• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
I very much suspect this story may be up already without names (everybody in it is so very young), so please ask for it to be merged if you see the original.

Two teenagers who kidnapped then "tortured" a girl aged 14 by pouring salt down her throat and making her perform a sex act have been sentenced.

The girl was taken to a Hertfordshire flat last year by the pair, who she did not know, before being made to strip naked and sit in a freezing cold bath.

Caylen Candy and Chyanne Powell, both 18, admitted offences including causing a child to engage in sexual activity and kidnap at St Albans Crown Court.

Candy and Powell, who had been drinking, tried to rob the girl on her way to school before taking her to the flat in Waltham Cross on 24 September, the court heard.

During the kidnap they also put a knife to her throat and cut her hair, the court was told.

Candy, of Leabank Square, Hackney was sentenced to six years and three months in a young offenders' institution.

Powell, from Riverpoint, High Street, Waltham Cross, will serve seven-and-a-half years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-32778084

We Americans will never understand the thought processes behind such lenient sentences for such a crime. It just makes no fucking sense :mad:

We Americans will never understand the thought processes behind such lenient sentences for such a crime. It just makes no fucking sense :mad:

They are going into a young offenders institution because they are theoretically young enough to be malleable and rehabilitated, and there is a limit to how long you can incarcerate young people (or anybody, really) without making them completely unsuited to join society again as productive individuals.

Of course, in this case the horse may have already bolted......

I'm in agreement and they need to update their judicial system because very weird and heinous shit goes on over there.

28CED24600000578-0-image-m-7_1431935726458.jpg

Caylen Candy, 18, of Leabank Square, Hackney
Candy, of Leabank Square, Hackney, was sentenced to six years three months in a Young Offenders Institution after pleading guilty to attempted robbery, assault with intent to rob, kidnap, false imprisonment, two charges of actual bodily harm, causing a child to engage in sexual activity and taking and distributing indecent photographs of a child. She had no previous convictions.

28CED24E00000578-0-image-a-8_1431935729928.jpg

Chyanne Powell, 18, of Riverpoint, High Street, Waltham Cross
Powell, of Riverpoint, High Street, Waltham Cross, was sentenced to seven-and-a-half years, with a three-year extended licence, after pleading guilty to attempted robbery, false imprisonment, three charges of causing actual bodily harm, causing a child to engage in sexual activity, inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, and taking and distributing indecent photographs of a child.

She had previous convictions for street robbery and for wounding when she bit the top off a female cyclist's finger in Birmingham. The judge imposed the three-year licence after ruling that he found her a 'dangerous offender'. It means she can be recalled to custody for three years after the seven-and-a-half sentence has expired if she is considered a danger to the public.
Two others were also sentenced in connection with the incident...

28CED25700000578-0-image-a-10_1431935751210.jpg

Sanjay Kalia, 18, of Macoma Road, Plumstead, south east London
Kalia, of Macoma Road, Plumstead, south east London, was sentenced to five-and-a-half years' detention after pleading guilty to false imprisonment and making and sharing indecent photographs of a child. He had no previous convictions.

28CED25200000578-0-image-a-12_1431935766579.jpg

David Appiah, 21, of New Road, Chingford
Appiah, 21, of New Road, Chingford, was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail, with a three-year extended licence, after being convicted of false imprisonment and causing a child to engage in sexual activity.

He had previous convictions for robbery and having a bladed article. The judge also ruled he was a dangerous offender because of his previous convictions for robbery, assault and possessing weapons.

(Source)

---

Caylen Candy and Chyanne Powell jailed for ‘degrading’ kidnap and ‘torture’ incident
The judge said all four would now be on the sex offenders register for life for their actions.

The judge said all four would now be on the sex offenders register for life for their actions.

Really, how very kind of you judge. These asswipes need to more than just "on the sex offenders registery". These pieces of shit need to be locked up for a loooonnnggg time.

Two teenagers who kidnapped then "tortured" a girl aged 14 by pouring salt down her throat and making her perform a sex act have been sentenced.

The girl was taken to a Hertfordshire flat last year by the pair, who she did not know, before being made to strip naked and sit in a freezing cold bath.

Caylen Candy and Chyanne Powell, both 18, admitted offences including causing a child to engage in sexual activity and kidnap at St Albans Crown Court.
Candy and Powell, who had been drinking, tried to rob the girl on her way to school before taking her to the flat in Waltham Cross on 24 September, the court heard.

During the kidnap they also put a knife to her throat and cut her hair, the court was told.

Candy, of Leabank Square, Hackney was sentenced to six years and three months in a young offenders' institution.

Powell, from Riverpoint, High Street, Waltham Cross, will serve seven-and-a-half years.

Six - Seven years ain't long enough IMO. These little shitheads think it's ok to do something like this. WTF, little psychotic rapists..killers in the making need salt rubbed all over their bodies, then let them lay in the sun with their oozing seeping sores. :devil:

You all have been lax since I've been away....

Sex offender registry...good luck getting a job...you're all fucked now.
I don't think they are the *getting a job type*.

(unrelated to this story. What is your avatar? I have been pondering it for months. I have it narrowed to 2 possibilities, 1 Cruella Daville (cartoon form) 2 a dead skunk road kill (also cartoon form) Am I even close?

Or it could be what it is...the big bad wolf getting his ass served to him by little red.

I'd been wondering the same thing. To me, it was always like one of those optical illusions which could be either of two things depending upon how you look at it. You know, like the skull that is also a lady sitting in front of a mirror?

Man, I am so relieved to finally have the answer.

I'd been wondering the same thing. To me, it was always like one of those optical illusions which could be either of two things depending upon how you look at it. You know, like the skull that is also a lady sitting in front of a mirror?

Man, I am so relieved to finally have the answer.

I know that lady in the mirror...she's trippy!

Back