• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/richardson-police-officer-civilian-killed-in-shooting/515874893
mCall_mugshot_1518104297094_12824181_ver1.0.jpg

That disturbed looking individual is the shooter.

RICHARDSON, Texas -- A suspected gunman who fatally shot a Richardson police officer and a civilian was taken into custody following a standoff at an apartment complex Wednesday night.

The standoff lasted several hours and ended at midnight when the shooter, 26-year-old Brandon McCall, surrendered to authorities. He was rushed away in an ambulance but has since been taken to the Collin County Jail and charged with capital murder of a peace officer or fireman.
[....]
The officer was rushed to Medical City Plano, where he was pronounced dead hours later, police said. The identity of the fallen officer has not been officially released by police however, the wife of David Sherrard posted on Facebook Wednesday evening asking for thoughts and prayers for her husband and family. (shot in the neck)
[....]
During negotiations with police, the shooter, barricaded inside the complex, continued to fire shots.

After the standoff, officers recovered the body of a second victim at the scene who they've identified as 30-year-old Rene Gamez. Plano police say Gamez lived at the apartment where the incident took place, but they're unsure of how he was known to the shooting suspect.
rene_gamez_1518100699749_12823635_ver1.0.jpg

[....]
A GoFundMe page was set up Thursday morning to help cover funeral expenses for Rene Gamez. Go here to donate.

I'm surprised they didn't kill him. From the sound of it, he was injured though. GOOD.

Random shooting? Was off his meds and hallucinating?

There are people who should not be allowed firearms.

“I still can’t believe this is real!!! He seriously was the greatest man in this earth!!! He loved me more than I ever deserved and I’m broken!! I close my eyes and all I see is his smiling face and it’s like a movie with just flashes of memories over 20 years!! I was blessed to be his first girlfriend and his only true love and he loved me and our daughters so much! Please pray for us!! I’m overwhelmed with texts and messages and FB comments. He was a very loved man by so many,” she posted.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...avid-sherrard-murdered-ee0OF80720yYXT-wzAufQQ

Brandon McCall, the man accused of fatally shooting Richardson police officer David Sherrard in February 2018 was found guilty of capital murder Wednesday afternoon.

After closing statements were made at about 10:45 a.m., the Collin County jury deliberated only a couple of hours before rendering their guilty verdict.

McCall, who pleaded not guilty on Monday, was accused of fatally shooting both Richardson police officer David Sherrard and Rene Gamez II, who he was staying with at the time, on Feb. 7, 2018. Lawyers for McCall acknowledged he shot Sherrard, but said it was unintentional.

McCall was charged with capital murder for Sherrard's death and murder for Gamez's death. He will be tried for the death of Gamez at a later date.

A capital murder conviction in Texas comes with one of two punishments, either the death penalty or life in prison without parole. The Collin County District Attorney said they would be seeking the death penalty for McCall; sentencing will be held next week.

prosecution attorney angrily says the officers didn't know what they were going into that night. Only one person knew what was happening. Only one person set up an ambush and that was McCall.
The prosecutor showed the jury Sherrard's bloody uniform shirt and ballistic vest.

Sherrard's family and friends who were sitting in court Tuesday were audibly upset, sniffling and gasping as the prosecutors showed the jurors the shirt Sherrard wore that day.

Investigators found three weapons (a rifle and two shotguns) inside the room where they believe McCall opened fire on police.

Sherrard did not fire his weapon during the incident, the investigator testified. Sherrard was shot with two rifle rounds: "center mass" or the center of his body, and at point-blank range.
[....]
On the stand, fellow officers said they didn't know at the time how bad Sherrard was injured. Jurors watched body camera video, showing what led to the shooting and the moment Sherrard was shot.

Officers testified they hid in the kitchen during a gun battle with McCall. One officer said he saw McCall staring down the scope of his rifle "hunting" for his next target.

After Sherrard was shot, an hours-long standoff and shootout ensued.

The SWAT team would use more than 60 rounds of tear gas before McCall surrendered.

Officers said they used Sherrard's handcuffs to arrest McCall to symbolically take Sherrard's killer into custody, Assistant District Attorney Bill Wirskye said.

Sherrard, 37, was a 14-year veteran of the Richardson Police Department.

McKINNEY, Texas - A Collin County jury sentenced Brandon McCall, who was convicted of murdering two people, including a Richardson police officer, to death.

The jury reached the decision after deliberating for more than eight hours on Thursday.
[....]

Back