• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
ip5d80.jpg

Melissa Dawn Sellers, 33, was arrested for dousing her roommate Carlos Ortiz Jr., 42, with nail polish remover and setting him on fire.​
[...]
argument turned vicious in Florida when an incensed woman poured fingernail polish remover over her roommate and then ignited it.

The fight, according to a witness, erupted after Carlos Ortiz Jr., 42, threw out Melissa Dawn Sellers’ spaghetti and meatballs
[...]
“She was setting little objects on fire, then that turned into pouring nail polish remover all over him, and then all of a sudden, the lighter sparked and he lit on fire,” said Ines Causevic, a friend of the victim,
[...]
Sellers had been staying with Ortiz after losing her job at Walmart.

Causevic said she doused her friend with water and pulled off his shirt, which was on fire.

He is hospitalized in critical condition with burns to this face and torso
[...]
“When he got up, his face was like melting off,” Causevic said. “His lips were burning.”

Sellers, 33, was charged with aggravated battery.

She has a prior conviction from 2008 for battery.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...oommate-fire-spaghetti-spat-article-1.1983806

[...]
Around 2:30 a.m., 33-year-old Melissa Dawn Sellers got into an argument with 42-year-old Carlos Ortiz Jr. at a home on the 300 block of Gunn Avenue. The two had been drinking, and Sellers doused Ortiz's upper body with nail polish remover and ignited with him a lighter or cigarette,
[...]
According to Ortiz's friend and witness, Ines Causevic, Sellers was angry at Ortiz because he had thrown out her spaghetti and meatballs.
[...]
Causevic said she threw water on Ortiz and tore his shirt off, trying to put out the fire.
[...]
Ortiz was taken to Tampa General Hospital, where he is listed in critical condition with burns to his face, chest and shoulders.

Sellers left the scene before police arrived, but returned later from her stepfather's home nearby and was arrested,
[...]
She was charged with aggravated battery.

In an earlier news release, police said Sellers had been charged with attempted murder due to the extent of Ortiz's injuries.

Neighbors and friends of Ortiz said they are sickened by the incident. They said Ortiz was a good guy who helped people out and let Sellers move in because she had been evicted.

"That's my friend and I can't imagine such a horrible thing, because he didn't deserve that," said Katherine Muds. "He would never hurt anybody."
[...]
has prior arrests for battery and robbery.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2014/10/22/clearwater_police_wo.html

Don't you just hate these trifling ass bitches who ain't never got a job or responsibilities but always wanna fuck somebody up over some bullshit.
You have really hit bottom when you get fired from fucking Wal-Mart of all places.

Yikes!!! All that over spaghetti and meatballs?!Hope it was laced with some kick ass drugs, 'cause there has never been a plate of spaghetti and meatballs, that I have ever seen, that was worth setting a person on fire for!! Geez, and people tell me that I have mental problems for loving DD as much as I do. Ha!! They never met this woman!!!:crack:

Her name is familiar to me for some reason.... And is it me or does she just look like she is fucking insane? Look at her eyes.. Completely soul-less....

I hope the victim gets all the help he needs to recover...poor guy. :(

~shadow

stupid bitch!!! he was helping her out by letting her stay with him and just cuz he threw out $2-3 worth of spaghetti, his face was melted off. being kind to people pays off again :(

Why drop the attempted murder? Why would you ever light someone on fire if you weren't intending to kill them?

Why drop the attempted murder? Why would you ever light someone on fire if you weren't intending to kill them?

It's almost impossible to prove that she was attempting to actually have him die versus simply making him extra crispy in court if she gets a halfway decent lawyer. She would have to admit she was trying to kill him. I'm sure they want her charges to stick, and a murder charge would've been dropped.

Her name is familiar to me for some reason.... And is it me or does she just look like she is fucking insane? Look at her eyes.. Completely soul-less....

~shadow
I'm so glad u said this! I'll have to google her, because I know I've seen that name somewhere.....

I totally agree with you. After he is released from the hospital and can go home he needs to pack up belongings and change his address, his name, and apply for a restraining order against her. After all this is Flor-i-duh and she will be out walking the streets in no time! Unfortunately he probably will never look the same and hopefully if she runs into him again she won't be able to recognize him. I am pretty sure any of her future cell mates will want to sleep with one eye open.

Back