• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ScarlettHarlot

Middlesbrough, UK

It was a case for 'special branch' when two burglars hid up a tree after a house raid - then tried to pretend they had nothing to do with their crimes.

A police helicopter tracked down the hapless pair using heat-seeking cameras - and found them 25-ft up a conifer in a back garden.

Peter McGlade, 48, and Michael Mather, 25, claimed they had nothing to do with the night-time break-in, despite leaving their shoes, dark clothes, neck tubes, gloves and a black torch in the shrubbery. The pair had also left tell tale clues from their footwear at crime scenes.

The dopey duo - who came down half-dressed - said they “were just passing” when they decided to climb a tree in a back garden.

Professional burglar McGlade was jailed for seven years and Mather was given four years and nine months after a judge found they showed no remorse.

The court heard how £60,000 worth of property was stolen during 21 raids over seven weeks across Teesside and Co Durham. The spree came to an end when the two men were seen with ladders, trying to get through a window and neighbours in Middlesbrough called police in March.
9fp155.jpg

Peter McGlade, 48, and Michael Mather, 25.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/burglars-caught-hiding-up-25ft-6607946

These two twits, I swear. At least citizens can rest a little easier now that their 21 count thieving spree is over. Hopefully, Lady Karma will give *them* a pinch in the pokey. :smuggrin:

"...in the shrubbery..."

“First you must find... another shrubbery! Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here, beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two layer effect with a little path running down the middle. ("A path! A path!") Then, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forrest... with... a herring!” :hilarious:

Graham Chapman

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

@gatekeeper, that was my husband's favorite movie, he and his brother could act out most of it, even the trotting around the house on the stick pony. They were hilarious. Thanks!

LOL! Omg, I'd have loved to have seen them. I bet it was a stitch. One of my all time faves, too!

Momentary off topic intermission dedicated to Mr. & Mrs. @cubby :

Perfect!!!

Tis but a scratch, I've had worse,

What are ya gonna do? Bleed on me?

Brothers!:rolleyes:

Back