• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
d4ljo.jpg

Carissa Manning
[...]
has been charged with felony child abuse after accidentally giving methadone to her 6-month-old daughter.
[...]
Carissa Manning, 27, was storing it in a baby bottle and accidentally mixed it with baby formula she fed to her daughter.
[...]
Manning called police when her baby felt cold and wouldn’t wake up.

The baby was taken to Hasbro Children’s Hospital, where she recovered.

The methadone was prescribed to Manning,
[...]
The incident was investigated by Johnston Police and DCYF.

Manning was arraigned
[...]
and released on personal recognizance pending a Sept 24th hearing.

She is order not to have contact with her daughter, who was given to another relative.
http://www.abc6.com/story/26109075/johnston-mom-charged-with-child-abuse

her FB
x6jzwk.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/carissa.manning.75?fref=browse_search

Not saying that I believe her 'excuse' but :banghead: How in the fuck could you possibly think storing a dangerous drug in a baby's bottle is a good idea??

Ugh. She's got a ton of supporters, so wait for a tard defender.
Nope, don't want to hear it.
That shit should have been LOCKED UP and not stored in a baby bottle.

What a dumb cunt. If any of her fucking supporters come here on that bullshit I'm gonna bust a vein. Hell shut the thread down before it even get started coz there is no motherfucking excuse for this shit to happen. Like ever never happen. Stupid druggie bitch.

I was going to ask that I have no clue when it comes to methadone how it comes or anything
If she was allowed for "take homes" she would have to bring her lock box. No exceptions. Either in pill or liquid form they have to be stored in a portable locked box approved by the clinic. If she was not allowed to do that, then its a trip every day to clinic for dose. Im of the thought that she got some "extra" from a friend or dealer, and put it in a baby bottle, cause hey, whos gonna check that for drugs? Could be grape kool aid for the ones who dont know. Assholes do this shit and this is what happens.

If its in a purple pink color how the hell did she not notice the formula didn't look normal. . uhh it wouldn't have still been the normal white creme color when she shook the bottle, right? WTF?This was no accident. . . .shocking she seeked medical attention for her tho . . . . .

Really how can somebody be so complacent with a dangerous medication and infant formula? The standard good house keeping procedure should be all medications located in a location away from food in a secure locked container. Never store medications or alcohol in baby bottles FFS. It really isn't rocket science.

No way was this a mistake. She probably mixed the methadone in the formula hoping it would keep the baby quiet or make her sleep and it had a more drastic effect than she expected.

No way was this a mistake. She probably mixed the methadone in the formula hoping it would keep the baby quiet or make her sleep and it had a more drastic effect than she expected.

I think this is the most logical explanation because it's not unheard of for addict parents to give their children and infants drugs to make them manageable. The methadone dosage for a 6-month old should be ZERO but she went ahead anyhow, did a guesstimate, and gave her too much.

Dumb cunt. This could have been prevented, the pharmacy doesn't make you bring your own container. She should have left it in whatever container it comes in, if she feels she has to hide it that bad then she should have not kept it at home.

If she was getting it for pain she would get a months worth all at once and it would be pills, and it had to be an accident because NO ONE gives their methadone to any one unless you need money really bad for heroin or something:), but accident or not it doesn't matter she is a fuck up either way.

If she was getting it for pain she would get a months worth all at once and it would be pills, and it had to be an accident because NO ONE gives their methadone to any one unless you need money really bad for heroin or something:), but accident or not it doesn't matter she is a fuck up either way.
My late husband received Methadone for pain management that was liquid because he was at a point that he couldn't swallow pills and the liquid works faster since it doesn't have to dissolve. It made him as mean as a harassed rattlesnake after 3 doses. We discontinued it.

Seen it before , heard it before - She's LYYYYYYYYYYYYYING

Methadone in liquid form comes in it's own bottle and she wouldn't have needed to transfer it for it a start, then you wouldn't store it in a baby bottle , even if you did you'd have to get the bottle out of the fridge then make the formula/drink in it, nobody keeps empty baby bottles in the fridge. In it's average dose it comes in a medicine bottle and It's green , plus it smells distinctively. Every junkie I grew up with kept a bottle in the fridge. Right by the door for quick access.

No junkie would waste or lose their methadone, that's precious to them as it gets them through until they can go and shoot up . Heavy drug users don't make mistakes with drugs. Everything else - yeah, but drugs and drug money? No.

The certain type of Junkies like her -there are many different types but essentially this is typical heroin addict behaviour - shouldn't be allowed to have babies and I'm surprised as many survive as they do, the drugs come first and baby best go to sleep , shut up or wait for it's bath, dinner, bottle or anything else it needs because again- the drugs come first, forever and ever and ever.

Just because she's out of head and thinks she makes sense at least we don't have to believe it.

Accident my ass.....
Seen it before , heard it before - She's LYYYYYYYYYYYYYING

Methadone in liquid form comes in it's own bottle and she wouldn't have needed to transfer it for it a start, then you wouldn't store it in a baby bottle , even if you did you'd have to get the bottle out of the fridge then make the formula/drink in it, nobody keeps empty baby bottles in the fridge. In it's average dose it comes in a medicine bottle and It's green , plus it smells distinctively. Every junkie I grew up with kept a bottle in the fridge. Right by the door for quick access.

No junkie would waste or lose their methadone, that's precious to them as it gets them through until they can go and shoot up . Heavy drug users don't make mistakes with drugs. Everything else - yeah, but drugs and drug money? No.

The certain type of Junkies like her -there are many different types but essentially this is typical heroin addict behaviour - shouldn't be allowed to have babies and I'm surprised as many survive as they do, the drugs come first and baby best go to sleep , shut up or wait for it's bath, dinner, bottle or anything else it needs because again- the drugs come first, forever and ever and ever.

Just because she's out of head and thinks she makes sense at least we don't have to believe it.

& your absolutely right about that! That is precisely why I think that this was NO ACCIDENT! Oh come on the whole "I didn't mean to do it" approach is old; you know damn well you did that so your worthless ass didn't have to deal with that sweet baby! & what's with the ring in her lip. It looks like a wart on her face, gross!:wtf:

The methadone was prescribed to Manning
Which means she a fucking junkie. As a general rule liquid methadone is prescribed to addicts for heroin withdraw, methadone in pill form is for pain management.

Yes, I realize there are exceptions to every rule but the thought process is that by giving addicts liquid they can't alter it and snort it or shoot it.

And there is no fucking way on God' green Earth they gave a fucking junkie enough methadone to fill a baby bottle so she had to be buying that shit too. A 6 month old eats what 6 or 8 ounces at a time, junkie aren't given that much methadone to take home for the simple fact that they are fucking junkies and will take it all at once.

I've been a junkie and the thought process is simple, there is no thought, if you have access to something that will get you high you do it and you do all of it without thinking of "rationing" you drugs, fuck that, you'll just buy more.

Last edited:
The dumb bitch could be buying it from ppl who get "take home" doses. Which is possibly the reason she stored it in a baby bottle. I am currently being treated with methadone for addiction to pain pills and when we get our take home bottles A- It's gotta be taken in a lock box. B- The empty bottles have to be brought back to the clinic in order receive the next dose. So if some dip shit is selling theirs they would obviously keep their dosing bottles.

Btw in liquid form 100mgs is less then 1ounce, so it would take very little for a baby to be overdosed and some the ppl where I go are on 100mgs or more. The most I heard someone being on there was 230mgs.

Last edited:
I really don't know that much about methadone except they give it to heroin addicts when they repress. My best friend,(during my heavy drug days & almost ten years ago) overdosed on the drug after she bought some off the street. When we found her the next morning she was bleeding from the ears, mouth & eyes. Gave me nightmares for a long time after. It was a horrible ordeal & we were all devastated by it. I can't imagine a baby 3 weeks premature going through something like that. That situation changed me forever & I vowed at that time I would never do anything beyond a lil' gonja now & then!

I think this is the most logical explanation because it's not unheard of for addict parents to give their children and infants drugs to make them manageable. The methadone dosage for a 6-month old should be ZERO but she went ahead anyhow, did a guesstimate, and gave her too much.

Aha! And one was on the D'D too!
http://www.dreamindemon.com/2013/08/05/grandmother-accused-killing-grandson-rubbing-methadone-gums/

I learned something while Googling this topic: Sometimes addicted babies are prescribed decreasing doses of methadone if they suffer severe neonatal abstinence syndrome. That's something I'd be very afraid to administer myself!

Some babies with severe symptoms need medicine to treat withdrawal symptoms. Medicines may include:
  • Morphine
  • Methadone
The doctor may prescribe the infant a drug similar to the one the mother used during pregnancy and slowly decrease the dose over time. This helps wean the baby off the drug and relieve some withdrawal symptoms. Breastfeeding may also be helpful.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007313.htm

If going to a Methadone clinic, don't they have to take their dose right then and there? I have a great-nephew who was born addicted to Methadone and he had to go through the decreasing doses treatment. The mother was given the option to do it at home or to let the baby stay in the hospital so the nurses could give it to him. My niece was so tormented by what she had done to her baby that she opted to let the nurses give it to him. BTW, her son has various health problems, included being "slow" and perhaps autistic. :(
I believe she was buying some "take homes" and since the seller had to show the clinic their empty bottles, she would just poor it into the baby bottle. But, what kind of idiot could accidentally mix it with the formula? I never mixed anything (Maybe water) with formula I gave my babies. I'm going with the theory that she wanted the baby to sleep. Stupid is as stupid does.

Aha! And one was on the D'D too!
http://www.dreamindemon.com/2013/08/05/grandmother-accused-killing-grandson-rubbing-methadone-gums/

I learned something while Googling this topic: Sometimes addicted babies are prescribed decreasing doses of methadone if they suffer severe neonatal abstinence syndrome. That's something I'd be very afraid to administer myself!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007313.htm
morphine is also given to babies born to moms who are on a methadone program. It sometimes takes a month for that to be complete. In the hospital. Im wondering how she wasnt on the cps alert as the hospital will take the babies first poop and test it. That stuff holds EVERYTHING a mom has done. And nowadays pregnant mothers are damned if they do..damned if they dont with methadone. If they are pregnant, they have to take it or the fetus dies. People who are trying to end addiction to heroin, take methadone, are treated like shit, worse if pregnant . Cps usually jumps in and either takes the baby when born or is all over the mom with the threat they will take the baby.
This lady has made it really bad for the ones who are trying.

At the clinic I go to ppl are "phased". Phase 1= one take home per wk. which is Sunday the only day clinic closes beside holidays. Phase 2= 2 take Homes per wk and 3=3. When they get to 4 then it's 6 take homes a wknd. Think there's 8 phases, the last phase is when ppl only come in once a month for doses, and counseling.They also do random "call backs" for everyone which is were you have to bring in your dose box and take that days dose in front of them and to show you have all that's supposed to be there, they check if the bottles been tampered with, measure the amount in each bottle, and have you give a supervised urine sample.

what's with the ring in her lip. It looks like a wart on her face, gross!

Agree - all I could think of is Uncle Buck and the ' Moley Russells Wart' scene.

I checked out her facebook, full of fake inspirational lame quotes and woe is me but I'm a fighter pity posts. Bleragh.:yuck:

Manning called police when her baby felt cold and wouldn’t wake up.

I think everybody is spot on with the suspicions she should not have had the methadone in the first place and that she dosed the baby on purpose. I am just glad she was not so focused on covering up her actions that she didn't get the baby to hospital in time. Means there is hope for her, surely?

Back