• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
When asked why the hell not, she replied that they'd had unprotected sex lots of time without her getting pregnant. Fortunately, in her case the baby's daddy seems to be an amazingly mature 19-yr-old
Obviously, not mature enough. With teens it's the "Oh, that won't happen to me" years. They know enough about sex ed to know they ought to use birth control. They just don't think it will happen to them.
Just like teens also have great confidence in their driving skills.

I'm still very confused as to these "other people" that most likely knew she was pregnant. Specifically her parents, how could they not know living in the same house???

I second the motion that it could have been her father's baby.

I have a very thin friend who showed almost nothing when she was pregnant. She didn't even get new clothes. It had to do with where she carried the baby. My other friend was chunky and had twins. She got big, but more wide than a pregnant belly. She wasn't huge before she got pregnant, but you could have thought maybe she was just fat, when it was mostly baby. It'd be interesting to see photos of Skylar during those 9 months.

Yes, very interesting.

People can carry differently and/or not gain enough weight to look significantly different, but still! When my babies pushed against me in the later months, you could literally see the outline of a little foot or elbow on my belly. Okay, she's going to keep her shirt on, but even then you could see my belly/shirt move when they kicked! And they were pretty small babies. I can't imagine no one spotting that, ever.

No morning sickness? No fatigue? No faintness? Lucky girl. Lucky, dumb ass, murdering girl.

A whole lotta denial going on in this family. They did not know she was pregnant, but they know the baby was stillborn.
http://www.journal-news.com/news/re...d-had-eating-disorder/pEAYXyooXfNcVUvtLoIKCN/

The Carlisle teen charged with aggravated murder for allegedly killing, burning, and burying her newborn baby delivered a stillborn baby and suffered from an eating disorder, according to her extended family members who recently spoke with Cincinnati magazine.

The magazine interviewed several relatives of Brooke Skylar Richardson, 18, and they said she is innocent of the charges and the baby was not born alive, but rather stillborn.

[...]
The relatives, the magazine said, also are upset and frustrated by the Warren County Sheriff’s Office and Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell. Judge Donald Oda II issued a gag order on Aug. 10 restricting the lawyers, Richardson and her parents, the Warren County Sheriff, the county coroner, and the clerk of courts from publicly talking about the case.

[...]
When the Carlisle cheerleader began putting on weight this past year, family members were relieved she was healthy and were hesitant to comment or inquire further, the article said.

It's a sad thing when parents are so afraid for their children they become afraid of them, afraid getting involved. Just when they should be snooping and asking questions.

[...]

[Brooke Skylar Richardson's family] have watched the intense news coverage and demonization of Richardson on social media as a “murderer” and “baby killer.” They have heard the questions, the gossip, the speculation, and endured the intrusive curiosity seekers and protestors. Reporters have followed them, parked outside their homes, and called them repeatedly.

They are exhausted by the upheaval in their once normal lives, but also upset and frustrated by what they describe as one-sided, unfair coverage and questionable behavior by the Warren County Sheriff’s Office and Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell. Judge Donald Oda II issued a gag order on August 10 restricting the lawyers, Richardson and her parents (Scott and Kimberly), the Warren County Sheriff, the county coroner, and the clerk of courts from publicly talking about the case. [...]

Richardson’s maternal and paternal grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins shared their feelings at the home of Jay and Vanessa, Richardson’s aunt and uncle who requested we use only their first names. They all maintain that Richardson, who goes by the name Skylar, is innocent of the charges and that the baby was not born alive, but rather was stillborn, as initial reports suggested. They claim that no one in the family other than Richardson was aware she was pregnant, and after delivering the stillborn child at her family home, she was scared and blamed herself, so she buried the body in the backyard. They agree that the disposal of the stillborn baby was improper, but that Richardson’s crimes do not come close to the charges of murder.

The family says that at a routine appointment at the Hilltop OB-GYN, Richardson told her doctor that she had given birth to a stillborn baby. Investigators were tipped off on July 14. The family claims that Warren County Police brought Richardson in for questioning that day, which she did without requesting a lawyer. The family also says that Richardson admitted to police the pregnancy and burial of a stillborn baby, and showed them where in the yard behind the house she had buried it. They say Richardson also turned over her phone to investigators.

After further questioning on July 20, Richardson was arrested and charged with reckless homicide. The family claims that police told Richardson that, according to an autopsy, her baby was born alive and that she had dismembered and burned the body—all accusations the family maintains are not true.

“Skylar is a pleaser, and she was already blaming herself about the baby being stillborn,” says Vanessa. “She kept wrestling with the distressing idea that she may have somehow caused the baby to be born stillborn, and I think investigators twisted that around to prove that she is guilty of murder.”

“When they questioned her, I would say that they took her apart,” Jay adds.

[...]

“Every day, Kimberly and Scott are living with the fact that they didn’t get an attorney from day one,” says Jay. “They constantly wonder if things would have turned out differently.”

On August 4, Fornshell announced in a televised press conference—prior to the gag order—that after a grand jury indictment, the initial charge had been upgraded to aggravated murder, a special felony, and involuntary manslaughter, child endangering, tampering with evidence, and gross abuse of a corpse. He declined to ask for the death penalty, instead seeking life in prison for the aggravated murder charges and potentially long sentences for the other felonies. He said that Richardson gave birth to a full-term baby who was born alive. He alleged that Richardson then “purposely caused” the death of the infant, who was subsequently burned and buried, and that the cause of death will never be determined due to the burning and decomposition. [...] Judge Oda, who did not view Richardson as a flight risk, set bond at $50,000, despite Fornshell’s request of $1 million. Richardson was released on bond that afternoon and placed on house arrest.

When asked by a reporter during the August 4 press conference whether Richardson’s parents knew about the pregnancy, Fornshell claimed that “a significant number of people in her life likely had a strong suspicion” she was pregnant before the birth, later adding, “I mean she is 38 to 40 weeks pregnant at the prom, which is two days before this happened, wearing fairly tight attire. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out.”

The family disputes this assertion. “Every single female member of our family is hurting, they are all beating themselves up over that,” says Jay. “They never guessed and they would have supported her.”

[...]

When she began putting on weight this past year, family members were relieved that she was healthy and were hesitant to comment or inquire further. Everyone admired how “curvy” and “beautiful and radiant” she looked in her prom dress.

IMG_5628-1_crop.png

About the prom dress, Vanessa now admits, “In hindsight she does have a bump. We are hating ourselves for that now. But at the time, we just thought she was eating good and not making herself throw up.”

Family members are also doubtful that the baby, which the prosecution states was born between May 6-7, was full term; they claim that Richardson herself did not know she was pregnant until shortly before she gave birth, and experienced sporadic menstrual cycles all through the pregnancy. Her body, already abused by the eating disorders, had long menstruated erratically. And Vanessa refutes the allegation that the baby was burned. “Skylar couldn’t have started the fire,” she says. “Were the bones really charred as they say? They have to prove that there were char marks on the bones.”

[Family attoney] Rittgers has denied that Richardson killed her baby, saying he has seen no evidence that “supports the prosecutor’s claim.” He said the defense would hire its own independent experts to examine the baby’s remains. “She is a good person. A high honors student. She has never been in any trouble of any kind,” Rittgers said to the press, prior to the gag order. “She didn’t drink. She wasn’t a partier or a smoker. By all measures, she is a good girl who helped children,” referencing her work at a day care and with the local YMCA.

[Its been my experience "good girls" don't burn and bury babies]

Fornshell also said that one of the motivating factors in the murder, in his opinion, was that Richardson wanted to preserve her “good girl” image, another false and misleading narrative according to the family.

“This is 2017 in America. There is no stigma about unwed mothers, and it’s common these days,” says Vanessa. “There is so much love in our family. Skylar has so much support. We have a lot of young children in our family. This would not have been a problem.”

[...]

“I think it is extremely unprofessional for the prosecutor to tweet and Facebook share news of the case. He has made the public think that [Richardson] is a terrible person and she’s not,” says Jay. “All this publicity will hurt her. All our lives, we have been a family who have worked hard at our jobs and built stable lives. We have solid reputations and now everyone just looks down at us.”

[Any damage to your family's reputation was done by your daughter, you know, that one that burned and buried her baby even though being an unwed mother in 2017 is cool.]

[...]
http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/citywiseblog/family-sheds-new-light-brooke-skylar-richardson-case/

Last edited:
th
Thought bubble here is, "Damn that baby all to hell and if they hadn't found it I'd dig that baby up and set it on fire all over again for all the inconvenience it has caused me."

If the body of the baby was burned...she deserves to go to prison for life. I am more apt to feel for a teen girl who freaked out...was terrified and buried a stillborn baby. Based on the charges I'm going out on a limb here thinking the prosecutors have evidence that this child was alive and breathing until killed and definitive evidence of the burning/charring. With the gag orders its a wait and see folks.

“Were the bones really charred as they say? They have to prove that there were char marks on the bones.”

It's hard for me to even read that, how can you say that knowing you're talking about what could have been your grandchild. Talking about charred bones of your grandchild, as if it's a broken nail or something.

There is no point in burning and burying a dead baby. Only live babies make noises and bring the folks in looking for it. Why did she go to the OBGYN afterwards, was she worried about her boo boos?

This family is fucked ... the excuses, the denial ... blah blah blah ... poor us ... the girl had an eating disorder ... is a murderer and some kind of spectacular secret keeper. She hated herself and they try to make us sound like their family was a healthy one at all. I'd love to punch both her parents in the face. Who is the father of thus baby anyway?

Brooke Skylar Richardson, 19, who has been accused of killing her newborn baby daughter and burying the body is being taken off house arrest pending her trial.

Richardson has pleaded not guilty to charges of aggravated murder, child endangerment, tampering with evidence, and gross abuse of a corpse.

Richardson allegedly killed her baby in May 2017 before burning the body and burying it in her backyard just days after her senior prom.

On Monday a Warren County Judge ruled that Richardson could now leave her house in Carlisle from the hours of 7am to 9pm each day.

Along with the curfew, she will be monitored with a GPS and receive random drug tests and unannounced home visits.

The teen's trial was scheduled to begin earlier this month, but has been delayed due to a dispute over whether certain medical records should be allowed as evidence.

Richardson's attorneys want to stop prosecutors from presenting testimony from an OB/GYN practice's medical staff, citing physician-patient privilege.

Prosecutors are arguing that the privilege doesn't apply in this case.

Richardson's trial will remain delayed while an appeals court weighs the issue.

The charred remains of the teen's child were found buried at her home on July 14 after police received a tip from a concerned OB/GYN who said she may have delivered a stillborn baby.

After unearthing the remains, experts concluded that the baby had been born alive in May and was killed before it was buried.

Continued at Link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...egedly-killed-newborn-taken-house-arrest.html

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/09...g-newborn-didnt-want-to-be-a-mom-prosecutors/

Appeals court.
Warren County prosecutors say a conversation Richardson had with one of her doctors, that she buried the remains in the backyard, which prompted him to call the police, is not privileged because of a doctor’s duty to report abuse, neglect or other harm to a child.

The hearing lasted roughly an hour but it could take weeks if not months for a ruling to be handed down. Presiding Judge Stephen Powell did call the case a serious matter and said the court would render an opinion as expeditiously as possible.

The Ohio cheerleader accused of killing her newborn and burying it in the backyard suffered a major blow to her defense after a court ruled she won't be able to prevent her doctors from testifying.

An Ohio appeals court rejected arguments from attorneys representing Skylar Richardson, the teen mom who is on trial for murder.

Richardson's lawyers said that the cheerleader's conversations with her doctor were protected by doctor-patient privilege and was thus inadmissible in court.

But a court rejected that argument, according to Fox 19.

It was the doctor who tipped off police about a baby buried in a backyard.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...MISSED-claiming-doctor-patient-privilege.html

Eating disorders usually occur when there’s nothing else in life you feel like you can control. I bet she felt she always had to be perfect or pretty or whatever, and there’s no way being a teenage mom would fit that scenario. Serious denial can occur, so a baby just becomes an obstacle in your path.

Squirmy thingie was in the way so squirmy thingie had to go.

Back