• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Small, under the radar western/horror flick with a tremendous cast(Richard Jenkins, Kurt Fucking Russel in one of his most badass performances ever) about a cannabilistic tribe of indians.

Amazing movie. I went in expecting some cheesy low budget crapper, especially since kurt russell primarily does trashy crap movies unfortunately, ended up seeing one of the best movies i've seen in years. Tremendous stuff.

For those who were left unsatisfied by Green Infernos native cannibal horror, check out Bone Tomahawk. Brilliant dialog/character building, an unbearably intense and suspenseful final act, and one of the most horrific and unforgettable gory deaths in movie history. Disturbing, brutal, amazing stuff all around. Not a straight horror movie, more of a genre mismash type of movie, mostly western but with some horror thrown in, i found it more impactful than any horror flick i've seen in quite some time.

I've had this one for awhile but never took the time to watch it. Read your post and gave it a shot tonight. Fucking loved it and agree with every point you made. Fantastic acting from everyone, great dialog, and a slow burner to boot (my favorite). And yes, that was one of the most brutal deaths I have seen in a movie in a long time. Shame about the title, though.

Shame about the title, though.

Might be one of the most literal titles ever haha. I saw the title and thought it was surely some cheesy, trashy crapper, the type of movie Kurt Russell usually gets involved with. Assumed there must be some character with an absurd name like "Bone Tomahawk", barf. Def one of the biggest and best surprises i've had with a movie.

Very interested in what this director might do next, although i hope he chooses a better end credit song, seriously what the fuck was up with that.

There needs to be more horror/westerns. That isolated, dark, dingy, old western setting lends itself soooo well to the horror genre.

I got this a few months back after learning about it online.
Damn fine film with a sweet genre mash-up.
Plus Kurt Russell....one word....Soldier!
Another very fun one of his.

Back