• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
Two activists groups and a civil rights law firm in Denver on Wednesday criticized a Denver Police Department officer for firing his Taser at an unarmed homeless man.

The Denver Justice Project, Denver Homeless Out Loud and the Holland Holland Edwards & Grossman law firm released footage from the officer’s body camera, saying the incident is an example of how police routinely use needless force.

“I just think people should be able to see what we’re doing in our city,” attorney John Holland told The Denver Post.

The groups said in a news release that it is important for Denver residents to understand how police use force as the department prepares to hold three public meetings about its proposed changes to its use of force law.

Alex Landau of the Denver Justice Project said the video is a clear reminder of why people need to pay attention to the development of the Denver Police Department’s use-of-force policy. He hopes it encourages people to participate in upcoming public forums about proposed changes to the policy.

The first community forum on the proposed changes to the Denver police use of force policy will be at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Boys and Girls Club at 3333 Holly Street.

It is the second time this month a police officer using a Taser on a homeless person has been in the spotlight.

Last week, The Denver Post reported that Officer Keith A. Graves was suspended for four daysafter using a Taser on an uncooperative, but non-threatening man who was camping in Cheesman Park.

The footage released Wednesday is from a separate incident, and it is unclear where it happened.

In the video, Officer Greg Dulayev approaches some bushes against a concrete wall and orders a man hiding there to come out. The man, identified as Gregory Heard, crawls out.

Dulayev orders Heard to stop, and when Heard takes another step forward, Dulayev fires his Taser. Heard falls and Dulayev piles on top, yelling, “Stop resisting! Stop resisting!”

During the struggle, Heard tells the officer he can’t breathe and asks to be stood up. He has a bloody nose and mouth, but it is unclear whether those injuries were suffered in a fight before the officer arrived.

Dulayev had been called because Heard was fighting with another homeless man. Heard tells officers that he was using crack cocaine.

“This guy was told to stop mid-step and got Tased while holding his hands out,” Holland said. “He was visibily unarmed.”

In the news release, Heard is quoted as saying, “Residents, along with sworn officers, have a duty to practice accountability when they fall outside of the expected parameters by disobeying the law. After assaulting me unprovoked, Officer Dulayev displayed zero remorse. He laughed at me. The officers treated me like an animal.”

The activists did not know whether Dulayev’s Taser use remains under investigation by the department’s internal affairs bureau. The Denver Post asked the police department about the investigation status but has not received a response.
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/18/denver-police-taser-unarmed-homeless-man/

Watch the full video below. Or the clip at the above link.
** The first 10 or 15 seconds of the video don't have audio, so don't keep turning it up.... When the audio begins, it is loud.

Stop resisting ... stop resisting ... Jokes.
The one dude that keeps patting his back and comorting him is AWESOME.
I bet this guy sues the shit out of the Police. I would for sure.
I had a bad arrest once ... It was fucked up.
And anytime I could see another one coming own the tube I used my words,
Yo officer ... I know the difference between a bad arrest and a good one ... Touch me like that again and I'm going to tell ... The officer adjusted HIMSELF.

Last edited:
I wish there was video from the time I got tased lol I would keep it forever hahaha. I was being an asshole though, this guy didn't do anything except move when they told him not to. Which unfortunately is enough to get hit with the current.

Cop said stop, the guy clearly kept moving forward. He's a large man. I see nothing wrong with tazing him. I don't understand why the vid labels it "surrendering homeless man". What in the video is suggesting he's surrendering or intends to surrender? Not obeying a police officers commands is kind of the exact opposite of surrendering.

Would it have been better if hte officer engaged in a physical altercation with him, perhaps put him in a chokehold or took the baton out to force compliance and ensure the safety of all? Tazing is the quickest, safest way to go about this.

People are so fucking stupid.
[doublepost=1484978618,1484978586][/doublepost]
He obviously doesn't have to deal with himself high on crack cocaine. Any person that smokes crack should be tased just because. And then laughed at. Animals. The whole lot of them.

All drug addicts deserve to die.

I wish there was video from the time I got tased lol I would keep it forever hahaha. I was being an asshole though, this guy didn't do anything except move when they told him not to. Which unfortunately is enough to get hit with the current.
What did it feel like?
Was it like touching an electric fence?

I was drunk as someone could be and angry as all hell and I think with that going on, it took a couple seconds to shut my body down. It was like having a crazy tight charlie horse all over your body, as soon as it was over it kinda felt like I was floating. I certainly had no desire to be an asshole any longer lol. The only electric fence I've ever touched was quite different, more like a painful zap.

What did it feel like?
Was it like touching an electric fence?

Whole body charlie horse.

Pain stops pretty much as soon as the shock ends though. Don't pay mind to these attention whorin scumbags in many of the tazing videos who continue to wail and scream and make a fuss long after the tazing is over and they're laying their cuffed and whatnot.

Back