• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Thanks for posting!

B425LE0CUAELF6U.png

article-sydney10-1214.jpg

An unidentified man took visitors to a Sydney central business district cafehostage Monday morning, locking them in and reportedly using a young waitress as a human shield. Several other hostages are being forced to stand in front of one of the Lindt Chocolate Shop and Cafe's windows, holding a black flag bearing the Muslim declaration of faith.

[......]

There is no indication yet that the hostage-taker is affiliated with any terrorist groups. Although ISIS-related raids have been occurring regularly in the country and more than 70 Australians have gone to join the terrorist group, the Black Standard displayed in the shop's window bears a markedly different style of calligraphy. Grainy images of the suspect show him wearing a black headband with Arabic lettering

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-hostages-sydney-cafe.html?mid=facebook_nymag

Going into 8th hour. 3 hostages were able to run out the front door/& a fire door an hour ago.

No one appears hurt yet, but he clearly wants the media coverage.

Police were bringing in more equipment in last hour, around 4pm, so may be a long night.

Hopefully it's just the one guy and they can snipe him.
Especially now that they have 5 former hostages to give them information.
I wonder what the story is. Do they want Lindt to go halal or something more sinister.
ETA: I got of box of Lindt's for the holidays, but I don't think they'll last that long. Hmmmgood.

Now nearly 12 hours since it started.
Few new things have come out, and naturally media released it then Police stepped in & asked them to cease & desist.

The major newspapers and tv channels were allowed to reveal they have been contacted today various times by hostages under apparent instructions from the gunman/men.

Listed 2 demands, the media released & the Police advised them not to (so I wont publish what they were)

A video shot in the cafe using a hostage was sent to news channels sometime this evening, but there not allowed to show/describe it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-...es-cafe-martin-place-police-operation/5967232

ABC News have reported that the police have identified the gunman. He is known to New South Wales Police, but they have asked media not to identify him.

Especially now that they have 5 former hostages to give them information.
I wonder what the story is. Do they want Lindt to go halal or something more sinister.

I was flipping around and caught a bit of a Channel 7 (which for me has the journalistic integrity of FOX news) report saying that Lindt refuse to make halal products which may be a contributing factor...
Seriously all the speculation is getting ridiculous

Well, I'm convinced. I'll go convert right now. Thanks crazy gunman!
Hope they snipe him soon.

The Deputy Commissioner Catherine Burns who's been doing the Police media all day, has been pretty firm that they were in for the long haul yesterday going into Tuesday (today)
“Our approach is to resolve the situation as peacefully as possible. The priority is the safety of all involved.”

?th have I been? Over making halal Lindt's ? Rufkm..? Hell, if he wanted halal choc. all he had to do was call me. One phone call and we could've made them together with a few, easy tweaks.

*that whole denial thing*

Okeedokee. Media ban just lifted. He's still invited over, only this time there'll be a SWAT team waiting for his ass in the master bdrm...

Last edited:
Islam is a peaceful religion!

:crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack:

• Several hostages emerged from the cafe before police stormed the building
  • Loud explosions and yelling were heard when heavily armed police entered the cafe about 2:00am (AEDT)
  • The hostages killed, a man aged 34 and a woman aged 38, were pronounced dead after being taken to hospital
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-...es-cafe-martin-place-police-operation/5967232

Very sad to wake up and here, it was apparent he wasn't going to negotiate out of the siege.

Nothing was found in the cafe, there was speculation he might have some sort of device

Sydney siege: Tori Johnson, Katrina Dawson named as victims
THE manager of the Lindt Café Tori Johnson, 34, was one of the two hostages killed during the 16-hour siege, along with 38-year-old barrister Katrina Dawson.

Reports suggest Mr Johnson died after trying to knock the gun from the hand of Man Haron Monis shortly after 2am this morning.
Police then stormed the cafe
“Katrina was one of our best and brightest barristers who will be greatly missed by her colleagues and friends at the NSW Bar,” she said.

“She was a devoted mother of three children" (under 10)

a 75-year-old female, who received a gunshot wound to the shoulder is in stable condition, a 52-year-old female who received a gunshot wound to the leg is in stable condition and a 43-year-old female with a gunshot wound to the leg is in stable condition.

Two woman, both pregnant, were assessed and are in a stable condition.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-...named-as-victims/story-fnqxbywy-1227157734252

VTlsKFg.jpg

Latest posts

Back