• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mr_Vindictive

Mrs.-Voorhees.jpeg

I know the news is late but Betsy Palmer, star of Friday the 13th fame, passed away yesterday at the age of 88. Although she is most well known as the psychotically devoted mother of Jason Voorhees, she had a career spanning nearly 60 years throughout TV and film. Although her character never ended up with the same fame as Jason, she was one of the villains to usher in the 80s slasher boom.

I know Betsy was always heavy into conventions. Did anyone have a chance to meet her at one? Feel free to share your stories or thoughts!

Last edited:
She was never at any of the conventions I went to, but I always thought she was the scarier than Jason in all of the following F13 films. A retarded zombie wearing a hockey mask was just too ludicrous for me to take seriously. A middle-aged woman in full-blown psychosis because of the death of her son? Much better villain, IMO.

I couldn't agree more. It also fell more in line with the European giallo flicks that it was miming. Nothing supernatural, just a wronged person who wants to take their revenge on anyone they can.

Back