1. Before creating a thread in the Reality Bites forums, please read the following guidelines so you do not risk the wrath of the administrators and possibly lose the privilege of creating threads. We want everyone to take part in spreading the shitty news, but let's do it in a way that keeps Morbid from fielding takedown notices.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you tried signing up and were receiving the following message: "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." Please retry as this was being caused by an outdated plugin.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox
    Dismiss Notice

FRONT PAGE Camera Captures Man Trying To Abduct Boy At Children’s Wrestling Competition

Discussion in 'In The Mean Time' started by Morbid, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Morbid

Morbid Big Daddy Yum Yum Staff Member

Credit:
    $47,835.49
    [​IMG]
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – Police have released surveillance camera footage of a man trying to abduct an eight-year-old boy at a youth wrestling competition in Oklahoma City.

The incident happened on Friday at the United States Junior Open Wrestling Championship at the State Fair Park.

That’s where a man wearing a baseball cap and padded jacket, was doing some shopping and settled on an 8-year-old boy outside the Jim Norick Arena’s main entrance.

When the man picked the boy up from behind and tried carrying him off, the kid began kicking and screaming until the man figured the kid wasn’t worth all this hassle and let him go before running off.

The Oklahoma City Police Department released footage from the incident in hopes of identifying the man, described as six-feet-tall and heavy-set. They are asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at (405) 235 7300 or leave a tip online at www.okccrimetips.com.

People commenting on the Oklahoma PD’s Facebook post about this incident say there were more than 2,000 children at the event, and that parents are rarely on the competition floor because of the $50 floor pass.

“Not all parents can afford to pay $50 to get a pass to stand on the floor with your kid while they are wrestling,” one commenter posted. “So when they are done the kid walks back upstairs to their family.”

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

• Thanks Thanks x 9
  2. Mata Hari

Mata Hari Dirty Gutter Bitch Bold Member!

Credit:
    $29,989.81
    Holy shit. Sure hope they find this fucker before he actually gets a kid.

So the 8yr old was a wrestler?

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. lithiumgirl

lithiumgirl Pretty Nice Troll Bold Member!

Credit:
    $78,470.83
    Every children's event should have extra security on account that you know molesters are going to show up...of course they are, they ain't hanging out in nursing homes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 1
  4. sgr1966

sgr1966 Active Member

Credit:
    $843.77
    So scary, my sons 2 oldest kids, 9 and 7, are into wrestling and go to competitions. Go Newfane!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Show The Love Show The Love x 1
  5. zzouy

zzouy Active Member

Credit:
    $1,417.70
    I take my kid out to those playplace gym thingies. NO parents on the floor but they give kids and the parent matching ID bracelets and have secured exit/ entrances. You'd think they'd do something similar, at least the little ones. Those events are usually a cluster f though

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. cubby

cubby Live Long and Prosper Bold Member!

Credit:
    $141,443.24
    https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/terrifying-moment-man-tried-abduct-130759620.html

An 8yo is a pretty big kid to try to carry out.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. robin299

robin299 Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $15,408.79
    Thank god he got away.... This abductor needs to be found and locked away.. His next victim may not get so lucky!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. DIAFplease

DIAFplease Entitlement Cow Bold Member!

Credit:
    $47,345.80
    Just told my son about this last night. I said the boy got away because he fought. Then his sisters went on to reiterate what I've been telling them their whole lives about strangers and the shit they say or do to try to fool children. Too often kids trust adults without question because they are conditioned their entire lives to obey.

Any news on this guy?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. DaggerLawless

DaggerLawless Ultimate Power Member

Credit:
    $247.29
    If I was that kid I just would have reversed his hold into am arm bar, transition into a rear naked choke (but only cause someone would yell "Giv'em the sleeper!") And then when I was satisfied he was out cold I would ascend to the top ropes for a massive SENTON BOMB!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 1
  10. CbabyRKO

CbabyRKO Trumperdink Mussolini Bold Member!

Credit:
    $53,766.18
    I have an 8yo boy and I can tell you short of being a damn ninja you really arent gonna be able to kidnap him. He goes limp if if he thinks youre trying to tickle him and he's wriggly as fuck and heavy. So trying to run off with a struggling 55lb kid is not something you just gonna get away with unnoticed.
    I hope they catch this man before he tries to snatch another unsuspecting little booger eater. He's bold ass fuck to be trying this shit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JackBurton

JackBurton Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $40,912.44
    At first i thought the guy was just a dumbass who wasn't very good at the whole kidnappin thing. But this actually is a pretty cunning way to go about it. You're in a huge public place with a huge number of kids, it is not uncommon to see some tantrum throwing kid kickin and screamin as his dad is carrying him off or reprimanding him or the like. This may not have been the brazen, dimwitted desperatte attempt it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1