• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A Michigan woman kept her disabled adult sister locked in a closet for six or seven years with little food, water or clothing and only a bucket for urination, authorities said Friday.

Candy Lawson, 44, of Corunna, is charged with unlawful imprisonment, vulnerable adult abuse and embezzlement from a vulnerable adult, Shiawassee County's chief assistant prosecutor Daniel Nees told The Associated Press. Court records said she posted bond after an initial hearing Thursday.

A not guilty plea was entered on her behalf. The District Court in Corunna, 65 miles northwest of Detroit, said Friday that Lawson didn't yet have a lawyer on record.

Police visited Lawson's home July 9 for a welfare check following an anonymous tip and found the 42-year-old sister, who has "cognitive and physical impairments," locked in a closet suffering from malnourishment and dehydration, Nees said. Police said she was hospitalized for about a week before being placed in protective custody.

"When I saw the victim ... I've been in police for 35 years and never seen an adult abuse case of that type," Corunna police Chief Nick Chiros told The Argus-Press of Owosso.

Chiros said a handyman reported finding the woman locked up. Police determined that she lived in confinement for about a month in Corunna, and before that in the Shiawassee County community of Laingsburg as well as Kentucky, the newspaper reported.

Lawson's adult daughter and her boyfriend, along with their two children, also lived at the Corunna home, Chiros said. Child Protective Services was investigating whether to remove the children, but police and prosecutors said no one else was expected to face charges.

A court conference is scheduled for Aug. 26, the court said, and a hearing to determine if the case goes to trial has been set for Sept. 1, but that could be delayed. The unlawful imprisonment and vulnerable adult abuse charges both are punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
http://news.yahoo.com/authorities-woman-kept-disabled-sister-closet-years-142829711.html

Why would you do that to someone? Wait wait... I know. Money. :facepalm: that was silly of me! I can only imagine what that younger sister went through- not just physically, but emotionally, trying to reconcile the idea of her sister treating her so horribly. :( that makes me really sad.

But something that makes me laugh? Candy Lawson is one really ugly bitch! Not just inside, but outside, too! True, her horrible inside makes her look a billion times worse, and I'm thinking that the lighting for mug shots is probably pretty shitty, so double-whammy there...

I've put these pics side by side... Do you think they're both her (at different times- more tattoos in one pic than in other)? If not, then that's friggin amazing (scary) that there are two Candy's with star neck tats out there running around! :wideyed:

First of all, THAT is 44 years old! Damn! With neck tats and a nose ring with hair that looks like she was interrupted during her weekly lice comb out. And B. I don't understand why the other adults in the house haven't been charged, you can't keep an adult in a closet without everybody in the house knowing about it. And III-here's the basic reason why she was kept locked up:

The embezzlement from a vulnerable adult charge, which Nees said stems from public benefits that should have gone to the 42-year-old sister, could lead to a five-year sentence.

That 5 years plus the 15 from unlawful imprisonment and vulnerable adult charges, maybe just maybe she will never be inflicted on the public again.

Aarrgh, jeez...another one of these super-deluxe fugly bitches taking selfies to show the world how great she thinks she looks...:vomit:...and living in a self-absorbed bubble because nothing else matters.

I am the mom of 2 Autistic sons. I could NEVER imagine anyone doing something like this. Not only am I disgusted, I am appalled to "house her in prison"....She should be chained and locked in a closet!! Maybe some rats and acid........PS, anyone know where her sister is??

I'm appalled the other two adults in the home are not being charged. They had two kids of their own and allowed this to continue to happen in front of them. How normal is that! I'm curious to know how they all rationalized how they treated this poor woman. I hope they never get to see her again. It was all about the money,

Well I hope Candy enjoys small, confined spaces because hopefully she's going to get a taste of her own putrid medicine.
And I hope all of her new friends find all of her neck tattoos delicioso! :D (sorry to anyone with highly visible neck tattoos, but they make me laugh, I can't help it. One of my best girlfriends here in Maine has a dainty one on the side/back of her neck, and I don't even notice it! Others, though, you can't miss! And THOSE are hilarious!)

Aarrgh, jeez...another one of these super-deluxe fugly bitches taking selfies to show the world how great she thinks she looks...:vomit:...and living in a self-absorbed bubble because nothing else matters.
I wouldnt be taking selfies if I were her shes fucking ugly with the blond hair and makeup too! there are things you should quit doing while in your 40's quit taking selfies and dress appropriate

for your age. And the piercings I know I have seen a few ugly bitchs who have there tongue pierced and stick it out I guess so you know its pierced and they obviously dont know how gross it looks i guess they want to show it off. she looks like shes done way to many drugs or drinking she looks horrible for 44! And what a wicked witch for locking her sister up like that, I watched the wizard of oz this morning btw.

Last edited:
I have a heart with my late husband's initials in it on the nape of my neck right at the hair line, unless my hair is up you can't see it. It's also the only one I could get colored in, that crap HURT!

It's also the only one I could get colored in, that crap HURT!
I fell asleep when they did the back of my neck, I have stars in the colors of my kids' birthstones down the back of my neck, 4 of them. I thought it felt good. But, I guess I'm a bit weird.

Here's the thing with my neck tattoo, I too have long hair, it's the back of my neck AND it's for my children. You don't like it? :finger: Don't fucking look at me then.

I have a total of 4, two on my chest above my breasts, one each side and one medium sized one on my back of a fairy siting on a moon, that one was supposed to be a line drawing, but the rest was supposed to be colored in, I watched them color one of John's and I said Hell to the NO! I only agreed to color in the heart because it's only about the size of a quarter! So long story short, I'm a chicken shit and I know it.

I have a lot of tattoos for the average professional; head, both feet, 75% of my back and the back of my neck, but mostly except for the back of the neck cause I have short hair now, you can't see any of them. They are all on the back of my body, so I don't have to see them when I look in the mirror, and people look at me for myself not the tattoos. My arms are tattoo free. A woman with tattoos, not a tattooed woman. Both my kids say they are never getting tattoos or pierced.

Thank god that woman survived. She must have been so frightened... or maybe she just learned how to cope. People can survive the craziest things sometimes; we're stronger than we know.

I read this headline thinking, "Oh, no, not another neglect death." Because I see this kind of thing all the time during my research.

Apparently there's more to this story....

Police Searching for Abuse Suspect's Missing Siblings

Candy's brother, whom she also cared for, died in 2009. He died of protein calorie malnutrition, weighing only 60 pounds. The case was closed after two years, the death declared natural, and Candy moved with her remaining sister to Michigan.

Now I'm even more sad for Diana. Can you imagine, knowing the person who neglected your deceased brother is still the only person you can depend on for daily care? Diana is described as "deaf, mute, intellectually disabled", and Candy must have found it relatively easy to shut her up. Nobody should have to live like that. At least she's safe now.

Reminds me of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, one of the BEST horror movies of all time.

I hope she didn't feed her pet bird to her.

Apparently there's more to this story....

Police Searching for Abuse Suspect's Missing Siblings

Candy's brother, whom she also cared for, died in 2009. He died of protein calorie malnutrition, weighing only 60 pounds. The case was closed after two years, the death declared natural, and Candy moved with her remaining sister to Michigan.

Now I'm even more sad for Diana. Can you imagine, knowing the person who neglected your deceased brother is still the only person you can depend on for daily care? Diana is described as "deaf, mute, intellectually disabled", and Candy must have found it relatively easy to shut her up. Nobody should have to live like that. At least she's safe now.
How can someone act so horribly during the day and then get all gussied up and hit the town (I'm reading a lot into that first picture of her)? How could she look people in the eye and act like a normal person?

January 13, 2017

Good, I hope they throw the book at her now.

A 46-year-old woman accused of keeping her sister locked in a closet for six years rejected a final plea agreement from prosecutors Friday and will go through with a Feb. 14 jury trial.

Candy Juanita Lawson, of Corunna, rejected an offer from prosecutors in which she would plead guilty to one count of unlawful imprisonment in exchange for all other charges to be dropped.

http://www.argus-press.com/news/community/corunna/article_58494c00-d9f5-11e6-a5af-ab2229e7cf9c.html

Candy Juanita Lawson, of Corunna, rejected an offer from prosecutors in which she would plead guilty to one count of unlawful imprisonment in exchange for all other charges to be dropped.

Well ain't she just special and not in a good way. She's going down for all the charges now, but really that's what she deserves, now ain't it?

Back