• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
20h8pb9.jpg

Garry Gupton is accused of beating a veteran he met at a gay bar, police say.​
[...]
Army veteran beaten by a man he met at a bar died Saturday afternoon, nearly a week after being hospitalized with burns so bad that parts of both arms had to be amputated
[....]
Veteran Stephen Patrick White, 46, died at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
[....]
Greensboro Police spokeswoman Susan Danielsen confirmed the death when contacted
[...]
She said a 26-year-old man, Garry Joseph Gupton, has now been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the beating last Sunday. A Greensboro city employee, Gupton had initially been charged with aggravated assault with intent to kill
[....]
Danielsen has said there was no indication the incident was motivated by the sexuality of the victim.

“We believe this was a consensual encounter between the two of them, and at some point Mr. Gupton began acting incredibly irrational,” Danielsen had said
[...]
Alex Teal, White’s longtime partner, had previously told
[...]
White had most of both arms amputated after he was severely burned in a hotel room that caught fire during the Nov. 9 attack.
[....]
White, who had been listed in critical condition, had made some small improvements earlier in the week.

“Yesterday, he had a good day ... I gave him applesauce. He drank water, and he was doing good. His blood pressure was fine. Everything was fine Friday, everything was fine,” Teal told
[..]
But Teal said White’s health deteriorated early Saturday, when he had to be put on a ventilator, and that White died about 3 p.m.

Jim Olive, a bartender at the Chemistry Nightclub in Greensboro, had said earlier in the week that he had seen White and Gupton leave together in a cab around closing time early on Nov. 9. About 4:30 a.m. that Sunday, an employee at Greensboro’s Battleground Inn called 911 to report a man screaming.
[...]
the fire alarm also was tripped.
[....]
Gupton was arrested and the hotel had to be evacuated. Firefighters found White unconscious and badly burned in a fourth-floor room.
Public Defender Wayne T. Baucino said he met Gupton for the first time Friday.
[...]
Gupton had not entered a plea earlier and an earlier $250,000 bond has been revoked, according to Gilford County jail records posted online late Saturday.
[....]
Guilford County Assistant District Attorney Howard Newman said recently that it appeared White was struck with a telephone, television and another small piece of furniture. He said the fire appeared to have been intentionally set.

Chemistry and another bar were holding fundraisers Saturday night to help cover White’s treatment.
[...]
following White’s death, organizers said the proceeds would be given to the man’s family.

Teal said White served in the Army during the late 1980s, then spent several years with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Federal Air Marshal Service. He worked as a security contractor in Iraq in 2005 when he suffered severe injuries in a blast, Teal said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/veteran-beaten-burned-man-met-bar-dies-article-1.2012843
16la4d1.jpg

This undated photo, provided by Alex Teal, shows his longtime partner, Stephen White of Greensboro, N.C. White is in critical condition after being beaten and burned, allegedly by a man he met at a Greensboro gay bar on Sunday, Nov. 9.
pnl3o.jpg

Alex Teal, shows Teal, left, and his longtime partner, Stephen White of Greensboro, N.C.​

Gross, his partner was ugly as shit, no wonder he cheated on him.

Anyways, wonder if this was a robbery gone bad, some drug related nonsense, a random bit of crazed evilness, or if the culprit had second thoughts about finally fulfilling his gay fantasies and flipped out over it.

White had most of both arms amputated

Prob for the best that he died, given the extent of his injuries. No point if you quality of life ins't gonna be up to snuff

Anyways, wonder if this was a robbery gone bad, some drug related nonsense, a random bit of crazed evilness, or if the culprit had second thoughts about finally fulfilling his gay fantasies and flipped out over it.

Prob for the best that he died, given the extent of his injuries. No point if you quality of life ins't gonna be up to snuff
Depends on the quality of life you have with your partner. They were apparently together a long time, and it isn't uncommon for gay male couples to have a somewhat open relationship over time. Neither one of these men is especially attractive, so I have to conclude they actually felt something about one another. Not to mention what fun it must have been to be a mixed race/gay couple in North Carolina.

I don't think they were a bad looking gay couple. They were cute in their own way much like any other couple. That being said I can't help but think of @gatekeeper informative post on butt banging and then I begin to laugh becoz I'm immature like that.

Well if I've learned anything on DD, it's tolerance for people with opinions that differed from mine at one time. I can seek other viewpoints and make sense of them now. That also shows areas that I've been shallow about. I just read about the transgendered woman who was murdered, andnow this vveteran who was gay being murdered. As Rodney King saic, why can't we all just get along?
Why can't we accept each other the way we are?
Why can't we live and let live?
Don't people realize how much energy we expend hating that we could use loving and accepting
what was created with such love to begin with?

All this makes me very sad.

Where he's going he will have plenty of time to work through his issues of his sexuality. Providing if that was the real issue, but I'm sure it will be the issue by the time his co-inmates get done with him! I agree with mazza above, live and let live for God's sake! Life is to short to be dredging up hate over someone that you don't even really know!

I don't think his partner was neither gross, nor ugly. They looked like a cute happy couple. The guy made a mistake buy taking a stranger home from a bar. It happens to all kinds of people, the only problem is this guy died because of his lapse in judgement. His partner stayed by his side regardless. Very sad story. No one deserves to be set on fire like that. I feel incredible sadness for Alex Teal as well as Stephen's family. I hope Garry spends the rest of his life locked in a cage like the animal he is!.

if u knew mr white he always had an hand problem he put his hands on me and matthew and a few other guys and we didn't press charges and even been kicked out of clubs for fighting so I know mr. white is no saint and he just found someone that wasn't afraid of him

if u knew mr white he always had an hand problem he put his hands on me and matthew and a few other guys and we didn't press charges and even been kicked out of clubs for fighting so I know mr. white is no saint and he just found someone that wasn't afraid of him

Wow. So this guy was basically a serial harasser? Do you know what might've made Garry flip? Or are you assuming it's cause he was touching him inappropriately?

so I know mr. white is no saint and he just found someone that wasn't afraid of him
Still not a justification fo rwhat happened to Mr. White. If women were allowed to do to every man who got outta line with them what was done to the victim in this case, the male population would take a serious hit.

Maybe that behavior would buy him a stern talking to or even a bitch slap but to be beaten and burned to death, nah, not buying it.

Not into victim blaming this week, maybe next, try back then, k?

Wow. So this guy was basically a serial harasser? Do you know what might've made Garry flip? Or are you assuming it's cause he was touching him inappropriately?

by me knowing mr white personally since 2007 I feel he started an argument that lead to him putting his hands on Garry and Garry snapped

by me knowing mr white personally since 2007 I feel he started an argument that lead to him putting his hands on Garry and Garry snapped

Are you friends with Mr. White or is he just the type that everyone knows about from around town?

mr. white was a friend in the distance due to him chaseing me down a road and im no fighter and he well known at Q lounge on Monday nights and he first choked me against wall asking about matthew where abouts and he attack matthew at warehouse 29 and theses are facts

mr. white was a friend in the distance due to him chaseing me down a road and im no fighter and he well known at Q lounge on Monday nights and he first choked me against wall asking about matthew where abouts and he attack matthew at warehouse 29 and theses are facts
So wait, when u say putting his hands on people, r u referencing fighting or trying to get freaky?

mr white hit Garry and Garry snapped Garry may be bipolar I have a sister that would do actions like Garry
Again, just curiosity. But they met in a bar and according the police "the encounter was consensual" and "at some point Mr Gupton became completely irrational". I don't know, seems like the cops don't agree with ur assessment of the situation. They were in a hotel room together? Nothing wrong with anyone's sexuality, but I know my husband doesn't get a room with another man, beat him with a telephone and a tv, then set the room on fire, endangering the lives of all the other guests.
Please don't take my comment to be nasty, I'm simply pointing out the facts of the case. From the bar to a hotel? If I were with a man I just met at a bar, and now we have a room, there's a reason.

ETA: it's not to watch Monday Night Football together. :)

mr white hit Garry and Garry snapped

Are you guessing at White hitting Garry, or do you know for sure? I notice Garry gets first name treatment while Stephen is Mr. White, even though you've known him since 2007. Is Garry a friend of yours?

Im a Friend of Stephen and I know his temper but if I had to bet on angry out of them both Stephen would win the bet i personally played pool and talked with him all the time and i been in place when he loses his temper and its been documented with warehouse 29 and they had to put him out

You're talking like we're in your bizarre creepo homosexual inner circle. I doubt anyone here has ever been to or even heard of the Q Lounge or knows who Mathew is or what the fuck warehouse 29 is. Your facts are worthless and your words are as feeble and twisted as an old woman.

Garry Joseph Gupton, has now been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the beating last Sunday.

“We believe this was a consensual encounter between the two of them, and at some point Mr. Gupton began acting incredibly irrational,” Danielsen had said

If the police believe that this man just snapped why was he charged with first degree murder? Isn't flying into a rage and killing someone typically second degree murder?

Back