• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

DivineRAiN

13327555_1150135621685073_8776667342478408944_n.jpg

http://abc7chicago.com/news/parents-in-custody-after-5-1-2-month-old-dies-in-harvey/1357419/

HARVEY, Ill. (WLS) --
Jazmine Walker, 5 1/2 months, died Wednesday morning in Harvey according to the Cook County Medical Examiner. Her parents are in custody and under investigation for her death.

An autopsy and cause of death are expected to be announced Thursday evening.

Jazmine is the youngest of three children. The mother is in police custody. They are investigating her for allegations of neglect. Charges are pending.

The Department of Children and Family Services says it has had prior contact with the family.

Jazmine was born two months premature. Sources close to the investigation say she had spina bifida. She weighed less than 5 lbs. at the time of her death.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"My sister is a good parent, she treats her children very well and there is nothing that she would do to put them in harm's way," said Chenita Bell, Jazmine's aunt.

"We have a 5 1/2 month old baby that was 5 lbs. at death, that's a concern. And now we have discovered that DCFS returned two children into that home recently and couldn't see this mother was in no condition to take care of children," says Harvey spokesperson Sean Howard.

DCFS was most recently in contact with the family on March 18, when the children were allegedly left unattended by Jazmine's father, Jerome Walker. Walker was arrested by Chicago police the same day and faces three charges of child endangerment, as well as charges for possession of a concealed weapon, possession of ammunition, possession of a controlled substance, not stopping at a stop sign and driving on a suspended license.

"She didn't have anything to do with that," says Bell of her sister. "She was at work, he was supposed to have them, be watching the kids."

DCFS indicated in a separate investigation that there was evidence against Walker for child neglect. It's the agency's policy, a spokesperson said by phone, to "keep families united while supplying support." Bell says she knew DCFS was working on a caregiving plan with the mother and an another aunt.

"Kids have their hair done, they had clothes on their back, she made sure they are well fed, it was just that she was sick," says George McCallum, Bell's fiancee. "And all the kids, they were born premature, I think that was the cause of her death."

"This is not as bad as it looks, there is an explanation to all this," Bell says.

"We have a malnourished kid that dies on the way to the hospital, there is no excuse for that," says Howard. "The investigators owe the taxpayers more answers than saying 'Oh, we see these things all the time.'"

The mother is being held at the Harvey Police Station pending the autopsy results.

This isn't as bad as it looks---- :banghead: un-frippin-believable

from where is baby kate

About 6:45 a.m., Bell found Jazmine unresponsive and called paramedics to the home in the 14500 block of Harvey Avenue, city spokesman Sean Howard said.

He said when she died, she weighed only 4.8 pounds. The doctors then informed Harvey police about what Howard referred to as “an extreme case of malnourishment.”

Jazmine was born three months premature in November 2015 and was diagnosed with spina bifida, a birth defect in which the spinal cord fails to develop properly, Howard said. When she went home with her family 30 days later, she weighed only 6 pounds.

Given the fact that she was born prematurely, Howard said the mother agreed to abide by six scheduled doctors’ appointments.

The woman attended the first appointment in January, at which time the child weighed 6.8 pounds, Howard said. But she failed to bring the child in for the five additional appointments.

OMG! she was so beautiful and sucks her thumb, how much more adorable do you have to be so that someone will take care of you. I'm so, so sorry Baby Jazmine that your parents sucked so bad at being parents.

@Keepalowprofile it says the baby was 6 pounds when she went home to the family. it also says she kept one appointment but missed five others, so it sounds like she wasn't being looked over by a pediatrician. To me it sounds like this baby would have been better staying in the hospital for several more months. I doubt they took her to a therapist. This is so sad.

How can anyone be so cruel. If the disability is too much to handle give the baby up. Admit you can't do it. No shame. Let this child suffer and die. No.

Well, Chenita Bell deserves nomination for the 'Captain Stupid' awards.

Yeah, they looked after Jazmine really well. So well in fact, that she died at less than 6 months of age, weighing less than the average healthy newborn.

Whether they simply couldn't cope with a large brood and a new baby with spinach bfida, or whether they're simply filthy fucking child abusers is ultimately irrelevant in this case.

The simple fact is that they clearly did not care for Jazmine the way she needed to be cared for and it resulted in her death.

They are the murderers of a baby. Let them dig their own graves and give them the old 1 in the head and 2 for insurance. Then get the rest of those kids the hell away from this family.

Clearly the family are enablers of child abuse and child murder. They're not fit to raise the other kids.

I was scared to take my preemie who did not have spinal bifida home.

The first time I held him, alarms...a team...it was fucking scary.

He was followed for five years. Year four he was under weight,

but was reaching or surpassing his other milestones. We tried extras fats and sugars

he just burned it off. I can't believe how fast he went from scaring the shit out of me

to blowing my mind. He was the most challenging of all my kids, he has an intensity that

I appreciate. He's got That spark of something, that he needed to have to shake those

tubes. In the beginning though I was scared.

Poor little button - totally tiny and helpless - neglect is one of the roughest things for me to wrap my head around. And of a baby with a medical footprint that would make her high enough risk for more monitoring! *shakes head*
Whether they simply couldn't cope with a large brood and a new baby with spinach bfida, or whether they're simply filthy fucking child abusers is ultimately irrelevant in this case.

Spinach bfida! - I just snorted!

But yes - @sarahdownunder nails it again.

At first I was giving them the benefit of the doubt with all the issues Jazmine (this bitch mother used a z, enough said) had, but I just got angrier and angrier the more I read.
This bitch's problem is laziness. She was too fucking lazy to care for a special needs baby. I bet her other kids were looked after just fine.
I am crossing my fingers for a tard defender on this one. :fish:

The parents are confirmed, vile criminal trash due to that name they gave the kid. What filth.

It's the agency's policy, a spokesperson said by phone, to "keep families united while supplying support." Bell says she knew DCFS was working on a caregiving plan with the mother and an another aunt.

Always shocks people, not sure how it's still not common knowledge. They don't want to take kids from parents, and if they do, the goal is to reunite them.

#3 was she having regular care by a pediatrician?

#5 was she seeing a therapist for her motor skills and development.

Given the fact that she was born prematurely, Howard said the mother agreed to abide by six scheduled doctors’ appointments.
The woman attended the first appointment in January, at which time the child weighed 6.8 pounds, Howard said. But she failed to bring the child in for the five additional appointments.

1663458456434.png

Chequita D. Bell, bio-unit, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter; sentenced to 10 years, paroled after 2 years 4 months.

Last edited:
Back