• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
6baa1610-d956-456e-a984-4b2f5ee526de-large16x9_AP21073828753860.jpg

BALTIMORE (AP) — Beyoncé is removing an offensive term for disabled people from a new song on her record "Renaissance," just weeks after rapper Lizzo also changed lyrics to remove the same word.

The song "Heated," which was co-written with Canadian rapper Drake among several others, uses the word "spaz," which is considered a derogatory reference to the medical term spastic diplegia, a form of cerebral palsy.

Lizzo also removed the word from one of her songs, "Grrrls," in June after disability advocates complained about the lyrics. Lizzo said in a statement she never wanted to promote derogatory language.

Disability advocate Hannah Diviney, who pointed out Lizzo's lyrics that lead to the change, wrote on Twitter that hearing the word again used by Beyoncé "felt like a slap in the face to me, the disabled community & the progress we tried to make with Lizzo."

Full Article:

Monica Lewinsky demands Beyonce removes lyric referencing her affair with Clinton affair from Partition track after singer vowed to replace ableist 'sp*z' slur from new song Heated​

Monica Lewinsky has proposed having a lyric referencing her affair with then-President Bill Clinton removed from Beyonce's 2013 track Partition after the singer vowed to replace an ableist slur from her new song Heated.

Lewinsky, 49, raised the issue after news of the lyric removal broke on Monday.

'uhmm, while we're at it.... #Partition,' she tweeted, along with a link to a Variety article reporting on the matter.

The lyric referencing the scandal reads: 'Now my mascara running, red lipstick smudged/Oh, me so horny, yeah, he want to f**k/He popped all my buttons, and he ripped my blouse/He Monica Lewinsky-ed all on my gown.'

Lewinsky famously had an affair with Clinton between 1995 and 1997, with their relationship beginning when she was a 22-year-old unpaid White House intern - and eventually led to his impeachment on December 19, 1998.

Just a little more info

Bee has been accused of taking credit for songs she did not even write.

The legendary Diane Warren asked and was instantly attacked by the Hive (Bee's Stans)

1659493879960.png

1659493897330.png

1659493931804.png
1659494173085.png

Diane wrote a song for Bee and like the boss she is Bee was not able to get any writing credits on it.

Also Kelis (a singer) is also going after Bee.

for not contacting her about using a sample that technically she did not have to ask for.

Maybe this album wasn't really ready to drop just yet....

Beyoncé removes Kelis’ sample from ‘Renaissance’ song ‘Energy’​

Beyoncé subtly removed her sample of Kelis’ “Milkshake” from her new song “Energy” after the latter publicly accused her of “theft.”

The sampled beat no longer appears on Queen Bey’s “Renaissance” album on streaming services, and Kelis’ name also has been wiped from the credits list.

A rep for Beyoncé didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for comment.

Kelis has yet to publicly acknowledge the edit.

The change was made just days after Kelis, 42, called out music industry people for having “no soul or integrity” in how they treated her.

“My mind is blown too because the level of disrespect and utter ignorance of all 3 parties involved is astounding,” read a comment from Kelis’ @bountyandfull Instagram account on a fan’s post.

Isn't Diane Warren being sued for not giving proper credit? People in glass houses can suck my dick.

Kelis was mad at the wrong person. Pharrell owns the masters to milkshake. Not her. Not Beyonce. She need to be glad he gave it to her instead of Brittany spears.

Good job Kelis. Now you get nothing

Album sucks to be honest.

The only tolerable song is Break My Soul.

Just one of Bey's lawsuits

Beyonce is at the center of yet another federal lawsuit in connection to her 2016 hit song, "Formation," this time accused by the star of the Oscar-nominated Hurricane Katrina documentary "Trouble the Water."

The lawsuit was filed one day before the singer settled a separate year-long lawsuit that claimed Beyonce did not have permission to use the voice of late New Orleans bounce artist Messy Mya in the "Formation" and "Lemonade" recordings and music videos.
The $20 million lawsuit was dismissed Monday (Feb. 5), just under a year after the suit was first filed. Court records show the case was settled with an agreement from both parties, but the terms of the settlement were not immediately clear.

In a lawsuit filed Sunday, local rapper Kimberly Roberts claims Beyonce violated a contract for the use of the footage Roberts shot during Katrina and that was later used in "Trouble the Water."

According to the lawsuit, Beyonce agreed to pay Roberts royalty fees as well as a fixed amount to use footage from her film in the "Formation" music video. However, the lawsuit claims the singer only paid Roberts for the initial licensing agreement and has since failed to pay her for royalties.

Additionally, the lawsuit claims Beyonce has broken the contract by using clips from Roberts' documentary in other mediums, including in the audio recordings of "Formation" and during live performances.

Her camp probably feels it is safer to over credit people.

Kelis did not write, produce or arrange the song so her getting credit was a gift.

Back