• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
ad_145570882_zps2582363a.jpg

Inappropriately shaped lollies on sale exclusively in the South Island have been branded offensive and recalled from shops.

Barrie Aburn, of Dunedin, said his daughters Cadence (8), Rhianna (6) and Payton (5) bought a bag of Dragon Sweets from Moyles SuperValue in Green Island and gave it to him for his birthday.

Mr Aburn's partner, Jacqui Hawkins, said she randomly took a sweet from the bag and found it was shaped in the form of male genitals.

Another lolly in the bag was a gummy baby with a penis, she said.

''I don't find anything amusing about it at all. I find it disgusting,'' she said.

The lollies were distributed to shops in the lower South Island.

About two weeks later, complaints started coming in about the lollies, Mr Van de Geest said.

He was unaware ''inappropriate'' lollies were inside the bags.
In Asia, the shape was considered a sign of fertility and health, he said.
''They wouldn't even blink an eyelid. We see it as offensive. We don't mind a hand or a foot being part of a lolly but we object to a breast or a penis.''

He had apologised to Mr Aburn and offered him some ''appropriate'' lollies for free.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11321930

I had a bowl full of those things at a passion party a couple years also. Also had little penis cap erasers rub out any errors my guests had made on their ordering forms. It was a blast. Now, having said that, I dont agree that shops should sell these lollies to underage customers. Thats just wrong.

Now, having said that, I dont agree that shops should sell these lollies to underage customers. Thats just wrong.

Yeah, it's not ideal. They sell them over here too, but only in adult stores. On the plus side, I doubt the kids had any idea what the shapes were supposed to be.
My mom once got a bag of boob-shaped pasta from some kind of raffle and we didn't even notice until we were almost done eating.

I made a penis cake for my friends graduation party a few years ago! LMAO, but fine, fine, yes kids under 16 should not eat things that are shaped like mini....things.

It's inapproporiate for children BUT I on the other hand find in utterly hilarious. Oh, who the Hell am I trying to kid, if one of my kids gave any adult family member a bag of these as a birthday present I'd laugh until I peed.

Hmm, the Hubby's birthday is coming up soon...

a gummy is a gummy, I'd eat them and
I had a bowl full of those things at a passion party a couple years also. Also had little penis cap erasers rub out any errors my guests had made on their ordering forms. It was a blast. Now, having said that, I dont agree that shops should sell these lollies to underage customers. Thats just wrong.
have some fun throwin them at friends but in a shop to kids, no

Back