• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

roadsidehorror

No rainbow. It's raining skulls.
So, a few months ago I was walking the dog and smoking a joint. I was going past a group home and this guy says damn that "smells good!" I go up to find he's blind and mildly retarded..
Needless to say I didn't smoke him out but I talk to him every time I'm out walking the dog and he's outside. Today I asked him what his Christmas plans were. Turns out the poor guy doesn't have family to go see or anything. He said all he wants for Christmas is the Wasp album that has we are Satan's children on it! Fuck yeah!! I told him that he's definitely gonna get it! Totally fucking cool and warms my black little heart...Just a little though..

So, a few months ago I was walking the dog and smoking a joint. I was going past a group home and this guy says damn that "smells good!" I go up to find he's blind and mildly retarded..
Needless to say I didn't smoke him out but I talk to him every time I'm out walking the dog and he's outside. Today I asked him what his Christmas plans were. Turns out the poor guy doesn't have family to go see or anything. He said all he wants for Christmas is the Wasp album that has we are Satan's children on it! Fuck yeah!! I told him that he's definitely gonna get it! Totally fucking cool and warms my black little heart...Just a little though..
Does he have something to listen to the album on?

He's got a little CD player but shit head phones..I've got some huge ass studio head phones I don't use and an I pod nano I was thing about giving him..But he's blind so that's kinda stupid!

I took some loser home for Christmas once ... it ended up in cops, my family hated him and me for a day. Bah humbug ... just kidding ... I love Christmas!
[doublepost=1510108840,1510108711][/doublepost]
He's got a little CD player but shit head phones..I've got some huge ass studio head phones I don't use and an I pod nano I was thing about giving him..But he's blind so that's kinda stupid!

No its not ... my favourite i pod has a fucked up screen, it glows and that's all ... it clicks ... I can still make it work. So maybe blind guy can make it happen.

I try to mutilate Christmas every chance I can..Shit, I'm the guy that put a picture of Squeaky Fromme on top of the tree for years!
This isn't about Christmas though. It's simply about doing something good for someone other than myself..I was not a very good person for a very long time and I got a lot to make up for..

Depending on which generation the nano is it might actually be perfect for the blind... 7th generation on comes with voice command built in and you can use all features... (7th gen came out in 2012 or so) but even the first gen nano had some voice activated features(playlists, books) but you can't get into advanced settings and the clock and shit like that but for basic music listening even the first gen is just fine for the blind.

(Blind cousin)

Should check the settings for something called "voice over". Im not sure how old your nano is, but anything 4th gen and up have it. It's meant especially for blind users. It reads the screen aloud for them and reads anything they select aloud giving them a double tap to option to select what was read aloud.

I’ve got multiple sets of Apple headphones that I’ve never used, brand new, still in the plastic.

Might even have an iPod lying around here somewhere.
Let me know if you need something.

Shoot. He can have a Fitbit Charge if he’d like to track his heart rate! (Damn, just realized my error in this offer. I apologize :oops::oops:) ETA: nvm.

Well, if anyone else wants one, let me know. No charge.

So....Just ideas!

Ho Ho Ho. :freeze:
[doublepost=1510137331,1510136985][/doublepost]Oh. And don’t know where you live?

I took a trip and way overbought those hand warmers in the little plastic packs?

I have ~40 or so. If you happen to be in a cold climate, we can toss some in there.

Last edited:
Thank you for bringing this up, roadsidehorror. A long time ago a coworker's kids gave me a book "Kids' Random Acts of Kindness". I was inspired and once I started doing them myself I found that doing things that made others feel better, feel respected, loved, had a profound effect on my own heart. I'd been swamped with depression for years and my random acts of kindness project lifted me out of that muck.

That was only the beginning of my transformation, but it was a great corner stone for the new life I would eventually build.

Right on Satanica! I've actually got a Sony CD Walkman still in the package somewhere around here. So I'm gonna give him that, the headphones and a pile of CDs...Fuck Christmas..I'm just going to gather this stuff up and take it to him..The Nano is a good idea. I just don't want to give him anything too complicated.. Poor guy just wants to rock out!

Holy shit, there are still Discmans (Discmen?) in existence that actually work?! That's impressive! When I was a kid I'm pretty sure I broke my Discman (or Walkman, depending on the year) just about annually.

Fuck yeah though, make his day dude!

Back