• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
vonzlv.jpg
mtkz8w.jpg
[...]
Below-par charity organizer pocketed $20,000 from her breast cancer golf tournament's bank account,
[...]
Corinne-Ray Hopkins used the donations — which were supposed to go to a Florida hospital's breast cancer department — on a slew of personal purchases, including a deposit on a new house,
[...]
The Port St. Lucie Sheriff's Office announced Hopkins' arrest Saturday. Earlier in the week, the department posted her photo on its Facebook page as part of a hunt for the not-so-good Samaritan.
[...]
the 59-year-old spent a year taking money from a bank account for "Pars Fore Pink," an annual Florida golf tournament that financially supports breast cancer care at Martin Health System.

The dishonest deductions came during the 2012 tournament — the same year Hopkins started having personal conflicts with some of the other organizers
[...]
That year, the charity promised a $45,000 donation to the hospital. But after the tournament, it only had $23,000 to turn over.
The committee began tracing its steps to figure out the discrepancy. A recent subpoena of the charity's bank records showed Hopkins used the group's debit card to make a slew of personal purchases, totalling $20,000

Hopkins effectively robbed the charity of nearly half of its 2012 donations
[...]
The $20,000's worth of charges included a $15,000 wire transfer, which she used as a deposit on a home in North Carolina, she told investigators.

Sheriffs charged Hopkins with grand theft.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...east-cancer-charity-sheriff-article-1.1946752
beiir.jpg

Hopkins helped run ‘Pars Fore Pink,’ an annual golf tournament that financially supports breast cancer care at a local hospital.​

The dishonest deductions came during the 2012 tournament — the same year Hopkins started having personal conflicts with some of the other organizers
Now I'm wondering if she did this mostly for personal gain, or if she did it mostly just to stick it to the other organizers.

Either way, I hope she gets a little bit of breast cancer.

Back