• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
Wednesday 51-year-old Barbara Grice of Foley got inside the school with a gun and threatened to kill her sister who is the cafeteria manager.

According to Baldwin County jail records, Grice faces charges of terrorist threat, second degree burglary and possession of a deadly weapon on school grounds. Thursday evening jail records showed an attempted murder charge had been added.

Thursday afternoon Elberta Police Chief Stan DeVane said they have new information about how Grice got inside the school. DeVane said there was apparently a knock on the back service door where food is delivered to the cafeteria. A cafeteria worker looked out the peep hole, didn't see anyone, and proceeded to open the door. When she didn't see anyone outside, she let the door close.

DeVane said the door closes automatically and as it was shutting Grice caught the door and opened it, gaining access inside the school.
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/02/suspect_forced_her_way_into_el.html

Granny's got a gun!! Well what the h*ll was so important it couldn't wait till she got home??

Last edited:
The conversation this upcoming Holiday Season at the Grice house hold...........
"I guess the Holiday's this year won't be the same without old Barb around! I'll tell you what, after dinner let's make her a plate and take it to her in jail. It'll be just like having her home for a little while. Don't let me forget to take her a hairbrush. That booking photo of her made me think she might not have one" :joyful::kiss:

At the breakfast table, the chicken is involved but the pig is committed. There's no turning back when you bring a gun to solve an argument.

Damn, Sally Struthers really hasn't aged well. Why use a gun with a face like that? It's enough to kill all on its own.

March 04, 2016

Barbara Grice was sentenced to 36 months in prison on Friday for bringing a gun with the intention to shoot her sister at Elberta Elementary back in Feb. 2015.

A shot was fired, which a janitor found a week later in the cafeteria.

Many of the employees who heard the shots were in court on Friday to recount the harrowing events that took place that day.

“She did intend to kill me,” Grice’s sister Catherine Partin told Judge William H. Steele.

Parten was visibly emotional as she looked at her sister and said that she had pleaded for her life.

Grice’s daughter Nicki Silkwood defended her mother and said that her mother wasn’t the same person she normally was when she entered the school. She cited alcohol and drug abuse caused by the loss of her late father as the reason Grice acted out.

“That wasn’t my momma,” Silkwood emotionally pleaded with the judge. “She needs help.”

Grice herself made an emotional plea to the judge for a second chance. “I’m so sorry,” she said. “I wouldn’t hurt babies.”

Judge Steele explained that he took both the fear the children at the school experienced as well as the psychological issues that Grice has into play when he made his decision.

“I can’t fix you,” said Judge Steele. But he did recommend drug, alcohol and mental health counseling to correspond with her 36-month sentence.

Grice still faces more time in the courtroom on state charges, which Judge Steele made a point of saying would be a lot tougher.

Grice will be in Baldwin County Circuit court in April to face attempted murder, second degree burglary and making a terrorist threat.

http://wkrg.com/2016/03/04/woman-who-fired-shots-inside-elberta-elementary-sentenced-on-gun-charges/

September 19, 2016

Barabra Grice has plead guilty to making a terrorist threat.

According to local prosecutors, Grice had come to the school to kill her sister who worked in the school cafeteria.

Grice was sentenced to 10 years- split to serve two years, with three years probation. The sentence runs concurrent with her federal sentence.

http://local15tv.com/news/local/barbara-grice-pleads-guilty

Everything looks good here! No. No. No. Don't thank me... thank you! Fine comments. Just fine damn it.

#HarmonyIsSexyAsHell!

So what the fuck happened ... why did she want to kill her sister ... was it over money ... over looks ... kids ... did she come home and find her husband in bed with her or something.

So what the fuck happened ... why did she want to kill her sister ... was it over money ... over looks ... kids ... did she come home and find her husband in bed with her or something.

Well, we know it wasn't the husband, as the daughter indicated he died, causing Mom to turn to drugs and alcohol.

Then again, maybe Sis dug up the dead hubby just to freak Mom out. You know how siblings can be.

My guess? Sis kept stealing her hairbrush.. she just couldn't take it anymore.

(Seriously, though -- maybe Sis had made an ultimatum or taken action to stop Mom from drinking and drugging it up?)

Latest posts

Back