• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man who stabbed his mother 11 times in a "drug-fuelled psychosis" has been jailed for 16 months.

Charles Mann, 21, appeared "manic and deranged" after bingeing on mephedrone, cannabis and alcohol, Hove Crown Court was told.

His mother Emma Mann locked herself in the bathroom of their Haywards Heath home and called police, despite suffering a punctured lung.

Mann admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm at a hearing last month.

He was told he could expect to be freed on licence on or around 7 April, having already served seven months on remand.

Miss Packham [prosecuting] said Mann told officers: "I am a paedophile, I do not want to live. Take me to the light. I can see the vampires."

As he attacked his mother, the court heard, Mann shouted: "This is the prophecy. I love you, but this is the prophecy."

The court heard Mrs Mann had injuries to her back, head, neck and arms, and needed surgery for multiple punctures to one lung and internal bleeding.

Mann also required treatment for serious injuries and spent much of his time under sedation in hospital before being transferred to a psychiatric unit and eventually to Lewes Prison, the court was told.

Sentencing Mann, Judge David Rennie told him he would be helped and monitored upon release.

He said the case was "wholly exceptional" and that the opinion on both sides was Mann would have been "legally insane" at the time he "nearly ended" his mother's life.

Judge Rennie said that if he had been convicted of the original charge of attempted murder or intent to cause grievous bodily harm, he would have been sent to prison for "very many years".

Mrs Mann declined to comment as she left the court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-31698233

I strongly feel there's a HUGE difference between an insane individual who truly does not know what they're doing and a drug addict who is so jacked up by their own choosing who tried to kill their own mother! The consequences of this difference is now this idiot gets to get out after 16 months and has another chance to repeat his actions. I hope his mother has placed a restraining order of some kind against him. If he ends up back at her house she probably won't be able to live the year out.

Latest posts

Back