• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-37439875
A fell-running champion has admitted stabbing three top athletics staff at a major UK stadium.

Lauren Jeska, 42, admitted attempting to murder former Bristol rugby player Ralph Knibbs at the Alexander Stadium in Birmingham on 22 March.

She also pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm to Kevan Taylor and Tim Begley, who tried to intervene, and two counts of possessing a knife.

Jeska, of Powys, will be sentenced at Birmingham Crown Court on 15 November.

In a statement, the Crown Prosecution Service said Jeska had been in a disagreement with athletics officials and it "escalated".

She drove from her home in Wales to the stadium in Perry Barr, where she asked to speak to Mr Knibbs. After being told to wait in reception, she walked into the open plan office and launched her "premeditated" attack.

Police said Mr Knibbs suffered life-threatening injuries after being stabbed in the head and neck, and is still recovering.

Jeska was England's champion fell-runner three times between 2010-12, and has been a member of Todmorden Harriers, Aberystwyth Athletics Club and another club based in Snowdonia.

Mr Knibbs, the former Bristol RFC centre and head of human resources and welfare at UK Athletics, was in court to hear Jeska enter her pleas via video link from HMP Foston Hall in Derbyshire.
[....]
The court heard the injuries of Jeska's other victims - accountant Mr Begley and finance director Mr Taylor - were "not of the most serious order".
[....]
"During the course of the attack (on Mr Knibbs), Mr Taylor and Mr Begley went to his assistance and both were injured.

"Thankfully their injuries were not of the most serious order and so the pleas to wounding are acceptable to the Crown given the pleas that have been entered."

Although Jeska admitted possessing two kitchen knives, she denied possessing a bread knife which had been left in a bag before the attack on 51-year-old Mr Knibbs.

Judge Philip Parker QC was told Jeska, of Wesley Terrace in Machynlleth, had been the subject of psychiatric assessment but further reports would be necessary before she is sentenced.

Defending, Julie Warburton said a diagnosis of autism may be raised at the next hearing, which would be invited to consider whether a "medical disposal" would be available to the sentencing judge.

She was remanded in custody.
_88936295_laurenjeska.jpg

Special request:
From now and until December 26th could you please NOT use the word hark.
Everytime I see it, my OCD kicks in and this is what I hear;

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"

hark! the herald angels sing
"glory to the newborn king!"
peace on earth, and mercy mild
god and sinners reconciled
joyful all ye nations rise
join the triumph of the skies
with th'angelic host proclaim
"christ is born in bethlehem."

christ, by highest heav'n adored
christ the everlasting lord
late in time behold him come
offspring of the favored one
veiled in flesh, the godhead see
hail th'incarnate deity
pleased, as man with men to dwell
jesus, our immanuel!

oh, oh, oh
ah

hail! the heav'n born prince of peace!
hail! the son of righteousness!
light and life to all he brings
ris'n with healing in his wings

(mild he lays his glory by)
born that man no more may die
born to raise the sons of earth
born to give them second birth
yeah
And I'm really hoping there isn't any stories with the name Rudolph.
:hilarious:

Last edited:
Oh yes the two steak knives are mine totally.
The bread knife?
FUCK NO.
What kind of maniac do you take me for?

Special request:
From now and until December 26th could you please NOT use the word hark.
Everytime I see it, my OCD kicks in and this is what I hear;

But that's how I laugh and say fuck off all at the same time.

Don't you like Christmas? I'm getting excited about it already,

about the Star really. I had the grey wired one with the little beads from the

dollar store and it was basic ...but then I painted it black and now its awesome.

What is fell-running? o_O

@Podargus posted a reasonably good link, but in my experience, the hard core are more likely to be solitary runners. You are likely to see them when you are out rambling with a group, they pass you in a flash, skinny as rakes, wearing flimsy little shorts and tank tops with a tiny little pack bobbing up and down on their lower back containing the mobile phone a protein bar or a bit of kendal mint cake.

@Podargus posted a reasonably good link, but in my experience, the hard core are more likely to be solitary runners. You are likely to see them when you are out rambling with a group, they pass you in a flash, skinny as rakes, wearing flimsy little shorts and tank tops with a tiny little pack bobbing up and down on their lower back containing the mobile phone a protein bar or a bit of kendal mint cake.
I'm howling, here it's mountain biking. I'd be on some twisting, winding mountain road in Sonoma or Napa county, old pioneer roads about a lane and a half wide, and there they'd be, the spandex battalions. Bony butts like twin moons covered with a thin fluorescent film, legs pumping frantically up the old mountain passes.

Back