• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
And so it begins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...lipping-robot-replaces-humans-first-day-work/
Capture-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.PNG

[....]
Flippy has mastered the art of cooking the perfect burger and has just started work at CaliBurger, a fast-food chain.

The robotic kitchen assistant, which its makers say can be installed in just five minutes, is the brainchild of Miso Robotics.

“Much like self-driving vehicles, our system continuously learns from its experiences to improve over time,” said David Zito, chief executive officer of Miso Robotics.

[....]
our proprietary AI software allows our kitchen assistants to be adaptable and therefore can be trained to help with almost any dull, dirty or dangerous task in a commercial kitchen — whether it's frying chicken, cutting vegetables or final plating.”

Cameras and sensors help Flippy to determine when the burger is fully cooked, before the robot places them on a bun. A human worker then takes over and adds condiments.

[....]
Flippy robots will be introduced at CaliBurgers next year, with the aim of installing them in 50 of their restaurants worldwide by the end of 2019.

CaliBurger say the benefits include making “food faster, safer and with fewer errors”.

They should try making a robot that can run the country efficiently. Robot Reagan. Burgers in California aren't a problem in this world. I know this because I have never turned on the news in the morning and thought 'For the love of God, why wasn't that burger flipped out west?'

No. When I turn on the news? I often think 'For the love of God, somebody flip that fucking toupee over already!' Kinda like flipping over a seat cushion. That hasn't been flipped since 1984. On the bright side? He does appear to be Russian to the unemployment line at a record pace. So there's that.

Latest posts

Back