• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

FrayedKnot

Chupacabra
Ah shit. I'm about to get a message or two from someone there. I can feel it.

I did not know you had some WS peeps, Nell.

I know there are plenty of people who are fucking *done* with mods/admin over there who let threatening, bullying, racist shit go unchecked whilst giving TOs to anyone who attempts to voice opposition to Nazis and other swell groups.

BUT HER EMAILS!!!!!

I did not know you had some WS peeps, Nell.

I know there are plenty of people who are fucking *done* with mods/admin over there who let threatening, bullying, racist shit go unchecked whilst giving TOs to anyone who attempts to voice opposition to Nazis and other swell groups.

BUT HER EMAILS!!!!!

I have spies everywhere. :spy:

It's not just websluthes ... and it's not racism. We live in a free country and we have free speech included in our human rights. We should be able to express an opposing point of view and do so freely without being labeled racist, or being called haters. It's not hatred ... it's an opposing point of view and we're all entitled to it and those right are being unfridged upon ... sometimes with violence.

This attitude lately that free speech must exclude hate speech reminds me of the growth of the anti-vaxxers. The anti-vaccine movement got its start and growth by vaccines being successful, so successful that people forgot how horrible diseases were before the use of vaccines, so now some people not only don't see the benefit of them, but see them with suspicion.

I feel that is what is going on with free speech today. People have forgotten how bad life was when we did not have it, so now some people are suspect of it, especially if they disagree with it, so now they want to control and limit it. When the time comes that only certain speech is "free", is the time we no longer have free speech.

Last edited:
This attitude lately that free speech must exclude hate speech reminds me of the growth of the anti-vaxxers. The anti-vaccine movement got its start and growth by vaccines being successful, so successful that people forgot how horrible diseases were before the use of vaccines, so now some people not only don't see the benefit of them, but see them with suspicion.

I feel that is what is going on with free speech today. People have forgotten how bad life was when we did not have it, so now some people are suspect of it, especially if they disagree with it, so now they want to control and limit it. When the time comes that only certain speech is "free", is the time we no longer have free speech.

Thus is the double edged sword that is freedom of speech.

My thoughts are, how do we allow hate speech while stopping it from growing into something worse? There are over 100 independent militias throughout the United States and extremism in any form is dangerous. It's a short leap from ideology to actions.

These rallies are also counter-productive because none of us are going anywhere, we may as well get over our differences & tolerate each other. Non-whites and immigrants have as much claim to this country as they do.

You cannot stop people from coming out to counter protest, it is their right as well.

Authorities need to keep the crowds under tighter control.

It's a shit show, and even though I'm no conspiracy theorist, I can't help but feel like it's all part of a big distraction, a lil slight of hand...

Authorities need to keep the crowds under tighter control.
That is exactly the role of authorities and what they should be doing, keep the peace without prohibiting the people to exercise their rights.

Last edited:
Thus is the double edged sword that is freedom of speech.

My thoughts are, how do we allow hate speech while stopping it from growing into something worse? There are over 100 independent militias throughout the United States and extremism in any form is dangerous. It's a short leap from ideology to actions.

These rallies are also counter-productive because none of us are going anywhere, we may as well get over our differences & tolerate each other. Non-whites and immigrants have as much claim to this country as they do.
Hate knows no boundaries. It's not just whites hating. Nor is it racially bound.
https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map
https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map
You can't allow one side to say what they want without allowing the other to do so as well, even if what spews forth is idiocy. Equality means the same for all. It is what gives you the right to openly disagree with what these groups say. Disallowing these groups to speak up would end in far more violence and detriment to society as a whole.

I think a lot of the problems lately stem a lot deeper then it appears. Sure chunks of it are racially motivated but when you really break it down, a lot of it comes from fear. Fear that has been fostered by the government and certain influential people over many decades as a way to control. People on all sides fear losing rights and fear being imposed upon. People are being told to fear others based on nationality, religion and skin color. Fear anything that is different then you are is what's basically taught.

As much as we like to think that we are free thinking individuals, we aren't. We are lead by example and by socially acceptable boundaries. If it's considered taboo to speak certain thoughts allowed, those thoughts remain whispered in private circles with people who have the same ideals. When you all of a sudden have the leaders of your country publicly stating the same things it brings everyone who was whispering out into the light because if he's doing it, it must be okay right? Of course you are going to suddenly see an increase in publicly said things under those circumstances but that doesn't mean there is an increase in the actual number of people that feel that way. A loud minority can seem like a majority.

I run a missing persons page.
I have been involved with missing persons and unidentified remains for close to 20 years now.
I have avoided websluts since the fiasco with Trisha. Oy, there's a story.

Anyway, one day Trisha threw a friend request to my alternate account on facebook.
Lol, no. Blocked.

I run a missing persons page.
I have been involved with missing persons and unidentified remains for close to 20 years now.
I have avoided websluts since the fiasco with Trisha. Oy, there's a story.

Anyway, one day Trisha threw a friend request to my alternate account on facebook.
Lol, no. Blocked.

Do not blame you.

I was banned years ago, but I do still read on many of the high profile cases.

Then I saw that shit in the political forum and about plotzed. Megan must be over there.

Does Tricia still have the RSO lady mod? (snickers)

lolol:hilarious:

I forgot about that. That happened before my time, but I think she got canned only to come back under another hat. Who knows? Maybe she is still there.

I am still friends with quite a few members there. But the alt-rights are mucking it up and turning what ought to be a thoughtful, if often heated, discussion into a slew of name-calling, baiting, racist af posts (rife with misspelling and shit grammar:rolleyes:)

Still, it does go back to Tricia's poor management that she allows her mods to moderate arbitrarily and unevenly. Either remove the rather ridiculously tight TOS, or enforce them for all members, not just a few.

As a side note, Tricia is currently begging for money from members to save the site. Feels like we've seen this show before.....o_O
[doublepost=1503839835,1503839650][/doublepost]
Omg.
Speaking of megan, did you hear...

She got arrested and had a messy period.

What the what??????

Keep, ya gotta tell me more!

It's a shit show, and even though I'm no conspiracy theorist, I can't help but feel like it's all part of a big distraction, a lil slight of hand...

This and I've thought this for a very long time. Like a magician with a card trick, everybody is watching the right hand while the left hand is the one you should be watching.

Greetings, all. Just in from the Websleuths Wars. What an embarrassment that site's become.

But it's just déjà vu all over again for them, n'est pas.

That's all I got.

Back