• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Misskittychaos

Trusted Member
I had to share this one, my friend knows the owner and dog and this story made my day a little bit happier!

Elko, NV - On Saturday morning, Kathryn Bales, and her service dog, Bonnie, were involved in a serious, roll-over car accident.

Though Good Samaritans tried to pry open the doors, the vehicle was too severely damaged - Bonnie and Kathryn were trapped inside.

Those trying to help finally decided to shatter the windows - Kathryn covered herself and her dog, a 6 yr-old Pit bull, with her coat to protect them from the shards of glass.

Kathryn was still trapped inside of the damaged vehicle - the roof was crushed and she was unable to pull herself free from the wreckage.

Thankfully, Bonnie was there to help.

Bonnie did not want to leave her companion - Kathryn had to order her out of the car.

As Bonnie began to crawl out, Kathryn gripped her service harness and ordered Bonnie to pull.

Bonnie, though shocky and frightened from the horrific car accident, did as she was instructed - she pulled Kathryn free from the damaged vehicle.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Pit bull saves owner - National Dogs | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-nat...012_10150263634128340#f19691698#ixzz1ShQ2XEsZ

http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/pit-bull-saves-owner?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150263438338340_17723012_10150263634128340#f19691698

There is a little more at the link.

[MENTION=1603]Misskittychaos[/MENTION]Thanks for posting a nice pitbull story :happy:

Bonnie is a sweet looking dog. Thank goodness for stories like these. Pitt Bulls get such a bad rap.

<snort> You guys suck ass. Morbid knows. All pit bulls kill. Even my pit bulls (Dixie and Puppy). I mean, we all met Dark Star and her son, and Puppy barked at him, which I'm pretty sure means she wants to kill him. Or that she wants him to run crazily around the house with her some more (I'm still working on that).

Bonnie is a sweet looking dog. Thank goodness for stories like these. Pitt Bulls get such a bad rap.

I went to Yorba Linda for our family reunion last weekend. My grammy asked us not to bring our pit bull puppy. (She's heard so many stories)
My Uncle James brought his girlfriend's little dog, not sure what breed, but I don't really care either. The little fucker bit me because I slowly went to pet it. (You know, when you go to meet a dog for the first time, slow is good so you don't startle them)
My Uncle Mark's German Shepard didn't like my husband so he barked and snapped ever chance he got. My husband's shirt is now destroyed.
P1030328.jpg
Here's a pic of my puppy curled up with my youngest. (I had to get a picture of this)

[MENTION=4295]Robynne[/MENTION] I totally feel your frustration. I'm not the most exemplary person, so I'd probably have had to point all this out to my grammy . . .

Back