• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

n0longerinuse

169x300

Brian Rinda
ST. PETERSBURG — Police have arrested a man they say destroyed toilets in fast-food restaurants across the city as part of a metal recycling scheme.

Brian Rinda, 28, allegedly stole flushing handles and pipes, [...] traded the brass parts for between $36 and $40 at the county recycling center. [...] cause as much as $1,000 in damage when he broke the toilets, according to St. Petersburg police reports.

Authorities suspect Rinda in thefts from numerous locations in St. Petersburg, including Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Publix, Subway, Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans restaurants and Albert Whitted Park.

Detectives used records from the recycling center and surveillance video from the restaurants to identify Rinda, police said. He faces nine counts of theft.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...et-parts-from-fast160food-restaurants/2202592

a metal recycling scheme.
Really? We call that scrapping around here. Collecting scrap metal to sell to the scrap yards. I've made some good money doing it legally.

Copper wire is the most frequently stolen around me. Now though I will sit back and wait for the reports of broken toilets at the fast food restaurants after reading this...

All that work for between $36-40! I read this stuff and it boggles my mind why these people just don't get a regular job and make more money for less work. He looks totally normal in his mug shot!

All that work for between $36-40! I read this stuff and it boggles my mind why these people just don't get a regular job and make more money for less work. He looks totally normal in his mug shot!

He is probably not the sort who can keep a job for very long at a time. All this turning up on time and staying there for 8 hours is likely too much for him. That is if he can even get a job in the first place with his record.

Back