• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-florida-men-accused-stealing-113610619.html

Police in Jacksonville, Florida have arrested two men for allegedly trying to steal a gigantic power pole in the wake of Hurricane Irma.

Blake Lee Waller, 42, and Victor Walter Apeler, 46, each now face a charge of grand theftafter they were reportedly caught strapping the $2,500-worth JEA utility pipe to an SUV on Wednesday, per the Florida Times-Union.

Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office shared this photograph of the incident to Twitter, and it’s since gone viral.

“Citizens watching out and officers cleaning up = partnership!” the sheriff’s office captioned the snap.

According to Action News Jax, Apeler initially told police he was just moving the downed pole away from traffic. A pawn shop database search revealed he had sold dozens of pieces of scrap-metal since January, however.

Both men remain in custodywithout bond at Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office’s pre-trial detention facility. Their first court appearance is scheduled for Thursday.

00ed9dbaaba269ec7f8f9ce9a31c3d06

Dumbasses, only in redneck country

:fish:

They need to have a truck with racks, and wear brown clothes and orange vests. Then they look like a work crew.
Some guys stole steel highway railing in broad daylight because they looked and acted like a work crew.

What in the heck were they going to do with it?

Is it recyclable? You'd need a welder (and someone with a tiny bit of intelligence) to cut it into manageable chunks, I would guess. I don't know cause I ain't never stole no power pole!

Back