• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.ksat.com/news/baby-flys-out-of-suv-onto-texas-roadway-incident-caught-on-dashcam-video
[....]
The gut-wrenching clip shows the moment the baby and his car seat fell out of the SUV as the driver turned right onto a Laredo street. Motorists in the busy intersection block the viewer's sight of the baby before the child is seen running into the arms of a stranger who was driving behind the SUV in which the child was riding.
[....]
Fortunately, the motorists behind the SUV saw the child in the street and stopped. At least one person got out of their car to help the child. Alanis said she began honking to get other drivers' attention.

"(The baby) just ran into the stranger's arms," Alanis said. "The woman on the passenger's side, I believe is the mom, got (out) of the vehicle crying and ran toward the baby."

Police cited 26-year-old Jocelyn Nicole Hernandez for having an unrestrained child younger than 4 in the car and the 1-year-old was treated at the scene for scrapes sustained from the fall.

A DPS Trooper who was nearby also witnessed the incident and helped the family.

The case remains under investigation.

Even before car seats were mandatory my kid was seat belted in, even tho that wouldn't have saved him in a crash, it kept his grubby little fingers off the door handle. My stepson opened the back door of the car as we were going down the driveway, so we were going very slow and no one fell out. I learn slow, but I learn, that never happened again.

Not only was this poor baby not buckled in but the car seat was loose too, what was this mother thinking...oh I forgot she wasn't.

Probably told the baby, we're just going down to the corner store just sit up in there and nobody will know the difference. Comes back to bite you in the butt, doesn't it?

"the child is seen running into the arms of a stranger "

Poor baby was terrified! :(

Probably not the case, but my niece was an escape artist when it came to cars and carseats when she was little. My sister in law actually looked into getting a locking buckle for her because every time we got in the car, she would undo the buckle holding her in and even unbuckle the car seat from the car itself if we didn't catch her in time. One time she unbuckled herself and her baby brother, too. My sil was scared to death that she'd open the door and fall out or something. Finally had to start pulling over when she did it and punishing her. She finally quit. (She is 14 now and we have a lot of good laughs about it. She's also the kid we couldn't find one time when she came over and finally found her hiding on top of the fridge eating cookies.)

Maybe the 4 year old thought it would be funny to kick the 1 year old out? Never know.

In the olden days before car seats or seat belts....my sister (14 months old) opened the car door and pushed me out (2 weeks old) my bio-dad had stopped to talk to my mom who was working. A lady picked me up brought me into the restaurant mom was working at and asked " does this little thing belong to anyone?" ;)

Back