwinkel-denied-parole.html

Which one of you has been texting Charlie AGAIN??

For the second time in less than two years, California prison officials caught Charles Manson, mastermind of one of the most notorious killing sprees in U.S. history, with a cell phone behind bars.

Guards at Corcoran State Prison found the phone on Jan. 6, according to prison spokeswoman Terry Thornton. Manson was charged with violating prison rules, but not with a crime, because there is no law in California that prohibits inmates from possessing phones. Thornton declined to provide any details about where Manson got the phone, or who he called, saying the case is still under investigation.

Manson called people in California, New Jersey and Florida with an LG flip phone found under his prison bunk in March 2009, Thornton said.

Thirty days were added to his sentence for the first offense, officials said.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...arles-manson-found-with-cell-phone-again.html

30 days were added to his sentence? So if he makes parole (ever), would he have to sit an extra 30 days before they toss him to the masses?

I was on my way to Colorado when Manson et al were arrested, I watched this play out on tv for what seemed like years. He gave me the creeps and those girls looked like stoned robots, which I guess they were.

After 11 failed bids for freedom, notorious serial killer Charles Manson, now 77, is up for parole later this month.

The parole board rejected his bid in 2007, saying Manson "continues to pose an unreasonable danger to others and may still bring harm to anyone he would come in contact with."

Manson refused to participate in that hearing, describing himself as a "prisoner of the political system." He also declined to participate in any psychological evaluations in 2007.
[...]

A new photo released by state prison system shows Manson with long, gray hair and a beard. It was released at the request of CNN in advance of next Wednesday's parole hearing.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/05/BAJP1NVEJR.DTL

At the request of CNN, the department provided two photographs of Manson taken in June at the state prison in Corcoran, California. They show Manson, 77, with long, flowing gray hair, long beard and mustache.

Photos are taken of prisoners when they are transferred to other prisons or medical facilities or, in the case of Manson, when an inmate's appearance changes.
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-04-04/...nson-terry-thornton-sharon-tate?_s=PM:JUSTICE

New Prison Photo Of Charles Manson At 77yo
289fpjn.jpg
LOS ANGELES - It is a mug shot for the ages.

Charles Manson, the most notorious mass murderer imprisoned in California and perhaps the nation, stares glumly at a camera, holding his booking number in front of him.

In the latest photo released by the California Department of Corrections, the 77-year-old Manson is gray-haired and gray-bearded, a shadow of the shaggy haired, wild-eyed killer whose visage glared from the covers of magazines in 1969.

He was a cult leader back then, the domineering force behind a rag-tag family of followers who said they killed for him.

Next Wednesday, Manson faces his 12th parole hearing. It could be his last because state law now allows a denial of parole for up to 15 years.

The chances

In this photo taken June 16, 2011, and provided by the California Department of Corrections, Charles Manson is seen in Corcoran, Calif. Manson is scheduled to have a parole hearing at Corcoran State Prison on Wednesday, April 11, 2012. (AP Photo/California Department of Corrections) that he will be released are nil and he has told his jailers that he doesn't plan to attend the hearing. But California Department of Corrections spokeswoman Terry Thornton said he could change his mind at the last minute.
Manson has not attended a parole hearing since 1997, when he rambled on for hours, denying that he had killed anyone and espousing the beliefs that guided his cult.

"I'm not saying that I wasn't involved. I'm saying that I did not break man's law nor did I break God's law. Consider that in the judgments that you have for yourselves. Good day. Thank you," he told the parole board.

Now, 43 years after the world learned his name, Manson is an old man living among a few other notorious killers whose lives would be in
jeopardy if released into the general population at Corcoran State Prison, Thornton said. They are in a protective housing unit and can go outside into a yard.
Even now, Manson is a problem prisoner, having racked up rules violations for receiving smuggled cell phones and for having a homemade weapon in his cell last October.

One thing about Manson has not changed. The swastika he carved in his forehead during his trial is a dark reminder of his past.

Manson was found guilty in seven murders, including the killing of actress Sharon Tate, that stunned the world. Later, he was convicted in two other killings. His trial with three women acolytes was a spectacle that drew international attention.

Manson was depicted as the evil master of murder, commanding a small army of young followers. He and the three women were sentenced to death.
http://www.twincities.com/ci_203370...to-shows-charles-manson-at?source=most_viewed

Back