• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
ult leader Charles Manson has died aged 83 one week after he was admitted to hospital.

The news was confirmed by Debra Tate, the sister of one of his victims - pregnant actress Sharon Tate, who told TMZ she received a call to say he had died.

Tate then told NBC Los Angeles reporter Robert Kovacik: 'This could be the end of an era or just the beginning.'

She added to People: 'I said a prayer for his soul.'

The information was quickly verified by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, which said he died from natural causes at 8.13pm on Sunday at a Kern County hospital.

Earlier this week it was reported he was on his death bed in hospital and sources claimed 'it's just a matter of time.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erial-killer-Charles-Manson-dies-aged-83.html

Last edited:
And exactly what was accomplished by keeping him alive in prison for nearly 50 years? Not a damn thing. They should have executed him after he was convicted and saved a shitload of money. Prison is supposed to be for punishment and rehabilitation. There never was a chance at rehabilitating him.

They should have executed him after he was convicted and saved a shitload of money.

That's not true, it's quite significantly cheaper to incarcerate someone for life than it is to go through with the death penalty. I have never seen any studies that show the contrary.

Here's a summary of different states and how much more it costs to kill someone versus leave them in jail for life:

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

And exactly what was accomplished by keeping him alive in prison for nearly 50 years? Not a damn thing. They should have executed him after he was convicted and saved a shitload of money. Prison is supposed to be for punishment and rehabilitation. There never was a chance at rehabilitating him.

If I remember correctly, he was on death row at the time California stopped executing prisoners, and he had his death sentence commuted and was given life with the opportunity of parole.

If I remember correctly, he was on death row at the time California stopped executing prisoners, and he had his death sentence commuted and was given life with the opportunity of parole.

Exactly. He and the three young women were all sentenced to death, then very shortly thereafter the death penalty was overturned in California.

He was a life long criminal, and spent the vast majority of his life incarcerated from a very young age. I believe in his entire life, he spent about 16 years not incarcerated.

Last edited:
Yep. Honestly (although this may be an unpopular opinion), I believe he was hyped up as some big bad boogeyman capable of stealing away sweet young teenagers and warping their minds to do his bidding. Including of course, brainwashing them to carry out the brutal Tate/LaBianca murders.

Charles Manson played to all the accusations, and seemed to love the attention and relish the panic and fear he was capable of inciting. Suddenly he had a worldwide stage, and he portrayed the killer madman that everyone already thought he was.

Do I think he was a lifelong criminal who was unable to live any kind of normal life after he'd been institutionalized? Yes.

Do I think he should have been convicted of all these murders and been locked away for life, while some of the actual killers are already free? Nah.

Do I think he should have been convicted of all these murders and been locked away for life, while some of the actual killers are already free? Nah.

Actually, none of the Tate-LaBianca killers have ever been freed. One died in prison (Susan Atkins - cancer), and Leslie Van Houten was recently approved for parole, but it was stopped by the governor of California. All who are alive are still in prison.

While Manson did not personally kill any of the Tate-LaBianca victims, he absolutely did orchestrate the murders, and he did participate in the LaBianca murders by choosing the house, entering the house, tying up the victims, and then telling those waiting outside to go in and kill them. He was in no way innocent of those crimes.

Here's a summary of different states and how much more it costs to kill someone versus leave them in jail for life:

I bet other countries that have the death penalty don't spent that much! Leave it to the government to do things the hard way, I bet a wedding planner could organise an execution in less than thirty minutes, and at a fraction of the cost too!

Actually, none of the Tate-LaBianca killers have ever been freed. One died in prison (Susan Atkins - cancer), and Leslie Van Houten was recently approved for parole, but it was stopped by the governor of California. All who are alive are still in prison.

While Manson did not personally kill any of the Tate-LaBianca victims, he absolutely did orchestrate the murders, and he did participate in the LaBianca murders by choosing the house, entering the house, tying up the victims, and then telling those waiting outside to go in and kill them. He was in no way innocent of those crimes.

Heh, it's been awhile since I've read up on any of this. I must have been thinking of Squeaky Fromme, although she was jailed and later released for crimes having nothing to do with these murders.

Here is what Sharon Tate's sister said of Manson's death, which I think speaks volumes...

"People are saying that this should be some kind of relief, but oddly enough, it really isn't," Debra Tate said in a phone interview. "While Charlie may be gone, it's the ones that are still alive that perpetrated everything, and it was up to their imaginations for what brutal things were going to be done. In an odd way, I see them as much more dangerous individuals."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/forgotten-...eacts-charles-mansons-death/story?id=51271042

I bet other countries that have the death penalty don't spent that much! Leave it to the government to do things the hard way, I bet a wedding planner could organise an execution in less than thirty minutes, and at a fraction of the cost too!

Or, I guess we could be like certain countries in Africa, just have a lynch mob bind up suspected criminals with tires filled with gasoline, light them on fire and watch them go! :woot: Civilized AND cost effective!

Here is what Sharon Tate's sister said of Manson's death, which I think speaks volumes...
"People are saying that this should be some kind of relief, but oddly enough, it really isn't," Debra Tate said in a phone interview. "While Charlie may be gone, it's the ones that are still alive that perpetrated everything, and it was up to their imaginations for what brutal things were going to be done. In an odd way, I see them as much more dangerous individuals."

I've never been overly fond of Debra Tate. Her mother was amazing, but Debra always seems annoying to me. I would have thought Manson's death would have been a relief, since none of these crimes would have happened without him, but it is typical of Debra to always be banging the "but wait, there's more" gong.

I've followed this case for decades, and I believe Charles Manson was a truly dangerous person who could never be allowed back into free society for any reason.

Squeaky Fromme,

She's the one that tried to kill President Gerald Ford, but she missed when he fell off the curb in front of him.

Well that last bit is not true, but he certainly did do a lot of falling off of everything.

He should have been caned every day of his miserable life while in prison ..

Regarding his death, I hope they just threw his dead body into an incinerator!

Or, I guess we could be like certain countries in Africa, just have a lynch mob bind up suspected criminals with tires filled with gasoline, light them on fire and watch them go! :woot: Civilized AND cost effective!
In the case of Charles Manson, that would have been appropriate.

Well damn!

Pretend chicky wanna-be-his-wifey didn’t have the chance to marry him!

Now what’s she gonna do for 15 minutes of fame and her image being spread on every news outlet....?

Shucks. :penguin:

Oh wait! Dennis Rader hasn’t croaked yet.
And I’m pretty sure he’s divorced!

th
th
Patricia Krenwinkel was denied parole for the 14th time last December.

th
th
Tex Watson also came up empty when seeking parole in 2016.

th
th
Leslie Van Houten was recommended for parole in 2016 but Gov. Jerry Brown shot it down.

He should have been caned every day of his miserable life while in prison ..

Regarding his death, I hope they just threw his dead body into an incinerator!
the body this is serious because a woman married him to get his body to put it on display after he died. He deserved to be in prison or dead imo, not as bad as ramirez but still a rotter

Charles Manson’s grandson said Monday he regrets never meeting his reviled relative in the flesh — and hopes it's not too late to claim his remains.
“I’m going to move towards having a proper burial,” Jason Freeman, 41, told the Daily News...

Any person concerned with a "proper" burial for Charlie or who mourns not being able to meet him in life should have their DNA compared to any cold cases in the area. Craziness often runs in families.

Oh great, a nutter grandson riding the coattails of a grandfather he's never met in the flesh. Of fucking course he's in Florida. :meh:

Was there ever DNA confirmation?

Charles Manson’s grandson said Monday he regrets never meeting his reviled relative in the flesh — and hopes it's not too late to claim his remains.

“I’m going to move towards having a proper burial,” Jason Freeman, 41, told the Daily News by phone, a day after California prison officials confirmed the cult leader died at a Bakersfield hospital Sunday night.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...on-hopes-give-proper-burial-article-1.3647218
The grandson is a fucking idiot ..

He's 41 years old, if he reallllllllly wanted to meet Charlie, he would have ..
His little blurb is all for shock and awe, nothing more ..

Another one bites the dust
Another one is gone,, Yea Yea yea
What a horrible man
Should have never fed him this long

Huh?
That piece of shit has been living free for the last 50 years ..
More like, the American people are finally free of him ..

Charles Manson was rather like an old, dried up glob hanging from the end of a shit stir stick that couldn't be shaken off. I can only think of one good thing to say about that worthless piece of excrement. He's gone, that's good.

Back