1. Before creating a thread in the Reality Bites forums, please read the following guidelines so you do not risk the wrath of the administrators and possibly lose the privilege of creating threads. We want everyone o take part in spreading the shitty news, but let's do it in a way that keeps Morbid from fielding takedown notices.
  2. You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Brain cancer gets the munchies from pot and eats itself!

Discussion in 'General News' started by Dakota, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Dakota

Dakota FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt Bold Member!

While looking at the "News in Pictures" thread, I got curious about one of the images and checked out info related to it.

[​IMG]
    Marijuana grows under lights. The main chemical in marijuana
    appears to aid in the destruction of brain cancer cells, offering
    hope for future anti-cancer therapies, researchers in Spain
    wrote in a study released today.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/brain-cancer/news/20090401/marijuana-chemical-may-fight-brain-cancer
    http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSTRE5307VK20090401

• Like Like x 2
  2. thatsmallgrl

thatsmallgrl Active Member

I find that very interesting. How funny that something that is soo taboo could help save lives.

One a side note.. I've been getting migraines since I was about 9. So about 17 years now. I've been given every Rx in the world for them. About every six months I get immune to it. The only thing I have ever found to work every time, is pot. And how do I tell my doctor that? And what sucks is now I can't do that anymore becuase of the industry I work in, if you get busted once you are out forever. Stupid random testing.

3. Just my luck sucks

Just my luck sucks Trusted Member

smallgirl- can't you get a RX for the pot? I had a friend that was given pot in capsule form to fight off the after affects of chemo. Didn't make him high, just helped with his appetite and since he had an RX the pee tests at work were not a problem.

4. thatsmallgrl

thatsmallgrl Active Member

I'm not too sure about that. I don't have cancer or anything. Just chronic migraines. It just sounds silly to tell my doctor that pot is the only thing that gets rid of them on the spot you know.

5. evervigilant

evervigilant Well-Known Member

It helps relax my muscles and joints , and it does help keep weight up too . I'll have a lovely harvest in 8 weeks or so lol .

6. Athena

Athena Buzzkill. Bold Member!

NY has no medical marijuana laws, so you can't get a prescription. But if you want to bring it up to your doctor to discuss alternatives, go right ahead. Your doctor won't turn you in, and it may spark some valuable dialogue.

7. Dark Star

Dark Star Book Whore Bold Member!

Dakota....far out that you went on with this story after seeing the picture. I totally love doing the "News in Picture" thread.

As someone who totally finds marijuana to be an excellent medication for multiple maladies, and losing both parents to types of brain tumors/cancer, I found this information wonderful. Marijuana=Medication.

In the words of Mr. Peter Tosh.....Legalize it - don't criticize it
    Legalize it and i will advertise it
    :proud2:

[​IMG]