• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2uhsg39.jpg

Brian Scott Hord​
Police in Gastonia say a man is behind bars after he murdered his wheelchair-bound roommate and dismembered his body inside their apartment.
According to the Gastonia Police Department, officers describe the crime as "shocking."

Officers were called out to the 1100 block of Little Avenue, just off of Airline Road, around 10:30 PM Tuesday night, when a woman told them of a possible crime at an apartment.

According to investigators, they knocked on the door of the end unit and 33-year-old Brian Scott Hord answered the door.

After Hord let officers inside the home, they found the body of 68-year-old Richard Lee Gentry in a back room.

Gastonia Police Department Captain Steve Duncan says Gentry's body was dismembered and found wrapped in plastic sheeting.
He had been hit with a blunt object perhaps several times,
[....]
and then dismembered the body with a hacksaw in an attempt to hide the murder.
Gentry was wheelchair-bound and had only one leg
[....]
Gastonia police said Hord called his ex-girlfriend hours after the murder occurred, and told her what happened. She was the one who apparently called officials.

"He's actually mentioned it before about doing it," she tells the 911 dispatcher, "and he said he's has just not gotten up the courage to do it."
[....]
Hord was taken into police custody and charged with first degree murder around 1:25 a.m. Wednesday morning. He was also charged with theft of a financial card.
Hord made his first court appearance Wednesday afternoon in a Gaston County Court. He appeared calm as he was led into the courtroom in handcuffs. District Attorney Locke Bell read the charges against him and told the judge the state has yet to decide whether to seek the death penalty.
[....]
http://www.wbtv.com/story/23274458/gastonia-man-charged-with-killing-roommate?hpt=ju_bn4

I wouldn't be claiming I dated that,ugly and crazy and not good combos.I have that about matches that one: dated a guy for about 6 months then looked up at the TV in a patients room about 5 years later and he had joined a white supremacist group and beat a black guy to death under a bridge.They had a HBO special about the group he joined around the same time.Never saw that coming,one the nicer guys I've dated but was removed from his mom's home b/c step-dad beat him with boards.When he told me that my 16 yo brain was like,OK...cool,let's get some beer.Never heard him say anything racist though.Do remember he poured Karo syrup on me wanting to try some edible things during sex.Ever tried to wash Karo syrup out of really long hair? Plus it tastes like shit anyway..

OvGm3nV.jpg

A man accused of killing and dismembering his disabled roommate could face the death penalty.

Brian Scott Hord was brought into court this week for a Rule 24 hearing — proceedings held when prosecutors are considering seeking the death penalty.
[...]

Under Rule 24, a conference must be held where the state forecasts its evidence along with at least one aggravating circumstance, according to the N.C. School of Government.

According to state statute, that is supposed to take place shortly after the arrest, according to Bell. To keep the option open, Bell brought the matter before a judge. Hord was led into the courtroom in shackles this week. He rapidly shook his arms as he stood beside his attorney, Vickie Jayne of Asheville.

Jayne asked Superior Court Judge Jesse Caldwell for a continuance. Jayne said that she believes her client grew up in custody of the Department of Social Services, and she wanted to get mental health records before the hearing that could determine whether prosecutors can seek a death penalty in the case.
[...]

If the state doesn’t intend to pursue the death penalty, preliminary hearings are held and a judge can consider setting a bond.

Hord is being held without bond. Ultimately a judge will decide whether prosecutors may seek the death penalty against Hord at trial.
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/loca...option-in-dismemberment-killing-case-1.212755

Richard Lee Gentry was hit in the head with a claw hammer a half dozen times, according to the autopsy report released Thursday. The blunt force trauma killed the 68-year-old man in his home on Aug. 27. His body was then sawed into five pieces and placed into two plastic bags, the N.C. Medical Examiners report says.

An 11-page report diagrams the multiple lacerations and fractures on Gentry’s head. The document also describes the cuts that dissected the man’s body. Gentry’s head, arms and leg were cut off. He only had one leg and was wheelchair-bound before he was killed.

Gentry’s former roommate, Brian Scott Hord was charged with the slaying and dismemberment. According to the autopsy report, the multiple blows to the head caused rapid death for Gentry. Police say that Hord used a hammer to kill Gentry and a hacksaw to dismember him.

Officers went to the men’s home after receiving a call from Hord’s estranged wife, Elizabeth Park. According to Park, Hord called her and asked for help disposing of the body. Hord, 33, has been charged with first-degree murder and financial card theft.
http://www.gastongazette.com/spotlight/report-describes-quick-death-and-dismemberment-1.216613

IIpWLpv.jpg

Are we sure he didn't just eat the guys other leg and was just trying to finish the job? Ah come on he had to cut him up into bite sized pieces for it to go down right.

Defense attorney Victoria Jayne said the victim Gentry, 68, was horrible to Hord.

Jayne described abuse in the home as "harassments and threats and insults."

District attorney Locke Bell said Hord was once married with a son, but found himself homeless and struggling with mental disorders.

The D.A. said Gentry, who had an apartment, took advantage of that.

"The victim demanded certain physical acts by the defendant," Bell said.

Bell said Hord confided in his ex-wife and in the weeks leading up to the murder and told her repeatedly that he wanted to kill his roommate.

Then in August she got a phone call.

"I have done it. I have killed the victim," Hord told her.
[...]
"He actually mentioned it before, about doing it. He said he's just not gotten up the courage to do it," she told the 911 dispatcher.

Hord let police into the home, where they found Gentry's remains in bags.

But because of the abuse Hord suffered at the hands of the victim the D.A. had to make a tough choice.

"I do not believe it warranted the death penalty," Bell said.

Instead, Hord plead guilty will spend the rest of his life in prison.
http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/man-accused-murdering-wheelchair-bound-roommate-ma/nb8ds/

Back