• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/bl...bbed-20-times-samuel-woodward-idd-as-suspect/

Authorities say 19-year-old University of Pennsylvania student Blaze Bernstein, whose body was found buried in a shallow grave at a California park, had been stabbed more than 20 times. No weapon has been found.

The Orange County Registerreports that authorities are investigating whether the killing was an act of rage.

Orange County Undersheriff Don Barnes says 20-year-old Samuel Lincoln Woodwardof Newport Beach was arrested and taken into custody Friday on suspicion of homicide after DNA evidence linked him to Bernstein's death. Barnes says the two knew each other from high school.

Police said they arrested Woodward at 1:15 p.m. local time on Friday and said they believe Woodward picked up Bernstein at his home and drove to multiple locations before they arrived at Borrego Park on Jan. 2.

Woodward was interviewed by police, who described him as nervous and said he had scratched hands and dirt under his fingernails. Officials said Woodward became the primary suspect due to inconsistencies in his story.

The Register claims detectives found Bernstein's blood on a sleeping bag in the back of Woodward's rental car.

The newspaper also reported Woodward told investigators that Bernstein kissed him on the lips and that he pushed Bernstein away.
[•••]
The college sophomore's body was found Tuesday in a shallow grave in the brush surrounding the park, police said.
[•••]
Bernstein's death rocked the tight-knit community 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles. Hundreds held a candlelight vigil to remember him.
[•••]

Parents Jeanne and Gideon Bernstein released the following statement Monday night:

We are saddened to hear, on the day we laid our son to rest, that gruesome details of the cause of his death were published. Our son was a beautiful gentle soul who we loved more than anything. We were proud of everything he did and who he was. He had nothing to hide. We are in solidarity with our son and the LGBTQ community. There is still much discovery to be done and if it is determined that this was a hate crime, we will cry not only for our son, but for LGBTQ people everywhere that live in fear or who have been victims of hate crime.

Now is the time to set aside fear, ignorance and judgement. It is time to love. Love each other. Be good. Do good and honor Blaze's memory. #dogoodforblaze
Suspect
Samuel Woodward

Last edited:
Homophobic murderers are amongst the worst.

You know they want to jump the damn fence but hate themselves for it.

Hello????? Hate on your own self. Don't kill people who are cool with who they are. :shifty:
[doublepost=1516156157,1516156123][/doublepost]Why is everything center-spaced? Weird af.
[doublepost=1516156221][/doublepost]Oh. The face.

METHY METH METH. o_O

Woodward and Bernstein for real?????????
No Washington office break in but still a salacious story.
Come on Americans no one saw that...
no one?

So a gay dude kissed him.
Punch him in the face maybe.
Give him hell for an unwanted advance.
Killing him...that is a tad over the top.
I figure once that word hits his cell block, life will really start getting to be a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Homophobic murderers are amongst the worst.

You know they want to jump the damn fence but hate themselves for it.

Hello????? Hate on your own self. Don't kill people who are cool with who they are. :shifty:

And he looks like he is wearing guy liner? I could understand someone hitting on him by accident thinking he was that way inclined. They should teach men how to say: "that is very flattering, but no thanks", instead of immediately breaking out the fisticuffs.

Woodward and Bernstein for real?????????
No Washington office break in but still a salacious story.
Come on Americans no one saw that...
no one?

So a gay dude kissed him.
Punch him in the face maybe.
Give him hell for an unwanted advance.
Killing him...that is a tad over the top.
I figure once that word hits his cell block, life will really start getting to be a pain in the ass.

How did I miss the "Woodward and Bernstein" thing???? o_O

I think he means he tried to kiss the victim and the victim pushed him away so he freaked out and attacked him cos he was afraid he would he ridiculed.
Yeah, that sounds about right.
Let's face it, this kid looks like he would be into bestiality in ten years cos "females" just don't want a nice guy.

I was changing out of my wetsuit at Fort Point in SF and some dude drove up in a van asked, "Do you want to get high?"

Given my state of partial undress and location it was pretty clear 'get high' was synonymous with 'have gay sex'.

So guess what I did?

I killed him I said "no thanks".

I was changing out of my wetsuit at Fort Point in SF and some dude drove up in a van asked, "Do you want to get high?"

Given my state of partial undress and location it was pretty clear 'get high' was synonymous with 'have gay sex'.

So guess what I did?

I killed him I said "no thanks".

C'mon Skim.....

Where'd you dump the body? It's just us chickens.....

No Washington office break in but still a salacious story. Come on Americans no one saw that...no one?

Well to be fair ... I'm Canadian. And i was wondering who would name their kid Blaze ?

I think it would be a nice name for a cat though.

Well to be fair ... I'm Canadian. And i was wondering who would name their kid Blaze ?

I think it would be a nice name for a cat though.
I am Canadian too, just across the Lake in fact.
You can likely see me waving....lol

I am Canadian too, just across the Lake in fact.
You can likely see me waving....lol

Well i know there was an office theft for sure, sometimes in 1972, ... the year I was born.

Nixon told everyone he wasn't a crook.

Anyway WAVE!
[doublepost=1516235946,1516235283][/doublepost]
Ikr? It's about as stupid as TheBlaze.com!

https://www.theblaze.com/

I clicked on the link, NEWS. I haven't read any of the content yet so I don't know if its stupid or

not, but I was talking about naming a person that. I wouldn't do it ... I would not name my kid

Blaze, but I would name a cat ... Or a horse that, for sure, and perhaps a turtle. <3

I never saw the movie, but I'm going to see if it's available on any of my movie apps. My grandkids are also huge horse fans.

"Smoky the Cow Horse" by will james is very good. Very realistic about handling horses.
Any more book recommendations and we should move to the book thread.

Am I the only one who gets the Woodward and Bernstein reference or no?
The journalists who broke the Watergate scandal were named Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.

I think of strippers, Blaze Starr the most famous

Blaze Starr, a burlesque icon and stripper

Houston stripper and world-class twerker Jhonni Blaze

Back