• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
Not much out yet

A man has died after somehow getting caught in a wood chipper, according to the Chandler Police Department.

[...]

The man was part of a small landscaping crew using an industrial-sized wood chipper. The Chandler Fire Department confirmed he was decapitated.

Phoenix Trim-a-Tree, LLC., confirmed the man was one of their workers. His identity has not been released.

Information will be updated as it becomes available.
http://www.azfamily.com/news/Man-dies-after-getting-caught-in-wood-chipper-275631541.html

It seems to me that you could make a much safer wood chipper, like maybe that involved some kind of case that you put the wood in while it's turned off, then close, then step back and press a remote button. Maybe it would require the door to be closed and latched before it would turn on. But I'm no engineer. I guess that would probably be too expensive and people would still try to find a way to cut corners.

Back