• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
An argument over the quality of marijuana sold to a Church Street resident resulted in the shooting that killed a 3-year-old Selma toddler, according to testimony during a bond hearing for two capital murder suspects held Thursday in Dallas County District Court.

Brandon Lewis, 24, and Aaron Lawrence Harris, 23, both of Selma, are charged with capital murder in the shooting death of Rosjah J. Butler Jr.

Butler bled to death after a bullet ripped through the walls of his house, tore through his chest and pierced the aorta, an artery leading to the heart. The child was pronounced dead Tuesday evening at Vaughan Regional Medical Center.
Lewis and Harris are in the Dallas County Jail with no bond.

They were denied bond Thursday by District Judge Robert Armstrong after a hearing for each.

“It’s a no-brainer,â€￾ Armstrong said. “I would not think about giving either of you a bond.â€￾

Armstrong said the entire community is “grieved and shocked about this.â€￾ The judge called the shooting into the house “outrageousâ€￾ and “beyond belief.â€￾

The two men arrived in court in shackles and jail-issue gray and white about 30 minutes before the hearings began. Courtroom security was tight with several deputies and Selma police detectives present. Dallas County Sheriff Harris Huffman also patrolled the courtroom.

Neither Lewis nor Harris spoke to one another as they sat side-by-side in the courtroom, waiting for the judge. Selma police detective Tory Neely came into the courtroom, pulled up a chair and quietly talked to the two suspects.

Armstrong appointed Ed Green, the former prosecutor, to defend Lewis.

Harris has hired attorney Bruce Maddox.

During the bond hearing Neely told the judge an altercation between the child’s uncle, Glenn Williams, and Harris developed when Williams wanted the $200 he paid for some marijuana back from Harris because the marijuana was of bad quality.

After the confrontation, which occurred at GWC Homes, Williams left and returned to 1411 Church Street. Harris borrowed a Dodge Intrepid from his brother and he and three others, including Lewis drove to Church’s Chicken on Broad Street, purchased some food, then drove over to Church Street, according to Neely.

The police detective said he interviewed Lewis, who claimed to have sat in the back seat of the vehicle on the passenger’s side. Lewis said Harris drove the vehicle, according to Neely’s testimony.

Two others believed to be in the Intrepid at the time of the shooting are Johnny Lee Dukes and Michael Dershawn Hunter. Authorities are searching for the two men, who police say are believed armed and dangerous.

Neely said Lewis alleged Dukes fired from the front passenger’s side of the car as Harris drove it down the street. The police detective said Lewis, Harris and an eyewitness in a car behind the Intrepid saw Williams return fire from the front yard.

Police recovered shell casings from the street and the yard. Detectives had yet to conduct an inventory on the Intrepid because the police recovered it while Neely and Walker were in court. The recovered shell casings were sent to the state crime laboratory for processing.

Under cross examination from Maddox, Neely said there was no evidence as of yet indicating Harris fired a shot during the event. “We’re still investigating,â€￾ the detective said.

Neely also testified he did not know how many shell casings were found outside the house, near where Williams stood.

During cross examination from Green, the police detective said no evidence had been discovered so far that would indicate Lewis fired a shot at the house.
http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/news/2010/apr/29/bad-drug-deal-led-3-year-olds-death/
mja2jc.jpg
Brandon Lewis (top) and Aaron L. Harris (bottom​

Amarys Williams heard her 3-year-old son ask for something to drink. Before she could turn around, she heard the pop of a handgun. Williams looked at her son, who crumpled to the floor inside their Church Street house with a quizzical look on his face. He did not cry. He did not scream.

He looked up and said, “Mama?”

Those words uttered by Rosjah Butler Jr. on Tuesday were the last Williams ever heard her toddler speak.

“I heard the shots through the window, he fell and I saw he was bleeding from his heart,” she said in an interview on Friday. “I picked him up and ran down the street to a friend’s house, and they took us to the hospital.”

She and the child’s father, Rosjah Butler Sr., would wait outside the emergency room as physicians labored to save their son’s life.

In another area of Vaughan Regional Medical Center, the toddler’s grandmother, Cheryl Williams, tended to her mother, a patient. She received a call from her sister, Jackie, who told Cheryl Williams to get down to the emergency room because something was wrong with Amarys.

“She told me it was Amarys because she didn’t want to tell me it was [Rosjah] over the phone,” Cheryl Williams said. “I’m praying the whole way down that my daughter will be OK. When I get off the elevator, I see Amarys in the middle of the floor, praying for her child. When I found out, it was like an out-of-body experience. I can’t believe my baby is fighting for his life. My daughter was hysterical, and I began to pray.”

Later, a physician would call Rosjah’s parents back to a room near where they had taken the child. The 3-year-old had bled to death. The bullet had pierced the aorta, a major artery to the heart.

The toddler became a victim of a drive-by shooting and the third murder victim in Selma at that instant.

They told me my baby was dead, and that’s when I lost my mind, in a nutshell,” Amarys Williams said.

She ran out into the highway next to the medical center, hoping a truck would hit her. But the only vehicle in the area was that of a family friend, who helped pull her to safety.

“He died, and I wanted to die, too,” Williams said. “I was unsuccessful in that. Unfortunately, there were no trucks. Sometimes I still feel that way, but I have to look after his sister, Alexis. I’ve got to be there for her.”
[...]

Brandon Lewis, 24, and Aaron Harris, 23, were arrested and charged late last week. Police continue to search for Johnny Duke and Michael Hunter, two other suspects in the drive-by shooting.

Glenn Williams, Hunna’s uncle, was on the front porch when the Dodge Intrepid came rolling down the street.

Police have testified in court that Lewis and Harris told them Williams had confronted Harris over $200 worth of marijuana, which Williams said was bad. That confrontation led to the shooting, police told the judge during last week’s bond hearing.

Williams did not discuss the drugs on Friday. He only would talk about his feelings after his nephew was shot.

“I had all kinds of thoughts,” Williams said. “I wanted to retaliate, but no right is going to come out of me doing another wrong. I had to stay strong. He was my little man. When I would get home from work, he used to open the door for me. He was my alarm clock in the morning.”
[...]
http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/news/2010/may/01/slain-toddlers-mother-tried-get-run-over/

I can't imagine seeing one of my kids laying on the floor and last words to me were mama, I would totally flip out like she did.

Update,new mugs
Two arrested in Georgia as suspects in 3-year-old's shooting death
ALBANY, Ga. — Two Selma men were arrested here without incident and charged with capital murder in the death of Rosjah J. Butler.
Michael Hunter and Johnny Dukes were arrested through joint efforts and assistance of the U.S. Marshal, Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force, the Selma Police Department Crime Response Team Unit and the Selma Police Department Criminal Investigations Unit.
Administrative Division commander Sgt. Doug Stewart said the suspects will be transported back to Selma, once necessary procedures are completed.
Hunter and Dukes are the last two suspects in the shooting death of the 3-year-old Butler.
Brandon Lewis, 24, and Aaron Harris, 23, were bound over to a grand jury when it convenes again. The two are in the Dallas County Jail with no bond.
During a preliminary hearing last week, Detective Frederick Walker of the Selma Police Department testified he had taken a statement from Lewis shortly as the suspect’s arrest. The detective told the court Lewis said Harris, he, Dukes and Hunter were in a green Dodge Intrepid borrowed from Harris’ brother. They drove from GWC Homes to Church Street.

Walker said Lewis told investigators Duke pulled the weapon and began firing at the house at 1411 Church St.
A slug from a weapon pierced the wall of the house into Butler’s bedroom, where the toddler stood by the bed.

Butler suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the chest. He was pronounced dead at Vaughan Regional Medical Center.
[...]
During the preliminary hearing, when asked if he had a weapon that night or saw who fired shots from the car, Williams took the Fifth Amendment's protection against self-incrimination.
Williams testified he had stepped outside the house to the front to call a girl
http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/ne...rested-georgia-suspects-3-year-olds-shooting/
2vxhcn8.jpg
Aaron Harris​
xg9oae.jpg
Brandon Lewis​

Go ahead and call me racist.I knew they were of african decent before I saw the mug shots.How often do you hear about white guys shooting little kids over a dope deal?It happens but nowhere near as much as it does in black neighborhoods.Yeah,my spelling is shit but I'm being brutally honest.Fucking niggers.........I got the best clothes and a fat ass ride.My kids are eating cockroaches out of the carpet.Wake up white people.......No shame in being proud of your race.Unless you are white and listen to the jew machine.Fuck PC and fuck all media slaves.....................

Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals upholds conviction of man who killed 3-year-old in Dallas County
[...]
had their Dallas County murder convictions upheld recently by the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals.
Aaron Harris, 29, of Clayton, Ga., was convicted in the Dallas County Circuit Court in October 2013 for the murder of three-year-old Rosjah Butler, Jr.
[...]
evidence presented at trial, on April 27, 2010, Harris got into a dispute with a man he sold marijuana to.
[...]

that evening, Harris and three other individuals drove to a nearby Selma neighborhood where drug dealers he had an ongoing dispute with lived. They shot 13 rounds from a 9-milimeter pistol.

One of the bullets fired from Harris' car struck and killed three-year-old Rosjah Butler Jr.

Harris was convicted of one count of murder. Due to his habitual felony offender status, he received a 50-year prison sentence for his crime.
http://www.al.com/news/montgomery/i...ma_court_of_criminal_appe_2.html#incart_river

Thanks for updating an old thread.

"Harris was convicted of one count of murder. Due to his habitual felony offender status, he received a 50-year prison sentence for his crime."

No life with no parole? The fuck!??!??

Did you happen to stumble across anything regarding the sentences or convictions of the other 3 men involved. That article mentions 2 men had their convictions upheld, but unless i just misread, it only details the conviction of Harris.

The reporting on the aftermath of these crime stories is always so bizarre to me. THe media is all over it in the early stages, then when it comes time for justice to be dealt out, the media is no where to be found and you gotta search like crazy to find out what happened, if you even can. All too short, no detail little blurbs like this tends to be the norm from my experiences. Such lazy reporting.

Wow...i know dealers who simply grab from another bag if the customer isn't satisfied...they say things like "try this" and "let me know if you like it." What kind of low life dealers are these guys? More if you can't suck up a $200 loss perhaps you shouldn't be smoking pot...only thing up in smoke is this baby...fucking ass clowns...Jokes who pay's $200 bucks for an ounce of weed anyway? Shitty weed or otherwise.

Back