• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2mwz7ma.jpg

Brad George​
A shocking twist in the case of an Everett woman found dead in her apartment.
Everett Police on Saturday night announced that they arrested the adopted son, accused of killing his mom Georgina Latshaw. She was found dead in her apartment on Friday shortly after 2:30 p.m.

The next day her son spoke
[...]
on camera about his mom’s death. At the time of the interview we were unaware that he was a suspect. He denied knowing anything about how his mom died. In fact the 16 year-old told us that he came back from school and saw the front door of his apartment was open. He knew something was wrong because his mom was not supposed to be home that early in the day. He said he called 911.

He called his mom his “savior” and “guardian angel” who protected him all his life.
[....]
The teenager was booked into Denny Juvenile Justice Center.
http://q13fox.com/2014/02/08/adopte...r-everett-woman-was-found-dead/#ixzz2stLuwiCw
17bdih.jpg

Georgina Latshaw
When we met 16-year-old Brad George Saturday afternoon, he immediately fell into the embrace of his sisters and his mother's best friend, who, alone, was dissolved in tears.

Then he surprised us saying, it was he, who came home from school Friday to an unsettling sight. The door to his house open, his mother's car undisturbed in the driveway.

"I thought that was very suspicious," said George. "And I called the house phone and then called 911."

Everett police went inside and found 37-year-old Georgina Latshaw, dead.

"They came down and told me that my mom had passed away," said George.

Six hours after our interview, Everett police announced George had been arrested on suspicion of Latshaw's murder.

It turns out Brad George is no stranger to television news.
[...]
aired his photograph when he was 13 years old after he ran away from the Seattle Children's Home residential Center on Queen Anne Hill. Then he was described as being prone to seizures and in need of daily medication to prevent him from becoming "confused" or having "unusual episodes."

He ran again the next year, too.
[...]
"She's supported me my whole life," said George, of his mother when we talked
[...]
I asked who would harm her?

"I don't know who could have done this," he replied.

George is a student at the Overlake Specialty School in Bellevue for children with psychiatric problems.
He is expected to make his first court appearance Monday.
[...]
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/everett-murder-suspect-has-troubled-past/ndJYG/

Ungrateful little shit! if it were that he just killed her and ran, I might think his "psychiatric episodes" might be responsible, but to kill her and then hang around and tell how he came upon this horror and crying and lying, this kid is just fucked up and not necessarily just in the head. He has more problems than they know.

His legs in shackles, Brad George kept his head down the entire time he was in a Snohomish County Juvenile Courtroom. He allegedly confessed to murdering 37 -year-old Georgina Latshaw, the woman who was his legal guardian for a decade.

When we met George Saturday, the day after Latshaw's murder, he described her as a loving mother no one would harm. "I don't know who could have done this," he said quietly.

Court documents show this was a far cry from his violent past. According to Child Protective Services, the 16 -year-old suffers from several disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder. He once threatened Latshaw with a knife and had hallucinations of her as "a short clown with a blood filled mouth.'' He also made a clay sculpture of Latshaw with a severed head.

Last year at Bellevue's Overlake Specialty School for troubled youth George punched a wall, kicked a locker, then violently went after a staff member. He pleaded guilty to fourth-degree assault and got six months probation, which ended two weeks ago. Now he is accused of beating Latshaw to death with a dumbbell, washing off her blood, staging the murder scene like it was a burglary, then going to school.
[....]
Prosecutors have until Wednesday to charge him with murder. If they do charge him, he will be automatically tried as an adult.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/boy-charged-adult-everett-womans-gruesome-murder/ndJ6w/?hpt=ju_bn3

what I read was she was his legal guardian for last 10 years

His legs in shackles, Brad George kept his head down the entire time he was in a Snohomish County Juvenile Courtroom. He allegedly confessed to murdering 37 -year-old Georgina Latshaw, the woman who was his legal guardian for a decade.

George considered Latshaw to be his mother.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/boy-charged-adult-everett-womans-gruesome-murder/ndJ6w

I'm confused... WAS she his mother? Legal guardianship and parental rights are two different things.

Back