• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

k8d0t6G.png

An 82-year-old woman was left sitting in a chair at her South Carolina home for so long that she died, according to a Greenville County Coroner's findings.

Barbara Anne Beam, found dead at her Greenville home in January, died of a blood clot brought on by prolonged inactivity, Coroner Park Evans told WYFF. Police said that due to the position of the woman's body, it was clearly evident that she had been sitting in the chair for a long period of time.

Evans said Beam's death is homicide by neglect.

According to a Greenville police report, officers and paramedics were called to the home on Jan. 2 after Beam's sister found her in the chair with no pulse. Beam lived at the home with her sister and another adult.
[...]
It's not clear exactly how long the woman was left in the chair but her sister told police it was about six months.
[...]
Beam ultimately died of a pulmonary embolus, a blood clot that starts in the legs and spreads until it blocks the flow of blood from the heart.

Greenville police are now conducting a homicide investigation into Beam's death. No arrests have been made as of Friday.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/87098/...2-dies-chair-left-sitting-months-homicide.htm

The fuck is going on here?!?!?!!! How do you just let someone rot like this without any disregard for their well-being. What did they do to mask the odor, surround her with little pine trees and spray Febreeze. Effing degenerate motherfuckers.

These stories just kill me. :(

Sometimes I wonder how on earth I'm going to take care of my folks when they get old. So many horror stories about nursing homes, so many horror stories about people who stay with relatives...It's really worries me.

Jeezuz!!! I talk to my 87 yr. old Nana every week ..a few times.
How can people be such fucks!! :rage::punch::mad: she have no family besides her sister... who just let her sit there and rott!?!?!

How can anyone live with them selves? Even my MIL who lives with us, I could not do that to. She aggravates me to no end, but she is still my wife's mother.

What did they do to mask the odor, surround her with little pine trees...

This is a tragic story and really pisses me off, BUT...Cbaby, the way you worded that, just made me laugh my ass off. I mean, a saw a picture in my mind...damn, it was funny.

But the situation really isn't funny, and I hope the fuckers get their asses reamed. Six months?! Just how the fuck do you leave somebody...never mind, we know questions like this don't apply to the logic of neglectful motherfuckers like this.

Strap those fuckers to a chair for six months and let them know how it feels.

You'd be surprised how often this shit happens. Whether it's a La-Z-Boy or the fancy hospital-style bed that Medicare paid to have installed in the home, the elderly and disabled are left to rot in their own filth without ever being moved.

These stories just kill me. :(

Sometimes I wonder how on earth I'm going to take care of my folks when they get old. So many horror stories about nursing homes, so many horror stories about people who stay with relatives...It's really worries me.
Do home health care with hidden cameras. It's a fact elderly people do better when they get to stay in their own homes. But have those cameras! That way you will feel better about it :)

My condolences Miss Barbara for your having to die this way. I really wish I had known you were being cared for so shitty....you are less than 45 mins from me. I would have gladly taken care of you for free. RIP <3

Last edited:
Back