• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
Anyone else watch this show? It is available on Netflix. It's fucking crazy. The first episode was so good though, the others have a lot to live up to.

Hmm I'll have to check it out. I love crazy! Thanks for the recommendation, I'm always looking for something good to get into.

What is your favorite episode? I just watched the one with the girl who was trying to get more points to up her social standing but she ending up with none and locked up.
that one was hysterical in aollt of ways and also a good point on conditioning and how into social media and likes some people get. I swear they are trying to get people so hooked into their computers that they don't notice everything going on just cyber reality which isn't reality at all. Many people have alreahy tried to used their social media apps lke they are their own stars of a reality show [which I loathe and won't watch] another good conditioning one was the second or third episode of the two that were striving to be picked and the girl who could sing but was forced into darker paths. I think the white bear one as it was the one I couldn't guess but knew there was something I wasn't catching

Last edited:
What is your favorite episode? I just watched the one with the girl who was trying to get more points to up her social standing but she ending up with none and locked up.

Binge watched the shit outta the show. Loved most of them, a few were rather slow, imo, but the one you are speaking of was my absolute favorite. Reminds me of some of my Facebook friends.....

So, last night I watched the one with the American testing some virtual reality game. I don't want to give too much away but, a common theme in the episodes relating to time kind of gets on my nerves. Like, the idea that to us it's been an hour but in reality it's been .06 seconds? Fuck that, too much for my brain to handle. LOL

My daughter was trying to explain this show to me and something about pig fucking and I just looked at her like she grew a 3rd eyeball and said I'd pass but she's all but mooooooom, it's a good show. It sounds like a gross acid trip in the way she explained it.

I think you'd really like it.

It reminds me of a modern twist on Twilight Zone. It's an interesting POV on technology and society

And another thread gets derailed.

DIAF, I was holding off on watching it, then I watched the first episode and it was excellent. It's a roller coaster ride and makes you think,

But it's Big Bang night!

That doesn't make me feel good about watching, at all.

Big Bang is a half hour old lady, you can spring for another 45 minutes of tv time!

It's not abuse in the traditional way, I'm not even sure it is abuse at all, it's just disturbing.

I also found some of them boring. I 100% agree about lesbians in 80's heaven! Ha! What one did you like the best?

The bicycle one, like where they earn the points and get to audition for American Idol type shit?
I thought that one was a major mind fuck since the chick ended up being a hooker anyway. I am going to google them now, I vaguely remember Jon Hamm but cannot remember one with a Weasley... Wait was that the one with the robot GF?

yeah, fuck that guy. And that chick in the first season who's life was on repeat for the entertainment of others cause she killed a little girl or some shit.

I think my favorite aspect of Black Mirror is that it's an anthology but certain episodes obviously take place in the same world because of the use of technology

But goddamn it depresses me re:human progress sometimes

*sticking finger in ears*

Ack, I haven't seen all of the episodes.

This show is spot on. I love how it makes me think about the implications of technology.

The pig one was REALLY hard to watch. And hurt at the end.

Back